Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 05:32 PM

1,347 posts, read 954,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
Who do you target though? The people doing this aren't a nation state but private citizens.
If you wiped the regime of iran off the face of the earth, you'd significantly degrade terrorism worldwide. If you did the same to the saudi regime, you'd practically eliminate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2015, 05:38 PM

1,347 posts, read 954,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
We never won in Iraq. We defeated their army in short order, but we never won over the Iraqi people. All we did was occupy until the blood price became too high to pay any longer.
If iran're fake regime of terrorists was destroyed first, it might have been possible to stabilize iraq.

Quote:
We have never won over the Taliban. All we accomplished is scattering and weakening them temporarily. The Russians never won against those who became the Taliban. The same is true with all the other terrorist groups. They all still exist, because there is no way to ever kill oppositional thought toward the west.
The taliban have survived because they have the pakistani government providing them with abundant support, as well as the pakistani country itself as a safe haven from which to launch attacks. If pakistan was anti-taliban, and did not provide them with an entire region of the country to run back across the border to, they would have long been wiped out.

Quote:
The only nations that can 'win' are those with real imminent threat on a large scale to the nation's survival. Now that Pakistan is in a serious fight with the Taliban and the other groups, Pakistan can win. They will actually discern the difference between enemy and innocent in every fight they engage in, and will take care not to kill their own as much as humanly possible.
It took awhile, but now ever pakistan gets it; if you use terrorists/terrorism as a weapon against others, you can be quite certain that eventually the dog will no longer accept the will of the master.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:13 PM

32,021 posts, read 36,777,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Well, they ought to have. G.W. Bush came close with Dick Cheney and their plan for "Shock and Awe," which unfortunately got scaled back. They should have done it.
According to the Bush administration, the Iraq mission would not be that hard.
"My belief is we will, in fact, be greeted as liberators." –Vice President Dick Cheney, "Meet the Press," March 16, 2003

"Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed." –President Bush, standing under a "Mission Accomplished" banner on the USS Lincoln aircraft carrier, May 2, 2003
Of course these statements were before we started losing large numbers of troops, so how could they have known?

Old 01-11-2015, 06:59 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,140 times
Quote:
So, in other words, you have no plan to deal with this, and you also refuse to identify the enemy (most likely out of ignorance of Islam, or out of fear).

I have already served my country. I'm a Vietnam vet. And you? What have you done for your country?
Wow!! Maybe we crossed paths. Where were you? I was a grunt in the Marine Corps that served in a couple of mobile CAP units in NAM. PM me so we can talk about it.

Old 01-11-2015, 07:02 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Wait a minute; WE started this war???? Really? What was 9/11, in your opinion? Was that not a direct attack against the United States? Now, tell me again; who started this war?
Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 and this all started well before 9/11.

Old 01-11-2015, 09:02 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,161,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
According to the Bush administration, the Iraq mission would not be that hard.
"My belief is we will, in fact, be greeted as liberators." –Vice President Dick Cheney, "Meet the Press," March 16, 2003

"Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed." –President Bush, standing under a "Mission Accomplished" banner on the USS Lincoln aircraft carrier, May 2, 2003
Of course these statements were before we started losing large numbers of troops, so how could they have known?
I've still not seen figures on how many Iraqi's were killed - needlessly and criminally. I guess will just continue to sweep that under the rug.

Old 01-11-2015, 09:25 PM

259 posts, read 178,789 times
Quote:
Was bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki "terrorism" in your view? Hundreds of thousands of civilians were killed. But thousands of American lives were saved, and Japan surrendered, ending its bloody war against the U.S. and islands in the Pacific.

But I agree with cutting off funding of these nations.

I'll ignore the ignorance displayed by your last question and your personal attack on me ("vile cretin like [me]").
You doubled down and called for massive nuclear strikes civilians be damned. You truly deserve to be called a vile cretin. If you don't know why this is repulsive, then you are a completely lost cause. Don't like the label, dont act like one. Even the likes of you should understand that.

Old 01-11-2015, 09:28 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,476,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyu86 View Post
You doubled down and called for massive nuclear strikes civilians be damned. You truly deserve to be called a vile cretin. If you don't know why this is repulsive, then you are a completely lost cause. Don't like the label, dont act like one. Even the likes of you should understand that.
Unfortunately, this is a sample of what "Middle America" is really like.

The red states should burn to the ground.

Old 01-11-2015, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
If you wiped the regime of iran off the face of the earth, you'd significantly degrade terrorism worldwide. If you did the same to the saudi regime, you'd practically eliminate it.
Eliminate terrorism by committing the single largest act of terror in world history. What next Einstein?

Old 01-11-2015, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Unfortunately, this is a sample of what "Middle America" is really like.

The red states should burn to the ground.
A lot middle americans think that way (mostly hard core republicans). But not all. You shouldn't stoop to that clowns level with that last sentence though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies