Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2015, 09:59 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,118,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Care......no.

It has become a joke.

At one time I tried to sort people out by their actions.

Now, as the old saying goes........they all look alike to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And that kind of mentality shows a lack of critical thinking, and lacking the ability to think critically.
It shows a lot more to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2015, 10:08 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,838,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTiberiusx View Post
Imagine how white people feel. We have to hear it EVERY.SINGLE.DAY.
You only HEAR it.

I'd give anything for that to be my only real complaint about race... that I have to HEAR about it.

Old 01-07-2015, 11:16 PM

8,631 posts, read 12,958,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
You only HEAR it.

I'd give anything for that to be my only real complaint about race... that I have to HEAR about it.
So true. Imagine if they actually had to go through it.

Old 01-07-2015, 11:23 PM

137 posts, read 143,410 times
It's not about "race relations."

That's a meaningless phrase, akin to so many others added to the racial discussion lexicon. "racial tension," etc. etc.

We can pretend that there is a huge problem with systemic racism in America, but there isn't. White kids with poor parents and a 3.7 GPA have trouble getting into med school, black kids with a 2.9 have their choice of med schools. Academic institutions are instructed to try their best to keep the numbers private so that we can keep on going with the myth that affirmative action merely gives black kids a minor lift.

Every major institution in America gives a non-trivial leg-up to black applicants.

Let's be blunt about the problem that plagues US Society: Black crime.

There is a reason the Obama Administration keeps a very tight lid on FBI crime stats relative to race; the results are incredibly embarrassing.

There is a reason the academic establishment rejects publicizing all research on IQ as relates to race; the results are incredibly embarrassing.

There is a reason they don't want you to know about black crime in lower middle class black neighborhoods, as opposed to the poor ones; the establishment wants to perpetuate the myth that crime is an economic issue, not a racial one.

The soft bigotry of low expectations is the calling card of the establishment class when it comes to black people. It has failed.

Old 01-07-2015, 11:29 PM

137 posts, read 143,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Great for you. I'm black in America. Race has been thrown in my face since I was 7 years old. I have no choice about the matter.
What does that even mean in practical application?

Old 01-07-2015, 11:42 PM

8,631 posts, read 12,958,259 times
These posts clearly show that we live in two different Americas. One side can see it for what it really is and the other side that is oblivious and almost clueless to the actual realities of this country. It's really sad when you think about it.

Old 01-08-2015, 12:08 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,106,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
i know what a hood rat was in the 1990s. you think we want revenge, because you know we have been wronged and if you were in our shoes you would want revenge. there are absolutely no statistics to that show that whites are discriminated by race in this country, yet only a generation away from the civil rights era you have whites, particularly men, screaming that they are now a persecuted minority. it's a joke. black people just want the same rights and opportunities as everyone else. we just want to take care of our families and live the american dream.
Please explain what rights and opportunities black people have been/are denied? How are there so many black people that are working, holding well paying jobs, own homes manage that absent the rights and opportunities you claim black people have been/are denied?

Also, what kind of "revenge" do black people want?

Old 01-08-2015, 06:21 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,586,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTiberiusx View Post
Imagine how white people feel. We have to hear it
EVERY.SINGLE.DAY.
Uhh.............what?

Quote:
Meanwhile. Nobody I know has any clue why we continue to be accused when all of
us have never bothered anyone of color a day in our lives. Never pushed anyone
down to get ahead, never shouted racist imsults, nor even spend time thinking
about race. Enough is enough. This is why most white folks ignore the whole
thing in the media right now. It doesn't apply to us.
What is "the whole thing in the media?"

Old 01-08-2015, 06:53 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,775,153 times
I think if you count the many, many threads on this subject on CD, it does point to the fact that whites DO have some concerns about what we are seeing going on in black communities, even if we say we don't. I will come right out and say that I am disgusted by how blacks are conducting themselves in places like Ferguson and other cities.

From a white man's perspective (and that is all I have to work with) I find it amazing that some blacks will put their heads in the sand and not acknowledge the real issues that are causing them harm. For example:

1) Black women (and some white women too) continue to have baby after baby with black men, and feel it is somehow ok to have multiple "baby daddies", most of whom who do not support or involve themselves in their children's lives. These children grow up with no positive role models, no direction, and no one to teach them right from wrong........they learn their lessons on the street.

2) Where most people would be ashamed to have a criminal record, in the black world it seems almost as a fact of life. When Judge Judy said to one black man "Have you ever been to prison ?" His response was "Oh, sure, of course!" Don't know about you, but I have never been there, and I can't think of anyone I know who has been there either.

3) Blacks have got to stop with this "Woe is me, the world is against us" attitude. That line got old 50 years ago. Yep, there was a time in America that we should be ashamed of as whites. Blacks were treated like second class citizens and we whites didn't want them near us. But that was 50 years ago and by now lots of black people have put that behind them and built great lives for themselves and are held in high regard by everyone, even whites. Hell, we even have a BLACK PRESIDENT !! If every black simply lived life the right way they would all be respected for who they are and where they have come to.

4) It is also time for blacks to start taking responsibility for their own actions and stop blaming every one and everything else. For example, there are videos on YouTube of a Mother and family defending their Son, who was robbing a store at gun point, and threatening to sue the victim who shot that Son and killed him ! Instead of them being logical and reasonable and saying "He had a gun and was robbing some innocent victim", they prefer to say " That man with the gun who killed him could have just let him get away, he was a good boy who just got in with the wrong crowd."

YOUR SON HAD A GUN AND WAS ROBBING SOMEONE !!!!!!! Face the facts !!!!!

You almost feel like shaking some black people and trying to make them see that life could be so much better and different if they would simply play by the same rules the rest of us do. Yep, lots of whites are not angels either, but you don't see us protesting when one of those lowlifes gets killed robbing a store, instead we say "Good, he got what he deserved !"

End of soapbox.

Don

Old 01-08-2015, 07:22 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,838,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I think if you count the many, many threads on this subject on CD, it does point to the fact that whites DO have some concerns about what we are seeing going on in black communities, even if we say we don't. I will come right out and say that I am disgusted by how blacks are conducting themselves in places like Ferguson and other cities.

From a white man's perspective (and that is all I have to work with) I find it amazing that some blacks will put their heads in the sand and not acknowledge the real issues that are causing them harm. For example:

1) Black women (and some white women too) continue to have baby after baby with black men, and feel it is somehow ok to have multiple "baby daddies", most of whom who do not support or involve themselves in their children's lives. These children grow up with no positive role models, no direction, and no one to teach them right from wrong........they learn their lessons on the street.

2) Where most people would be ashamed to have a criminal record, in the black world it seems almost as a fact of life. When Judge Judy said to one black man "Have you ever been to prison ?" His response was "Oh, sure, of course!" Don't know about you, but I have never been there, and I can't think of anyone I know who has been there either.

3) Blacks have got to stop with this "Woe is me, the world is against us" attitude. That line got old 50 years ago. Yep, there was a time in America that we should be ashamed of as whites. Blacks were treated like second class citizens and we whites didn't want them near us. But that was 50 years ago and by now lots of black people have put that behind them and built great lives for themselves and are held in high regard by everyone, even whites. Hell, we even have a BLACK PRESIDENT !! If every black simply lived life the right way they would all be respected for who they are and where they have come to.

4) It is also time for blacks to start taking responsibility for their own actions and stop blaming every one and everything else. For example, there are videos on YouTube of a Mother and family defending their Son, who was robbing a store at gun point, and threatening to sue the victim who shot that Son and killed him ! Instead of them being logical and reasonable and saying "He had a gun and was robbing some innocent victim", they prefer to say " That man with the gun who killed him could have just let him get away, he was a good boy who just got in with the wrong crowd."

YOUR SON HAD A GUN AND WAS ROBBING SOMEONE !!!!!!! Face the facts !!!!!

You almost feel like shaking some black people and trying to make them see that life could be so much better and different if they would simply play by the same rules the rest of us do. Yep, lots of whites are not angels either, but you don't see us protesting when one of those lowlifes gets killed robbing a store, instead we say "Good, he got what he deserved !"

End of soapbox.

Don
Assumptions & Stereotypes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies