Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 04:26 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,050,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Yes, we complained...but we didn't defecate and fornicate in public during our protests.
No you just threatened police with guns and spat on politicians and called them racial slurs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2015, 04:31 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
Honestly I can't see anyone who had investments in the S&P 500 siding with them. They irritated me to no end by slightly affecting the value of my stocks/bonds/mutual funds.
The only people I feel could sympathize them would be those with negative net worth, college graduates working at starbucks, and people on EBT who have 0 investments.
The entire "Occupy" bunch are basically know-nothing idiots. They are clueless leaches. They didn't even know what they were protesting; it wasn't even a "protest," really - it was a show of ignorance.

Old 01-07-2015, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Any intelligent person who understands Economics would know that they had valid arguments. Occupy didn't fail because they didn't have legit complaints.
Really?

Old 01-07-2015, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
That hardly addresses the question.

I wouldn't say they failed at raising public awareness. YOU know who they are and what their issues were about.

I wouldn't say that they failed because it aint over yet.
What is the question?

The only "public awareness" they raised was that of how ignorant they are.

Old 01-07-2015, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
I about as aware of the occupy movement as I am when there's a fly buzzing about my office. Come to think of it.....that fly probably came from an occupy person.
When I think of an "Occupy" person, I think of "Pajama Boy."

Old 01-07-2015, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
No they failed because Occupy was literally the protest and the protest only, there was no organization or organizing, no leader, no infrastructure. Those who spread the word about it wanted it to be truly organic and it was, but without any organization, it faded.
They had no valid issue. They are ignorant about economics, investing and investors. They don't know what makes an economy (business makes the economy - not government), nor do they know anything about business. They don't know anything about anything. All they know is how to make a mess, shout their stupid cliche slogans, and disrupt peoples lives. They blocked access to businesses of people they knew nothing about who were just trying to earn a living for their families.

They accomplished nothing.

Old 01-07-2015, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
No, it failed because there was no moral, ethical, economic, or other intelligent point to their protest.

They had no point, they were hypocrites and liars.
And that's a fact, Jack!

Old 01-07-2015, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
Have you seen their Facebook page? it's full of Jew hate propaganda and cannabis. most of their followers are arabs.

That's why they're a failure.
Figures.

Old 01-07-2015, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Occupy was unorganized and unfocused, but there was truth in their core message: That Wall Street was playing by a different set of rules than the rest of America, and it was to the country's detriment. Most people, both liberal and conservative, agreed with that.
No they didn't. The worshipers of Elizabeth (you-didn't-build-that) Warren and her ilk think that. They are collectivists, which are anti-capitalist dolts.

Old 01-07-2015, 05:48 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,036,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
They had no valid issue. They are ignorant about economics, investing and investors. They don't know what makes an economy (business makes the economy - not government), nor do they know anything about business. They don't know anything about anything. All they know is how to make a mess, shout their stupid cliche slogans, and disrupt peoples lives. They blocked access to businesses of people they knew nothing about who were just trying to earn a living for their families.

They accomplished nothing.

Agreed. Unfortunately, for the occupiers with a college degree, instead of taking economics and finance courses, they took things like 'art appreciation' and 'women's studies'. They got liberal arts degrees in some obscure discipline that's essentially worthless in the real world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies