Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 06:23 PM

293 posts, read 317,085 times

Advertisements

Who is cooking the statistics here? Crime up because of public drunkenness? That is hardly a crime

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-10-2015 at 10:34 AM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 01-08-2015, 06:23 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
http://www.denvergov.org/Portals/720...enses_2014.pdf

Here is the other set of data.

Murder
Aggravated Assault
Sex Offenses

All categories of crime that went down. I really don't give a **** about disorderly conduct or drug offenses.
Overall crime is up. I am sorry if you are struggling to accept the fact. Assaults are up 21%. I guess you don't give a rats ass.

Old 01-08-2015, 06:26 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,819,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjthejetplane View Post
Who is cooking the statistics here? Crime up because of public drunkenness? That is hardly a crime, growth some skin and keep your wits about you.
If it is not a crime then why is it illegal?

Old 01-08-2015, 06:27 PM

45,230 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
If it is not a crime then why is it illegal?
It shouldn't be. There is no victim in such a case.

Old 01-08-2015, 06:29 PM

50,268 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Marijuana isn't addictive. Most people that smoke weed have jobs, it isn't debilitating.
I'm taking it you haven't been to a beach area then. Most people that get stoned at the beach don't have jobs, usually because it shows on a drug test. Divided into three categories. Those that have jobs that don't get tested, low paying jobs. Those that are homeless and those that are either living at home with other family or family is paying for them to live there. I was blown away how many stoners lived near the beach.

and yes, I've smoked my fair share back in the day. Enough to know I was useless when I was stoned too.

Old 01-08-2015, 07:05 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,275,196 times
Quote:
http://www.denvergov.org/Portals/720...enses_2014.pdf

Here is the other set of data.

Murder
Aggravated Assault
Sex Offenses

All categories of crime that went down. I really don't give a **** about disorderly conduct or drug offenses.

AMEN!! And at least now they will have a better tax revenue to deal w such MISDEMEANOR "hooligans."

Old 01-08-2015, 07:10 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Overall crime is up. I am sorry if you are struggling to accept the fact. Assaults are up 21%. I guess you don't give a rats ass.
The OP left out the only honest statement from the article he posted. I'm sure it was unintentional.

"So if crime is up, can we blame legal pot? We do not know whether legalization has anything to do with it."

I wouldn't be crowing so loudly.

Old 01-08-2015, 07:28 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,729,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Didn't say it was debilitating, not all pot users are employeed. A habit doesn't need to be pysically addictive to get people to change behavior.

When you have something that decreases ambition and is expensive, it leads to less than ideal circumstances to support purchasing.

I am pro legalization of all drugs, btw. But legalization comes with problems, no matter how you slice it.

agree.. but legalizing weed is better than the status quo..

making the common safer organic drugs illegal makes for more concoctions of deadly synthetic drugs.. its like the hackers with the computers they just keep finding ways to break security codes..

I was reading about India, and when they made marijuana illegal there heroin use SKY ROCKETED up right after MJ was made illegal.. now its the synthetic drugs that are taking off,!!!! new and hard to detect with no laws governing their use, and this is all a by product of making safer drugs illegal.. lets pretend that alcohol was eradicated off the planet tomorrow.. all other hard drug use would sky rocket right after its prohibition..

Deadly High: How synthetic drugs are killing kids - CNN.com

Ingredients from China linked to at least 100 synthetic drug deaths in Japan | South China Morning Post

Synthetic Drugs Are Now Common In Chinese Cities - Business Insider

Old 01-08-2015, 07:33 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
What? No one's blaming Obama for this? I guess the hardcore right has finally given up on that one.

Old 01-08-2015, 07:41 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
Did anyone for a moment think about this?

OK you're a cop, smoking pot isnt a crime anymore, so you do not spend time investigating it. what do you do?

Well...arrest drunken idiots is now something you have more time for. And they're easier to find.

Narcotics officers? Look for other drug use....causing those arrest numbers to go up.

Now....look at crimes that will ALWAYS be investigated. murder for example. That goes down. Why?

Because the number of murder is going down, while the other crimes are being investigated more. Im sure they're still not arresting every drunk and disorderly person, but they're getting more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies