Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 12:42 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,267,024 times

Advertisements

Prison Planet.com » Cop Tases 76 Year Old Car Dealer For Driving Car With Expired Inspection Sticker

I think this officer needs to be decorated for his bravery and for laying his life on the line to bring this dangerous desperado to justice. He definitely used restraint and acted in a professional manor in the face of obvious danger.

That or this cop is an idiot and is a good example of whats wrong with LE today.

Your choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2015, 01:00 PM

13,281 posts, read 7,826,174 times
http://rt.com/usa/220807-cop-shoots-woman-dog/

Old 01-10-2015, 01:02 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,418,120 times
He has been fired. At 23 years old he has screwed up his career.
Victoria police officer fired after using Taser on 73-year-old man

Old 01-10-2015, 01:06 PM

79,907 posts, read 43,984,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
He has been fired. At 23 years old he has screwed up his career.
Victoria police officer fired after using Taser on 73-year-old man
It notes that they are looking at filing criminal charges also. This one is a good example of how it should work. The officer must be held to the same innocent until proven guilty standard but it shouldn't take months and months to do that.

As noted here it took somewhere around a month to make a determination and fire him. Now hopefully we won't find out that another force has hired him.

Old 01-10-2015, 02:07 PM

46,189 posts, read 26,929,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
Prison Planet.com » Cop Tases 76 Year Old Car Dealer For Driving Car With Expired Inspection Sticker

I think this officer needs to be decorated for his bravery and for laying his life on the line to bring this dangerous desperado to justice. He definitely used restraint and acted in a professional manor in the face of obvious danger.

That or this cop is an idiot and is a good example of whats wrong with LE today.

Your choice.
Yep, all cops are just like this....therefore....all cops are bad...your choice...

Of course...

Quote:
"On behalf of the Covington Police Department and an anonymous Secret Santa, here's $100," Spinks told Williams and other drivers before they drove away from his traffic stop. "Merry Christmas."
There goes your theory.....

Covington police give drivers $100 bills instead of traffic citations thanks to 'Secret Santa' | NOLA.com

Old 01-10-2015, 02:19 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,070,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It notes that they are looking at filing criminal charges also. This one is a good example of how it should work. The officer must be held to the same innocent until proven guilty standard but it shouldn't take months and months to do that.

As noted here it took somewhere around a month to make a determination and fire him. Now hopefully we won't find out that another force has hired him.
I saw some huge tactical errors which I would not have taught to any of my trainees... while I won't disclose them here let's say the mistakes happened before the traffic stop started and continued to the unnecessary ending

This ex officer will never pass another background and will never see a job as an Leo... I would be interested in his academy training .. his on the job training ..and how his fto educated him. Some small departments have very short training programs because of budget
There will be a successful lawsuit and settlement...As there should be

Whatever anyone wants to say here... this is a rare incident... in the hundreds of thousands of traffic stops we successfully conclude every day

We lose our jobs and freedom over bad decisions.. as it should be
In this case I would see the prosecutor electing to charge him... and a jury convicting him...if he is found guilty

As far as him not being fired quickly enough for you there's lots of factors for that ... due process being a major one so he can be legally fired.. he was off the street and even if on paid admin leave would have to repay any salary once found guilty... from what I can tell the department acted appropriately and quickly

If you are found guilty tomorrow will you lose everything ?... I doubt it...
This guy will be pumping your gas after he gets to do time in county jail...

The op has shown an agenda...
I could easily post.. citizen seriously injures police officer ... which happens many times a day

Doesn't quite have the same jazzy snap does it....

Last edited by notmeofficer; 01-10-2015 at 02:33 PM..

Old 01-10-2015, 03:05 PM

79,907 posts, read 43,984,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
I saw some huge tactical errors which I would not have taught to any of my trainees... while I won't disclose them here let's say the mistakes happened before the traffic stop started and continued to the unnecessary ending

This ex officer will never pass another background and will never see a job as an Leo... I would be interested in his academy training .. his on the job training ..and how his fto educated him. Some small departments have very short training programs because of budget
There will be a successful lawsuit and settlement...As there should be
The officer that shot the kid in Cleveland had been previously in the process of being fired and deemed not suitable for a police officer.

Cleveland officer who killed Tamir Rice had been deemed unfit for duty - LA Times

This is a part of the problem though, police officers allowed to simply resign as opposed to having the process completed. I understand that most systems probably does it right as you point out and I've noted that in this case it seems they have handled this correctly but Cleveland after hiring someone they shouldn't have doubled down on stupid.

Mayor Frank Jackson will not swear-in former East Cleveland cop who lost job for excessive force | cleveland.com

This one had even been fired.

Quote:
Whatever anyone wants to say here... this is a rare incident... in the hundreds of thousands of traffic stops we successfully conclude every day
I have noted that the thousands of successful interactions a day between the police and citizens don't make the news but that doesn't excuse those that do screw up. Granted you are not trying and say any different.

Quote:
We lose our jobs and freedom over bad decisions.. as it should be
In this case I would see the prosecutor electing to charge him... and a jury convicting him...if he is found guilty

As far as him not being fired quickly enough for you there's lots of factors for that ... due process being a major one so he can be legally fired.. he was off the street and even if on paid admin leave would have to repay any salary once found guilty... from what I can tell the department acted appropriately and quickly
Read what I said again. I said the process seemed to have worked pretty efficiently here unlike other situations. I said that even this officer was innocent until proven guilty.

Quote:
If you are found guilty tomorrow will you lose everything ?... I doubt it...
This guy will be pumping your gas after he gets to do time in county jail...

The op has shown an agenda...
I could easily post.. citizen seriously injures police officer ... which happens many times a day

Doesn't quite have the same jazzy snap does it....
He will probably get hired as a mall security guard. I do not disagree that cases like this do not paint all officers as bad.

Old 01-10-2015, 03:14 PM

32,004 posts, read 36,632,624 times
If this perp hadn't violated the law he wouldn't have found himself under arrest in the first place.

Then he made it worse by choosing to resist arrest.

Old 01-10-2015, 03:20 PM

45,094 posts, read 26,253,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
If this perp hadn't violated the law he wouldn't have found himself under arrest in the first place.

Yet everyone violates multiple laws in the course of their day. This includes you (and ironically every cop)and because of that you have no moral high ground from which to preach.

Old 01-10-2015, 04:22 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,418,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post

This 73 year old "perp" hadn't violated any laws and there was no reason to arrest or lay hands on him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies