Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 01:37 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
The first thing that needs to happen is BOTH SIDES need to allow an intelligent conversation to happen, and accept that there are problems originating from all angles. That is not likely to happen.
this i agree with. but before intelligent conversation can take place, we need to get people to stop race baiting, and claiming racism when there is none.

Old 01-07-2015, 01:40 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,108,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
for instance early in his presidency, a friend of his apparently lost his keys and had to break into his house. the cops werw called and the professor couldnt produce evidence that he lived in the house, and resisted the cops efforts to find the truth and as a result was arrested. obama said publicly that the cops behaved stupidly, and then to smooth things over he ordered a "beer summit". what he should have done is kept his big mouth shut since it was a local incident and all obama did was fan the flames.
Obama was asked about it at a news conference and expressed his opinion. If he had followed your advice and kept his mouth shut, you would say it's a disgrace that a president will not comment on an issue everyone is talking about.

As a previous poster pointed out, you have it rigged so that Obama can't win no matter what he says or does.
what obama should have said at that news conference is "i dont have enough information on the incident to make an informed comment" and left it at that. that i would have respected because he didnt have the needed information. instead he said the cops acted stupidly, even though he didnt have much information on the incident.

so why did obama comment in the first place? he was in fact fanning the racism flames.
Let's say everything you said about Obama putting his foot in his mouth was true. How did that negatively impact race relations?

Old 01-07-2015, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Let's say everything you said about Obama putting his foot in his mouth was true. How did that negatively impact race relations?
a black president standing up in front of the country, and with virtually NO information about the situation saying white cops acted stupidly, and you dont see how this would negatively affect race relations?

Old 01-07-2015, 01:51 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,108,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
a black president standing up in front of the country, and with virtually NO information about the situation saying white cops acted stupidly, and you dont see how this would negatively affect race relations?
Yes. That's exactly what I'm asking. Spell it out how you make the leap from [cops arresting someone on their own property is stupid] to [this negatively set back race relations].

Old 01-07-2015, 01:53 PM

23,529 posts, read 17,205,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheFarSideOfTown View Post
I often read and hear people blaming Obama for race relations and how poor it's gotten over the past few years. I have to admit I dislike people of West European descent a lot more now than I did a few years ago, but it's not due to anything that Obama has said or done. I've read more about the history of Europeans and know more about them now due to having traveled all over the country. Is there any empirical data stating that race relations have gotten worse within the last few years or is this just another desperate attempt by the right to blame Obama for something else that isn't his fault?
Obama and his handlers have employed a strategy of divisiveness to forward their political agenda and generate votes. Every possible demographic category has been turned against the other by obama especially race. Alsharpton replaces Rev Wright in Obama's world, both race baiters and racists. If any repub had his arm around a racist the sky would be falling, the media would ensure that.

Troll!

Emperical data? Seriously?

You say, 'you often hear' how poor race relations have gotten?

You propose an emotional position and ask for an emperical argument?

Where is your emperical data?

Old 01-07-2015, 01:56 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,766,078 times
Quote:
Due to being tested more harshly than their lighter skinned counterparts and SAT tests being fixed with racial bias.
LOL!

Yea all that Algebra and Grammer. It's all coded so only Whites and their Asian lackeys can figure it out. The SAT is a Stormfront conspiracy to keep the brothers down.

Old 01-07-2015, 01:59 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,450,688 times
Default How has Obama made race relations worse?

… by being guilty of "driving the country while Black" (aka, simply being the first Black POTUS)!

And God knows, there's nuthin' "worse" than having a few white folks lose their sense of "entitlement"!!

The Pretty Darn Exhaustive Obama Nickname List

Old 01-07-2015, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Yes. That's exactly what I'm asking. Spell it out how you make the leap from [cops arresting someone on their own property is stupid] to [this negatively set back race relations].
first remember that the cops were DOING THEIR JOBS PROPERLY by identifying the person trying to break into the house. he had NO ID, and not other proof on his person indicating that he in fact lived there. during the encounter the person in question was belligerent towards the officers and resisted all attempts to peacefully resolve the encounter, and as such the cops had no recourse but to arrest the person in question. had he cooperated with the police, he would likely not have been arrested, and the incident would have been a non issue. and again when obama was asked about it he admitted that he had little information about what happened, and had obama said i wont comment on the issue without more information about what happened, i would have been good with that. but instead he opened his mouth and said the officers acted stupidly, again without any real information about what happened.

by the way, do you remember the race of the professor in question?

Old 01-07-2015, 02:09 PM

21 posts, read 13,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
LOL!

Yea all that Algebra and Grammer. It's all coded so only Whites and their Asian lackeys can figure it out. The SAT is a Stormfront conspiracy to keep the brothers down.
Make light of it all you want, but statistically it's been proven that African Americans are graded more harshly than people of European descent.

Old 01-07-2015, 02:17 PM

88,964 posts, read 44,771,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheFarSideOfTown View Post
Make light of it all you want, but statistically it's been proven that African Americans are graded more harshly than people of European descent.
The SAT is completely color-blind. It's literally a scantron answer sheet. They're all graded the same. Each answer is either right or wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.