Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2015, 08:55 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,010,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If it barely affects you, why is it important to constantly complain about Black people?
Maybe because black people constantly complain about white people? Even the President of the United States can barely make a statement without referencing our country's history of unequal treatment, racism, etc. It's constant.

You want to talk about race, let's talk about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2015, 09:05 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,634,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Maybe because black people constantly complain about white people?
Really?

Quote:
Even the President of the United States can barely make a statement without referencing our country's history of unequal treatment, racism, etc. It's constant.
I've seen lots of statements from President Obama. They cover a wide array of topics.

Quote:
Really?

Old 01-08-2015, 09:28 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,889,940 times
Quote:
... really?

Half this section of the forum is about race and all it ever leads to is people pointing fingers.

Old 01-08-2015, 10:50 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Is this supposed to pass for wisdom or something? Carlin was a pretty miserable guy.
What does misery have to do with being truthful?

He's right. Racial or ethnic pride is pretty pathetic.

Old 01-08-2015, 11:42 PM

39,198 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:
Is this supposed to pass for wisdom or something? Carlin was a pretty miserable guy.
Yes it is. It is wisdom for me. If it is not for you, feel free to ignore it.

Old 01-08-2015, 11:49 PM

137 posts, read 144,109 times
Quote:
Most people were are anything other than completely worthless were miserable. From Presidents to scientists to hilarious social critics.

Smiling, dopey self-help guru's are worse than pedophiles.

Old 01-08-2015, 11:51 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,647,495 times
I don't know why the media has such an intense focus on race relations in the U.S. Race relations are far better here than in most other countries. For example, Israel is a racial supremacist nation that has been thwarting non-Jewish immigration for quite while, and of the refugees who are already there, has been sterilizing them or paying them to leave for European nations such as Sweden. Can you see the U.S. doing something that xenophobic anytime soon?

All this "race relations" hysteria is media driven, and is relatively benign compared to most other nations.

Old 01-09-2015, 12:42 AM

137 posts, read 144,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I don't know why the media has such an intense focus on race relations in the U.S. Race relations are far better here than in most other countries. For example, Israel is a racial supremacist nation that has been thwarting non-Jewish immigration for quite while, and of the refugees who are already there, has been sterilizing them or paying them to leave for European nations such as Sweden. Can you see the U.S. doing something that xenophobic anytime soon?

All this "race relations" hysteria is media driven, and is relatively benign compared to most other nations.
Jews run the media, hence the situation.

It's not about "race relations." When is the last time you saw a prime time CNN piece of Mexican-Black relations?

Asian-Black relations maybe?

Jewish-Muslim relations?

Not never.

It's about wealthy Zionist Jews who despise working class white people.

Old 01-09-2015, 01:32 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,306,516 times
Race relations in this country are a joke. As someone who is Brazilian-American and do no really fit into any of the pre-established ethnic categories defined by the US Government, sometimes I just have to laugh at some of the things I have experienced.

My parents speak Portuguese and I have given up on trying to explain to so many ignorant people that I don't speak Spanish and I come from a different culture, yet, I still get the "Hola, como estas?". People are so incredibly ignorant.

I live in Iowa, I like country music, drive a pick up truck, I am a staunch Conservative yet I people make the assumption that because I am "non-White", I must be a Lib or a Democrat.

I have lived in this country most of my life, I love it, would not want to live anywhere else but it is hard to feel comfortable here when you are surrounded by so much ignorance coming from all different races.

Old 01-09-2015, 04:32 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,464,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
I assume many/most of us have friends/coworkers/acquaintances who are black/white (the opposite of whatever you are). I'm also going to guess that many of us here feel (you may or may not) that race relations have taken a backward step in the last few years.

Have your feelings on the macro state of race relations in the US impacted your more personal dealings with people of another race?

Do you care?

On the micro level, mine have not, but on the macro level, I've definitely become more cynical and negative towards hood rats, protesters and race baiters.
No.

The white|black dichotomy is irrelevant to the brown man.

[shrug]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies