U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2006, 01:45 PM

20,518 posts, read 38,236,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryb View Post
.....I like Bush, don't agree with him on everything. Will probably move out of the country if we get another Clinton in there as I will be taxed to death..............AGAIN.
Really, we were not taxed to death before. In the mid 1990's, a seriously-focused Republican majority in Congress managed to balance the budget, in concert with Clinton (not my favorite guy either). That same era also gave us truly meaningful welfare reform, with welfare now down a good 75% on a nationwide scale. I favor restoring tax rates to where they were, before Bush started writing checks on the U. S. Treasury, made payable to the 5% of wealthiest Americans, that you, I and every working person will now have to cash for the next 30 years.

With G.W. Bush, we've a right-wing GOP that is simply running the U. S. Government as a keptocracy, as bad as any tin-horn African dictator who takes our "foreign aid" and pockets it for himself. Only Bush/Rove did it with red ink, a debt that you will be paying off for at least 30 years. Bush is rapidly transferring the money and future of the middle class to the wealthy class, and no one seems to mind a bit. What is wrong with this picture?

s/Mike
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2006, 01:53 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,826,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie View Post
Nancy Pelosi - no way that woman is going to become president..

I can't stand her neither can most people I talk to - even other Dems.

That Obama can save his campaign $$ I am not voting for him either.

LIEberman? Gawd..UGH!

Edwards is an energetic, intelligent, charasmatic young man. I think if he had run on top of the ticket in 2004 the Dems might have been a lot closer.

Hillary has a good rep - better than most people think she does. And she is a well educated woman with a pit bull attitude. I think out of all the possibles for 2008 that she actually has the most balls..and the best brain. But will her last name help her?? With some, yes, others it will prove to be a big negative with.

I am voting for someone with half a brain this time around, or not at all.

What does Hilary stand for? What are her positions? She is a politician with no core beliefs. She is the wife of the slickmeister himself. Who do you think was running the show before? It was Hilary. They will put in the same group of thrugs. Bill was a puppet and a speaker very charasmatic with nothing underneath. It was her running the show all along.

Edwards is a trial lawyer not someone I'd want to take a look at.

I would take a look at Rudy. He's not a social conservative but he's on National Security. Personally I'd like to see a ticket with Rudy and Leiberman.

Old 11-04-2006, 05:48 PM

1,330 posts, read 4,568,516 times
Hillary is an intelligent woman however, and was a very active first lady..

Nyers seem very happy with her service so far, we will have to see wether she even decides to run or not - or god forbid loses her senate seat!!

I don't mind a trial lawyer as president, at least he has brains and tact LOL! Good speaker, too bad Kerry did not run on the underticket and let Edwards do the talking.

Rudy said numerous times he will not run..though I do like him quite a bit.

I'm going mainly for brains next time around- the issues are going to be a close 2nd.

Old 11-04-2006, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Hillary is an intelligent woman however, and was a very active first lady..

Nyers seem very happy with her service so far, we will have to see wether she even decides to run or not - or god forbid loses her senate seat!!

I don't mind a trial lawyer as president, at least he has brains and tact LOL! Good speaker, too bad Kerry did not run on the underticket and let Edwards do the talking.

Rudy said numerous times he will not run..though I do like him quite a bit.

I'm going mainly for brains next time around- the issues are going to be a close 2nd.

She can't be too smart she married Bill She already had a chance as President she was in office for 8 years. Who did you think was running it?

Edwards was the one that said if we vote for Kerry Christopher Reeve would get out of his chair and walk. Sounds like a snake oil salesman to me. Trial Lawyer same thing.

We can only hope Rudy will change his mind.

If you are going for brains Bush has Kerry beat, not that Kerry is going to run again.

Bin Ladin has brains you better take a look at the issues.

Old 11-04-2006, 07:42 PM

12,775 posts, read 7,542,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700 View Post
Don't forget to invite the terrorist, I'm sure they will throwing their own party. They hate Bush too and their sleeper cells are voting for the Dems also. They need 8 more years of someone like Clinton concentrating on interns and throwing Hollywood celebrity parties. It shouldn't be hard to find a Bush pinata and don't forget a box of American flags to burn. That always makes for a goodtime.

I'm glad I'm voting opposite of the terrorist, hopefully the majority of this country is too.

Better start opening the pockets Pelosi will be reading to pick mine.
Yeah, the sleeper cells are probably voting after having come into the country through mexico illegally and buying ss cards and credentials...all things that bush should be taking care of if he really cared about this country, it's called homeland security. Everyone picks my pockets, so no difference there, but maybe if the dems get in I'll actually GET something for my money instead of it going to the already rich.

Sign me up for the party! I may even have my own parade!

Old 11-04-2006, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Edwards was the one that said if we vote for Kerry Christopher Reeve would get out of his chair and walk. Sounds like a snake oil salesman to me. Trial Lawyer same thing.

Bin Ladin has brains you better take a look at the issues.
Yeah, Edwards must have felt like a real horse's ass for that comment - the poor guy croaked a year later...

Bin Laden is a hot, irritated, kidney failing, crone stuck in the desert mountains...
If he ran for president it would be with a "new image" and he (like all politicians) would tell us that 9/11 was really planned by a camel who was acting on "bad intelligence" given to him by the mean old horse down the road..and of course, promptly promise to lower taxes!

And still some of the idiots in this country would believe him and vote for him..

Old 11-04-2006, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Yeah, the sleeper cells are probably voting after having come into the country through mexico illegally and buying ss cards and credentials...all things that bush should be taking care of if he really cared about this country, it's called homeland security. Everyone picks my pockets, so no difference there, but maybe if the dems get in I'll actually GET something for my money instead of it going to the already rich.

Sign me up for the party! I may even have my own parade!
You bet and that's why the Dems are for amnesty so they can get more votes. The sleeper cells have been coming in before Bush. At least we have something called the Dept of Homeland security and a fence being put up on the border finally. This is all under the Bush Administration and the Dems fought him on the fence and the Dept of Homeland Security.

Well I like to keep my money and my life. Good Luck celebrating with the terrorist maybe you can turn on CNN they may be picking up the events in Iraq.

Old 11-04-2006, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Yeah, Edwards must have felt like a real horse's ass for that comment - the poor guy croaked a year later...

Bin Laden is a hot, irritated, kidney failing, crone stuck in the desert mountains...
If he ran for president it would be with a "new image" and he (like all politicians) would tell us that 9/11 was really planned by a camel who was acting on "bad intelligence" given to him by the mean old horse down the road..and of course, promptly promise to lower taxes!

And still some of the idiots in this country would believe him and vote for him..

I believe it. They hate Bush so much they would vote for Bin Laden. Ted Kennedy called Obama Bin laden the other day Maybe Teddy could get on that ticket with him.

Old 11-04-2006, 09:46 PM

454 posts, read 651,905 times
Talking I feel your pain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Areyouserious? View Post
I'm longing for the day when Mr. Newkyalur's lease is up on the white house.

I'm wondering just how does one go about throwing a parade?

At the very least, I am going to throw a party and invite all of my thinking friends.
This is a great thread. Had to chuckle when I read most of the posts. I had the same oppinion of Clinton, so It you were to substitute the name "clinton" for "Bush" you now know how conservatives felt.

The comparisons is something to study. Each a Governor. Each in their first term was elected in a way that the losing party thought was questionable (the Ross Perot factor in 1992). The second election each was up against a politician that at best was weak. "Our best chance to get rid of the idiot, and this is the best we can put up against him?" So it really was each of our parties fault that we could not unseat the current president.

Well, you got two more years of President B. Enjoy.

So, for 2008, how about Hillary VS. Rush?

Old 11-04-2006, 10:44 PM

Quote:
I believe it. They hate Bush so much they would vote for Bin Laden. Ted Kennedy called Obama Bin laden the other day Maybe Teddy could get on that ticket with him.
Now wouldn't that be a riot??? The anti gunner running with one of the most brutal neaderthals of the 21st century! LMAO!

This country would be so twisted it would not know which end is up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies