Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 09:36 AM

62,952 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Agreed, and don't forget the relentless attacks against the poor will continue, while supporting more welfare for the rich. You know, things like dramatically increasing the estate tax limit, and allowing the rich to write off all the taxes on their vacation homes, and investments.
You're just another one who has drank the leftist Kool-Aid. There are no attacks on the poor per se. Conservatives are just for ending the fraud and those who make welfare a way of living rather than working. We have no problem helping the truly needy. All the tax deductions you are mentioning for the rich has been decided by congress collectively and that includes many Democrats. There are just as many rich Democrats as there are Republicans.

If the left were so concerned about the poor, and the rich getting richer then why are they advocating for amnesty for illegal aliens? The jobs they are holding could be held by the poor and other Americans instead and the rich wouldn't be able to get rich off of them anymore with e-verify in place and enforcing our immigration laws. Somehow I think I will hear crickets on this one by the left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2015, 09:47 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You're just another one who has drank the leftist Kool-Aid. There are no attacks on the poor per se. Conservatives are just for ending the fraud and those who make welfare a way of living rather than working. We have no problem helping the truly needy. All the tax deductions you are mentioning for the rich has been decided by congress collectively and that includes many Democrats. There are just as many rich Democrats as there are Republicans.

If the left were so concerned about the poor, and the rich getting richer then why are they advocating for amnesty for illegal aliens? The jobs they are holding could be held by the poor and other Americans instead and the rich wouldn't be able to get rich off of them anymore with e-verify in place and enforcing our immigration laws. Somehow I think I will hear crickets on this one by the left.
Most Liberal wants them out

Old 01-08-2015, 09:53 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
Quote:
Why do they have to be viable outside the womb to be considered a human life? The womb merely gives them an environment to grow in and nourishes them. Without nourishment outside the womb all humans would die. So what's your point?
Their justification to change the qualifications for the procedure is based on something that isn't a real thing. It attempts to fundamentally change the rights of a person based on easily proven wrong information. And its so important, it trumps the other things on day one.

Look, I know this won't pass. I know what it is. Its pandering.
I just wish pandering wasn't the first thing on the list. We have other, bigger problems than pandering.

Quote:

http://www.takeourjobs.org/

http://money.cnn.com/2010/07/07/news...m_worker_jobs/

Since June 24 (2010), at least 4,000 people have responded to the application, said Rodriguez. Some are serious responses and others are hate mail. "Only a few dozen have really followed through with the process," he said

Old 01-08-2015, 10:09 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
The grievously callous disregard for women and the poor from the Republicans shouldn't surprise anyone. The only real question is whether their "priorities" are a result of cynical selfishness and self-centeredness, or a result of self-deception. Are the right-wingers simply bad people, or have they drank their own Kool-Aid?
Does this mean that you support late term abortion?

Do you believe there should be ANY abortion restrictions at all?

Old 01-08-2015, 11:06 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Affects 'only' a certain group?
Women only?

You are another 'one' that I can't say what I think about you!

You don't have a clue!
Actually, the target of killing babies before they are born is focused on negro babies!

Women's right to kill their unborn is not important?
It is 'only' an attack against women?

I am "wealthy" but I'm guessing .. you are not and That makes you angry!?
Go out, get a life, earn a living, save and 'someday .. you may obtain "wealth"!

And you call others .. morons?
You didn't read what I wrote. I am no fan of abortion but yes this group doesn't like women. They also don't support equal pay. I'm not a feminist either, at least according to how the left views it.

Old 01-08-2015, 11:14 AM

Quote:
I normally agree with you on many issues but not this one. It is ridiculous to claim that the GOP hates women and that is why they oppose abortion. They oppose it on moral grounds. There is no reason that all the issues won't be addressed with a GOP dominated congress and they will. And all politicians are wealthy regardless of their party affiliation so I don't get your point here. I fail to understand what wealth has to do with opposing abortion anyway.
Unfortunately this group of Republicans does hate women. I'm not one of those who believes Republicans hate women but this extreme branch really does. Most also don't support equal pay, which saddens me as someone who lost a job due to this (I found a less qualified male coworker was making more, complained and got fired). We had one of these clowns run for office in Illinois who actually said women should be housewives. I'm not interested in that and am happy to have a career. I would not be affected if abortion was illegal and I don't generally understand (barring health reasons)why someone would have an abortion that late. However, they went after a topic they know women would get angry about. If they truly oppose it on moral grounds I would understand as I really feel that way. I just don't think these particular Republicans feel that way. There are many more things they could deal with, like immigration (and hopefully they will)and the economy. As for them being rich, I agree both parties are rich which is why they won't fix the outsourcing and visa problem. I dislike the Democrats as well.

Old 01-08-2015, 11:22 AM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Because they are proving off the bat they hate women. I don't care for abortion myself really but they go after it because it is something that affects only a certain group and that is women. It should be things like fixing the economy but these morons don't care about that because most are wealthy.
It won't go anywhere. What you are seeing is some congresspeople from highly conservative areas pandering to their base. In fact, do you really think that they weren't pushing this last year? Or the year before that lol?

The reason they are pushing it isn't because they dislike women.....no, no, you give politicians too much credit if you think they have any real convictions (good, evil or otherwise). Every dang thing they do is either for MONEY or VOTES. They are getting plenty of both from the religious right to push that legislation which will again....go nowhere. Heck, many of their backers are women or haven't you seen any pro-life protests?

In short, it's not because you have a uterus.....it's because the people paying and electing them have a bible.

Let me let you in on another secret, everything is being orchestrated right now.

You have the reps newly in control making noise for thier backers.
You have the dems that have already lined up to take every bill and push the "See they hate women, hate the poor, are racist" memes.

Both are dishonest scum.

Old 01-08-2015, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
It won't go anywhere. What you are seeing is some congresspeople from highly conservative areas pandering to their base. In fact, do you really think that they weren't pushing this last year? Or the year before that lol?

The reason they are pushing it isn't because they dislike women.....no, no, you give politicians too much credit if you think they have any real convictions (good, evil or otherwise). Every dang thing they do is either for MONEY or VOTES. They are getting plenty of both from the religious right to push that legislation which will again....go nowhere. Heck, many of their backers are women or haven't you seen any pro-life protests?

In short, it's not because you have a uterus.....it's because the people paying and electing them have a bible.

Let me let you in on another secret, everything is being orchestrated right now.

You have the reps newly in control making noise for thier backers.
You have the dems that have already lined up to take every bill and push the "See they hate women, hate the poor, are racist" memes.

Both are dishonest scum.
The reality is the Christian Right does hate women. They look at women as child bearers, maids and cooks and nothing more. I am very religious myself and somewhat conservative and even they scare me. I have met many people from these groups and they have told me their agenda is to put women back into the kitchen and they start by chipping away little by little. The left scares me too btw with their views.

Old 01-08-2015, 11:58 AM

4,472 posts, read 3,825,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Because they are proving off the bat they hate women. I don't care for abortion myself really but they go after it because it is something that affects only a certain group and that is women. It should be things like fixing the economy but these morons don't care about that because most are wealthy.
But what if the aborted baby is a future woman? Does that mean liberals want to kill women?

Old 01-08-2015, 12:00 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
What late term abortions are they trying to ban that aren't already covered under the sea of laws we have about late term abortions already?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies