Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 05:10 PM

11,221 posts, read 8,297,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
My religion is not better than anyone else's - I would never hurt anyone who insults my religion, and I would condemn anyone who did.

Try getting that response from a Muslim.
You got one from the guy from Indonesia.

MOST Muslims are peaceful, just like MOST Christians are. Both religions have a history of fanatics killing in the name of their religion. Historically, Christianity has killed a LOT more, but that is somewhat moot. Wrong is wrong. The thing that is bothersome is that a lot of Christian American's seem to use a double standard to justify their prejudice against Muslims. Or maybe it's the other way around, that their prejudice forces the double standard. Whatever. It's wrong, and Islam practiced correctly is a peaceful religion, as is Christianity (I am neither)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2015, 05:19 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,739,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
why do so many millions of Muslims migrate to other nations? Why not stay in their Islamic society where they are "free" to hate as much as they desire, cover their eyebrows, and pray 500 times a day without any infidels in sight?

If Islam and it's society is so important, that you can justify KILLING in it's name, WHY LEAVE a place where this is acceptable?

The world doesn't need anymore Islamic nations. There are 57 already, with 100's of millions in the western world too.
IME, muslims who leave their countries do so because

1) some other brand of islam is persecuting their brand of islam, or they belong to some other religious minority

2) they are educated, and want to live in a more open society

Just what I've learned/observed from the muslims I know

Old 01-07-2015, 05:22 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,823,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
What makes any religion SO great?

Better question, what makes Christianity better? Christianity has more blood on its hands in human history than other religions.
Its not a thread about Islam until a liberal acts like Christianity is so horrible and Islam is sooo peaceful.

Old 01-07-2015, 05:25 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Its not a thread about Islam until a liberal acts like Christianity is so horrible and Islam is sooo peaceful.
The point is that they're both horrible.

Old 01-07-2015, 05:27 PM

963 posts, read 689,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yes. Islam and liberalism are both HORRIBLE.

Old 01-07-2015, 05:51 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,823,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Christianity isn't bad. Its just some myth that liberals like to keep believing that Christians are just as bad if not worse than Muslims and that Atheists are all peaceful and tolerant.

Old 01-07-2015, 05:58 PM

2,253 posts, read 2,520,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaMia411 View Post
Why did any religion migrate to different countries and to America?

This is a pretty stupid thread and stupid that you think America is made up of only your religion or 1 religion, sorry OP but you failed.
Only a person with no reading comprehension skills would make an ASSumption that I was referring to the US only. Nice job

Old 01-07-2015, 06:02 PM

2,253 posts, read 2,520,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
You got one from the guy from Indonesia.

MOST Muslims are peaceful, just like MOST Christians are. Both religions have a history of fanatics killing in the name of their religion. Historically, Christianity has killed a LOT more, but that is somewhat moot. Wrong is wrong. The thing that is bothersome is that a lot of Christian American's seem to use a double standard to justify their prejudice against Muslims. Or maybe it's the other way around, that their prejudice forces the double standard. Whatever. It's wrong, and Islam practiced correctly is a peaceful religion, as is Christianity (I am neither)
I really wish people would learn how to make analogies.

both have a history of it - yet one of them is STILL doing it. The nice thing about history is that MOST people LEARN FROM IT, so they don't repeat.

Another nice thing is evolution - which some have yet to.

Old 01-07-2015, 06:13 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,167,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Christianity isn't bad. Its just some myth that liberals like to keep believing that Christians are just as bad if not worse than Muslims and that Atheists are all peaceful and tolerant.
Just like Islam isn't bad, but it is much easier to blame an entire religion than it is those small extreme fractions....though when it comes to Christianity it is much easier to blame those small extreme fractions than it is to condemn an entire religion....go figure.

Old 01-07-2015, 06:19 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,050,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Just like Islam isn't bad, but it is much easier to blame an entire religion than it is those small extreme fractions....though when it comes to Christianity it is much easier to blame those small extreme fractions than it is to condemn an entire religion....go figure.
Where are these extreme Christian factions and what recent terrorist events have they perpetrated? Let me guess, was it bringing Ebola into the US when they brought one of their doctors back for treatment? Yeah, that must be it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies