Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2015, 06:55 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Never. And the same is true for the vast majority of the world's muslims.

If you want to blame the murders of these cartoonists on all muslims, then you're gonna have to blame the murder of dr. tiller on all christians.

See how parity works?
I suppose some crazies blame Islamic-based terrorism on ALL Muslims. I'm not among them. otoh, I'm also not among the crazies who claim most terrorism in the 21st century is unrelated to Islamic teachings. The murderers of the cartoonists are Muslim, so is ISIS and Al Qaeda.

What you and others on the left try to do is equate random, isolated murderers to an international, well organized and funded Islamic ideology of warfare. To make it worse, many of you go on to equate fundamentalist Christian opposition to abortion and gay marriage to Muslim acts, such as stoning, beheading, or honor killings.

Basically, you despise your nebulous enemy on 'the right' and Christianity while going to any lengths to rationalize the actual terror of Muslims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2015, 07:04 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
We could also answer the OP by asking… why is sympathy for conservative violence (murdered abortion doctors, hate crimes, gun nuts, Fundie wackos, bombed federal buildings, etc.), so common on the political Right?

Old 01-14-2015, 07:09 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
We could also answer the OP by asking… why is sympathy for conservative violence (murdered abortion doctors, hate crimes, gun nuts, Fundie wackos, bombed federal buildings, etc.), so common on the political Right?
Except that it's not.

But keep deflecting... just proves OP's point.

Old 01-14-2015, 07:12 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Ty, TY, TY so much. Exactly the kind of leftish mushy-headed excuse-making for Islamic terrorism I spoke about in the post above yours.

Old 01-14-2015, 07:15 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
"...in the Land of Fruits and Nuts". At least you got that much right.

Last edited by r small; 01-14-2015 at 07:29 AM..

Old 01-14-2015, 07:16 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
Lol, those things are common?

Old 01-14-2015, 07:56 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm on the left and I have no sympathy for any religion. I've got no use for Islam.

I do however have sympathy for people that are being picked on unnecessarily when they've committed no crime.
I have no political or religious identity.

I can distinguish between the idealism of some versus all.

Do all Christains believe in plural marriage, including marrying 12 year olds in sealing ceremonies, because Fundalmentalist Morons do?

Do all Christains believe in funeral protests because one tiny Baptist church does?

Do all Jews seek to deny women equal rights because ultra orthadox do?

Did all Christains of the world rationalize the extermination of 6 million Jews and disabled, because a majority of Christains in Germany once did?

There has never been a shortage of interpretations of the Bible, Torah and the Quaran.

The U.S. has the most diverse Muslim and Christain population in the world , representing every ethnicity. Most people trend moderate and secular. Some are flat out crazy, real crazy and use religion to rationalize their crazy.

Believing all Muslims are alike is as ridiculous as believing all Christains are alike. Believing all Muslims are Arab is ignorant. The Middle East is a small segment of the Muslim population. Islam is not a single country or geo region.

Only thing that seems certain to me is that the more an anti Muslim sentiment takes hold here and elsewhere, the easier it becomes for radical Muslims to recruit.

Old 01-14-2015, 07:56 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Has anyone here actually blamed the problems caused by Muslim radicals on ALL Muslims, or did someone just propose that as a strawman?

Old 01-14-2015, 08:09 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm on the left and I have no sympathy for any religion. I've got no use for Islam.

I do however have sympathy for people that are being picked on unnecessarily when they've committed no crime.
Except for police officers, right?

Old 01-14-2015, 08:10 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Has anyone here actually blamed the problems caused by Muslim radicals on ALL Muslims, or did someone just propose that as a strawman?
That's the latest straw man along with "most Muslims are moderate".

The old chant of "Islam is the religion of peace" can't cut it anymore given current events.
That phrase got blown up..literally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies