Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 04:59 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
A handful of posts? I'm talking about the words of prominent conservatives and conservative elected officials.

These were the voices saying Putin was a strong leader. They were wrong.

They were the ones bed wetting over the fearsome Rusdian military under Purin's strong leadership taking over Ukraine, taking over Poland and starting to reconstitute the old ussr.

Their idiotic words are what I'm referring, and elected and prominent conservatives were saying everything I listed about Putin/Russia, and as usual they were wrong about everything.
df

How many? 2, 5, 10? Well that certainly defines conservatism... Please... The fact is, however unlikely that he is to utilize it, Putin should be watched closely as he still does have access to ICBMs. Russia does have an impressive military history and while they may currently be falling on hard times, they should be respected as having the potential to strike harder than they currently are. If you ignore Russia, you do so at your own peril. Putin is former KGB which tells me, he is not to be trusted. Go ahead and dismiss Putin and Russia if you would like to eventually be made a fool...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2015, 05:02 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychonaft View Post
Americans and Russians have different mentality. I never use concept like "free country" and don't disturb about this. I guess my country is free enough compare with 1937 when got in GULAG for one word against Stalin. Yes, in this meaning I feel myself free.
"if someone does rise up to challenge putin" - if you rise up to challenge Obama? I can try against Putin but I have more important business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychonaft View Post
I hear something about Litvinenko. If I don't mistaken he was a traitor, ex-FSB agent. I don't cry about him. This "plutonium" transformed into joke for a long time.
americans can challenge obama without possibly ending up in prison, average or otherwise. and it wasnt plutonium, it was polonium. a material while similar in nature, in that they are both radioactive, but plutonium is generally a manufactured element, whereas polonium is a natural one.

Old 01-14-2015, 06:41 PM

36 posts, read 28,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
americans can challenge obama without possibly ending up in prison
I know it's your national idea, "freedom", "independence", "free vote" and other things like it. We, russians, somehow manage without it. But couple of guys who wished bereave our freedom in fact, Napoleon and Hitler, got epic fail. So it goes!

Old 01-14-2015, 08:20 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,771,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Putin is very popular in Russia. I doubt he is going anywhere, anytime soon.
I didn't mean overthrown by the people. But by the military or one of their sympathizers.

Old 01-14-2015, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Wait a minute, how can Putin be overthrown, when American conservatives just few months ago were saying how Putin is a real leader who is embarrassing President Obama?

Not the same Putin that conservatives were repeating Russian/Putin propaganda( Sarah Palin said Putin wrestles bears) I'm not making that quote up. She said it.

Not the same Putin that conservatives just a few months ago were saying was going to run through Ukraine and take over Poland next and reconstitute the old USSR?

Because how can Putin earn praise and fear from conservatives about his great leadership and Russia's military power just a few months ago, and yet be so weak that he is in danger of being over thrown?

Oh yeah that's right conservatives are wrong about everything.

Their Putin/Russia predictions are just the latest example of them not being able to deal with reality.
Putin isn't weak. But there is someone stronger----the military or one their henchman.

Old 01-14-2015, 08:23 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerman View Post
I didn't mean overthrown by the people. But by the military or one of their sympathizers.
I doubt you see that either.. Putin knows how the Russian system works. I think before you saw Putin disappear, you would start seeing Generals vanish. Putin is no dummy. You can bet he has good internal intel, given his background.

Old 01-14-2015, 08:29 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,171,306 times
China will invade eastern Russia. Kaliningrad will become an independent country. Japan will invade the Kurils and Sakhalin. Ukraine will invade Crimea. Romania will annex Moldova. Everything else will fall into chaos.

Seriously though why would Putin be overthrown? While eastern Ukraine has turned into a fiasco, world oil prices are obviously beyond his control, and this is what is hurting the Russian economy now. Even a successful attempt will end up incredibly messy for everyone involved.

Old 01-14-2015, 08:37 PM

Now what would the Russians love. A strong leader like Zhirinovsky that would use the military to take eastern Ukraine and some Baltic countries and if anyone gets in the way they will have a big war on their hands with a big country with a lot of nukes. Not only that but Zhirinovsky would root out the internal muslim problem that she now has and would take back some areas in the Caucasus. And who would argue with Russia because Russia would use whatever it takes to get whatever she wants. Don't forget that Russia is hungry for a military win after the defeat in Afghanistan. The political ground is fertile for someone like Zhirinovsky The proud Russians want their pride back and Putin isn't getting it back for them at least not fast enough.
Oh, one more thing. Zhirinovsky once said that if he was the leader of Russia he would open the Gulag system the way it was under Stalin and he would bring back the KGB the way it once was.
He also said that Lithuania is a part of Russia and if she didn't come into the Russian orbit he would use gas on them to take it back.
Now we know from history that Russia is famous for big tough guys like Zhirinovsky.

Old 01-14-2015, 11:40 PM

Only Chuck Norris can defeat Putin!

Old 01-15-2015, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerman View Post
A strong leader like Zhirinovsky
Zhirinovsky never be a president. It's just political puppet for entertainment, court jester. Circus comes to town he plays the lead clown. And Zhirik understands it clearly.

Last edited by Psychonaft; 01-15-2015 at 12:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies