Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 03:55 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Didn't say it was debilitating, not all pot users are employeed. A habit doesn't need to be pysically addictive to get people to change behavior.

When you have something that decreases ambition and is expensive, it leads to less than ideal circumstances to support purchasing.

I am pro legalization of all drugs, btw. But legalization comes with problems, no matter how you slice it.
It can also motivate some people. Particularly some who are depressed. It got me through the period where my sister (who was more like my mom AND dad) was nearly killed and suffered a traumatic brain injury. I chose to help the rents and take care of her.

Imagine viewing your mom/dad/sibling everyday, who was full of life before, incapacitated and emotionless.

I was able to start my first biz and get the 2nd off the ground. It bothers me when people try to label all marijuana users the same.

Old 01-09-2015, 04:06 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
It can also motivate some people. Particularly some who are depressed. It got me through the period where my sister (who was more like my mom AND dad) was nearly killed and suffered a traumatic brain injury. I chose to help the rents and take care of her.

Imagine viewing your mom/dad/sibling everyday, who was full of life before, incapacitated and emotionless.
So, without marijuana you would not have helped with the rents?

Old 01-09-2015, 04:31 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No different then alcohol consumption. People steal and rob to get their bottle of bourbon.
It's VERY different, unlike cannabis, alcohol is physically addicting and physically difficult to stop using.

Old 01-09-2015, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I hate to say, but I told you so......

Of course the pro-drug media has been doing its very best to claim the opposite. Do not believe the lies.

Why is crime up? Same reason it went up in Holland. Legal drugs attract the scum. Unfortunately this is only the beginning. It will get worse.
Quote:
You are proving the point made in the OP (creative / lazy reporting) The stats which you offer capture about 50% of the crimes committed.

You have been lied to.

Folks, this is how propaganda is used to influence public opinion.
The article YOU cite clearly states "So if crime is up, can we blame legal pot? We do not know whether legalization has anything to do with it." yet you allege it's the cause of rising crime.

I think we all know who we've been lied to by.

Reefer madness is apparently alive and well in south FLA.

Old 01-09-2015, 04:54 AM

923 posts, read 1,429,961 times
And just who is Kevin Sabet? Kevin A. Sabet, a leading voice against legalizing pot, recently spoke...

Just more government anti-pot propaganda.

Kevin Sabet | Clear thinking about drug policy

Old 01-09-2015, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The article YOU cite clearly states "So if crime is up, can we blame legal pot? We do not know whether legalization has anything to do with it." yet you allege it's the cause of rising crime.
When the pro-drug crowd thought crime was down, they claimed it was because of pot legalization, but now that crime is up, it has nothing to do with pot You can't make it up folks

Old 01-09-2015, 04:59 AM

Quote:
When the pro-drug crowd thought crime was down, they claimed it was because of pot legalization, but now that crime is up, it has nothing to do with pot You can't make it up folks
You're the one making things up with your baseless allegation of legalized being the cause of increased crime when the very article YOU cite states legalized pot is NOT KNOWN to be the cause. Sorry if I've confused with a fact.

Old 01-09-2015, 05:16 AM

Quote:
You're the one making things up with your baseless allegation of legalized being the cause of increased crime when the very article YOU cite states legalized pot is NOT KNOWN to be the cause. Sorry if I've confused with a fact.
Are you claiming it is just a coincidence? Crime has been trending down since the 1990 (declined by 50% nationwide), but as soon as Colorado legalizes pot, crimes jumps in Colorado? Hmmmmm...

Did the pro-drug selling point become reality? Did crime decline? Were they right? No, the opposite happened. They were dead wrong, just like they were wrong in Holland when they made the exact same argument to sell decriminaliation.

Old 01-09-2015, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Are you claiming it is just a coincidence? Crime has been trending down since the 1990 (declined by 50% nationwide), but as soon as Colorado legalizes pot, crimes jumps in Colorado? Hmmmmm...

Did the pro-drug selling point become reality? Did crime decline? No, the opposite happened.
I'm claiming when you said we've been lied to it was you doing the lying by saying legalized pot has caused the crime increase in direct opposition to the very article YOU cited. You've supplied NOTHING factual to support your O-P-I-N-I-O-N, only a biased article by an anti-pot crusader that still doesn't tie legalization and increased crime together.

WHAT part of the statement "We do not know whether legalization has anything to do with it" from the article YOU cite are you having difficulty with?

Old 01-09-2015, 05:27 AM

Quote:
I'm claiming when you said we've been lied to it was you doing the lying by saying legalized pot has caused the crime increase in direct opposition to the very article YOU cited.
You were lied to by the pro-drug crowd on multiple occations:

1. This year you were told crime HAS declined, and it was credited to pot. It was a lie. Crime has not declined.
2. Last year you were told crime WOULD decline IF pot was legalized. It was a lie.

Now you are admitting crime went up, which is same as admitting you were lied to.

Get used to it. Trying to make the conversation about me is nothing but a grand deflection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies