Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 05:43 AM

46,202 posts, read 26,953,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So you are saying you didn't read the article? She put the gun in her pocket, she was reaching into her pocket to pull out the gun.
And the thugs seen this in the dark....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2015, 05:45 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,444,617 times
Default Grandma was shot 4 times, shoots robbers!

Good shot placement.

Old 01-15-2015, 06:28 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,418,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Johnny, get your gun, get your gun, get your gun.
Take it on the run, on the run, on the run.
Hear them calling you and me,
Every Son of Liberty.
Hurry right away, no delay, go today.
Make your Daddy glad to have had such a lad.
Tell your sweetheart not to pine,
To be proud her boy's in line.

How sad that Over There now means the next block instead of a war on foreign soil.
And even worse it means your fellow citizens are now the enemy to be armed in fear of. What a bunch of maroons; as 'Bugs' would have said.

This is going to get much worse before it gets any better and will end very badly.

Some of the posters on here would not need to interpret any rorschach ink blots to confirm they should not be in the possession of anything even remotely like a firearm.

Bravdo and bluster are primary indicators of an inferiority complex struggling with overcompensating.

"What do you see when you look at this one?" I see a Colt Defender ........and this one.......a Glock 19........and this one........ooooh, I see a Kimber Stainless Gold Match.....ooooh, ooooh!"

Old 01-15-2015, 06:35 AM

46,202 posts, read 26,953,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
And even worse it means your fellow citizens are now the enemy to be armed in fear of. What a bunch of maroons; as 'Bugs' would have said.

This is going to get much worse before it gets any better and will end very badly.

Some of the posters on here would not need to interpret any rorschach ink blots to confirm they should not be in the possession of anything even remotely like a firearm.

Bravdo and bluster are primary indicators of an inferiority complex struggling with overcompensating.

"What do you see when you look at this one?" I see a Colt Defender ........and this one.......a Glock 19........and this one........ooooh, I see a Kimber Stainless Gold Match.....ooooh, ooooh!"

The ONLY people that say this is people like you because you cannot back anything up...kinda like the "sex" thing and the left when talking about people who like guns..fetish fetish fetish......

Please tell us, what are they over compensating for or from?

Go ahead....no need to tell me I don't understand what you wrote, I clearly do. To wit; your BS...

Old 01-15-2015, 06:58 AM

29,108 posts, read 14,425,078 times
Quote:
What? How many robberies happen in this country that end in murder? I call BS on this statement.
Are you serious ?!? Last week someone in Detroit was shot for $2...did you read that ???? two dollars ! Earlier in the year a store owner was shot and killed after giving up the $300 in the register...after he handed it over... Are you really willing to roll the dice on your life ? really ? What kind of coward would go down with out a fight ?

Last edited by scarabchuck; 01-15-2015 at 07:10 AM..

Old 01-15-2015, 08:29 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,077,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Are you serious ?!? Last week someone in Detroit was shot for $2...did you read that ???? two dollars ! Earlier in the year a store owner was shot and killed after giving up the $300 in the register...after he handed it over... Are you really willing to roll the dice on your life ? really ? What kind of coward would go down with out a fight ?
People comply with robbers and home invaders all the time and still get shot to death. No witnesses!

Old 01-15-2015, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
People comply with robbers and home invaders all the time and still get shot to death. No witnesses!
Absolutely. I just can't get into the head of people that sympathize with the thugs, or are just willing to roll over and take whatever is coming to them without a fight. What happened to the survival instinct ? Sad really.
I know there are situations (ones I hope never to be in) where you might not have an option to fight back , then there are others (again ,never want to partake) where you have a chance to fight back so it all depends on the situation but it seems like the majority of our society just want to let the thugs take control. I read in an article that one of the "anti" rape techniques is to urinate on oneself to put off the rapist. Really ? Why not take a self defense class and fight back ?
My wife is on her third Krav Maga course and also carries a firearm...a much better choice than urinating on oneself.

Old 01-15-2015, 10:57 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,076,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
The only circle is your crystal ball......which is cracked......
Yep, the bad guy was scared she would pull out "keys" so he shot her four times, says chuck.

Old 01-15-2015, 11:00 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,076,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
No, I don't keep up on crimes in Detroit, why would I?

Everything in life has action and reactions. What makes you think either of those people were cowards just because they were killed in a robbery? And that still doesn't prove that all robberies end in murder.

Old 01-15-2015, 12:03 PM

Quote:
No, I don't keep up on crimes in Detroit, why would I?

Everything in life has action and reactions. What makes you think either of those people were cowards just because they were killed in a robbery? And that still doesn't prove that all robberies end in murder.
Well, I'll tell you what. If you end up in that situation , you do whatever you have to. Give them a hug, sweet talk them, give them your money or car and possibly your life. I'll fight for mine. That is what is great about this country , we have choices. What isn't great is when people judge others because of their choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies