Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 04:48 PM

1,988 posts, read 2,215,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
It is usually the crimes they commit to support the habit. Same with all the other legal/illegal drug addicts.
Marijuana isn't addictive. Most people that smoke weed have jobs, it isn't debilitating.

Old 01-08-2015, 04:48 PM

11,111 posts, read 10,666,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I hate to say, but I told you so......

Of course the pro-drug media has been doing its very best to claim the opposite. Do not believe the lies.

Why is crime up? Same reason it went up in Holland. Legal drugs attract the scum. Unfortunately this is only the beginning. It will get worse.

Crime Is Up in Colorado: What That Tells Us About Pot Legalization and, Perhaps More Importantly, Lazy Reporting*|*Kevin A. Sabet, Ph.D.

Lately legalization advocates have been cheering numbers that show a decline in crime. There are literally hundreds of articles that have been written with this narrative. But an honest look at the statistics shows an increase -- not decrease -- in Denver crime rates.

Crime is tracked through two reporting mechanisms: the National Incident Based Reporting System (NIBRS), which examines about 35 types of crime, and the FBI Uniform Crime Reports (UCR). The FBI UCR only captures about 50 percent of all crimes in Denver, so the NIBRS is generally regarded as more credible. The Denver Police Department (DPD) uses NIBRS categories to examine an array of crime statistics, since it is the more detailed and comprehensive source of numbers.

The Denver Police statistics show that summing across all crime types -- about 35 in all -- the crime rate is up almost 7 percent compared with the same period last year. Interestingly, crimes such as public drunkenness are up 237 percent, and drug violations are up 20 percent.

So why are advocates claiming a crime drop? Easy: They blended part of the FBI data with part of the DPD/NIBRS data to cook up numbers they wished to see. When one picks the Part I data from UCR and uses DPD/NIBRS property-crime numbers only while studiously avoiding the DPD/NIBRS data on all other crimes, one can indeed manufacture the appearance of a decline. As one can see here, even when using the FBI UCR numbers -- in their entirety -- crime has risen.
Are you still harping on the Netherlands? Your entire argument about Holland was debunked - multiple times in multiple threads. If you're still trying to use Holland as any part of your argument, your entire position is questionable.

Old 01-08-2015, 04:50 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,668,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No different then alcohol consumption. People steal and rob to get their bottle of bourbon.
Yep;this attracts too many more on drugs tho.

Old 01-08-2015, 04:51 PM

45,131 posts, read 26,310,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Yep;this attracts too many more on drugs tho.
Thank god for laws or you'd be on crack. Right?

Old 01-08-2015, 04:52 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,796,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
Marijuana isn't addictive. Most people that smoke weed have jobs, it isn't debilitating.
Didn't say it was debilitating, not all pot users are employeed. A habit doesn't need to be pysically addictive to get people to change behavior.

When you have something that decreases ambition and is expensive, it leads to less than ideal circumstances to support purchasing.

I am pro legalization of all drugs, btw. But legalization comes with problems, no matter how you slice it.

Old 01-08-2015, 04:53 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,282,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Thank god for laws or you'd be on crack. Right?
Crank man crank.

Old 01-08-2015, 04:54 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,282,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Didn't say it was debilitating, not all pot users are employeed. A habit doesn't need to be pysically addictive to get people to change behavior.

When you have something that decreases ambition and is expensive, it leads to less than ideal circumstances to support purchasing.

I am pro legalization of all drugs, btw. But legalization comes with problems, no matter how you slice it.
Liberty comes with problems. It's called humanity.

Old 01-08-2015, 04:58 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,796,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Liberty comes with problems. It's called humanity.
I agree. I accept the problems, but I will still point them out.

Old 01-08-2015, 06:20 PM

77,013 posts, read 47,474,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I think that pot heads would be too stoned to misbehave.
Apparently they are doing much more than just smoking pot. Drug crime is up by 20%.

Old 01-08-2015, 06:21 PM

77,013 posts, read 47,474,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No different then alcohol consumption. People steal and rob to get their bottle of bourbon.
What has that got to do with the increase in crime since legalization?

Public drunkenness are up 237 percent, and drug violations are up 20 percent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies