Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2015, 12:42 PM

335 posts, read 424,057 times

Advertisements

Old 01-07-2015, 12:42 PM

410 posts, read 398,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
No it's not, pointless crap like religion, race, skin color, ethnicity doesn't matter in cases like this (opposite of what some news outlets want you to think).
Habibi, so the facts that punishment in Islam for Blasphemy is death + the fact that they shouted "Allahu Akbar" + "We have avenged our prophet" has nothing to do with Islam?
If you are gonna be a Muslim apologist at least try a bit harder.

video-des-images-de-l-attaque-au-siege-de-charlie-hebdo

Old 01-07-2015, 12:46 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Exactly what weapons would you be using to violently defend yourself?
Who cares?

The point is that there are some situations where I think I might respond violently to what I perceived as threats to myself and my beliefs.

And I think a good many people might also think that if they and their beliefs were threatened, they might respond violently.

Because "often, sometimes, and rarely" is a vast net. Like fishing in a fish hatchery.

Old 01-07-2015, 12:47 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHastings View Post
There would a new crusade if they had announced that they supported these terrorists.

Update me when an Imam, anywhere in the world, denounce the following passes from the Quran and the Hadith which calls for death as a punishment for Blasphemy.
Until then, it is nothing but a PR attempt to deflect blame from the savagery of Islam.
Need a hand moving those goalposts?

Old 01-07-2015, 12:49 PM

4,006 posts, read 6,038,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Who cares?

The point is that there are some situations where I think I might respond violently to what I perceived as threats to myself and my beliefs.

And I think a good many people might also think that if they and their beliefs were threatened, they might respond violently.

Because "often, sometimes, and rarely" is a vast net. Like fishing in a fish hatchery.
Are you muslim?

Ever heard "sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me".....apparently not.

What about if someone says something about your mama? You wanna fight then?

Old 01-07-2015, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
Just so I'm clear....

You believe that with 100% of your soul, that every terrorist act done in the name of islam is evil. Regardless of what someone says about your God, phophet, mohemmed, etc., there is never a justification for planting a bomb or something like that.

Now, if you're standing in the park reading Bible verses outloud and someone starts a fight with you, then it's ok to hit back?

Is this correct?
I believe that terrorist acts are evil. No matter what the defense.

And I believe if someone were to try to plant a bomb at the National Archives in DC, I would see that as an attack on myself (and every other American) and on my beliefs (as stated earlier in this thread), and I would use violence to stop the attack at the National Archives.

Old 01-07-2015, 12:50 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Who cares?

It's a very important question based on the fact that you are willing to commit violence to protect yourself and your beliefs.

Why defend yourself if you don't have the proper tools to be successful?

Old 01-07-2015, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
You would use violence against someone who mocked your beliefs?
Nope. Mock away.

Old 01-07-2015, 12:51 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
It's a very important question based on the fact that you are willing to commit violence to protect yourself and your beliefs.

Why defend yourself if you don't have the proper tools to be successful?
Ouch!

Old 01-07-2015, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
Are you muslim?

Ever heard "sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me".....apparently not.

What about if someone says something about your mama? You wanna fight then?
Ever hear of READING?

Evidently not, since your reading comprehension sucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies