Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 12:32 PM

45,122 posts, read 26,284,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yep, and how many months do they work to pay for gas, food, shelter, and so on? Nothing in life is free, especially a stable and fairly safe country.
You make it sound like those three months of pay go for things people want and are pay for voluntarily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2015, 12:37 PM

6,252 posts, read 5,048,879 times
Quote:
Yep, and how many months do they work to pay for gas, food, shelter, and so on? Nothing in life is free, especially a stable and fairly safe country.
Not sure. Depends on how far they drive, how much they eat, whether they rent or buy........and so on.

How long does a career welfare recipient work? How long does THAT person have to work in order to be able to pay for their gas, food, shelter and so on. Oh that's right. They don't work. I guess some things in life ARE free.

Old 01-14-2015, 12:38 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,076,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
You make it sound like those three months of pay go for things people want and are pay for voluntarily.
I don't know about you, but I like roads, schools, police, fire departments, military, armed forces, science advancements, and so on, and have no problem paying taxes to help fund them.

Quote:
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."
Benjamin Franklin

Read more at Death And Taxes Quotes - BrainyQuote

Old 01-14-2015, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Not sure. Depends on how far they drive, how much they eat, whether they rent or buy........and so on.

How long does a career welfare recipient work? How long does THAT person have to work in order to be able to pay for their gas, food, shelter and so on. Oh that's right. They don't work. I guess some things in life ARE free.
Well if that lifestyle sounds so wonderful to you, then I suggest you should do the same thing and live a wonderful life off welfare. Just because you see someone on welfare does not mean they spend their entire life on welfare. Most people who need welfare only need it for a period of time before moving up and out of welfare, but that doesn't mean there won't be someone behind them in need of that same assistance.

Old 01-14-2015, 12:42 PM

Quote:
I don't know about you, but I like roads, schools, police, fire departments, military, armed forces, science advancements, and so on, and have no problem paying taxes to help fund them.
Many of us don't like being forced to pay for things we don't need and delivered with substandard service.

Old 01-14-2015, 12:44 PM

6,252 posts, read 5,048,879 times
Quote:
Well if that lifestyle sounds so wonderful to you, then I suggest you should do the same thing and live a wonderful life off welfare. Just because you see someone on welfare does not mean they spend their entire life on welfare. Most people who need welfare only need it for a period of time before moving up and out of welfare, but that doesn't mean there won't be someone behind them in need of that same assistance.
Some merely are experiencing difficulties in their lives and I have no qualms about giving someone a hand up. Some are long term, money sucking leeches. You know it. I know it. Everybody knows it.

But none of that really matters. You made the stupid comment that nothing in life is free. When I pointed out the stupidity of your comment you tried to derail the conversation.

Old 01-14-2015, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Many of us don't like being forced to pay for things we don't need and delivered with substandard service.
Then tell your Congressman you want them to improve the service. What you are not liking is called being subjective. And like Ben Franklin has said, as long as you are alive there are two things in life you can always count on, taxes and death. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, yet it seems to be the biggest shocker to some every tax season.

Old 01-14-2015, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Some merely are experiencing difficulties in their lives and I have no qualms about giving someone a hand up. Some are long term, money sucking leeches. You know it. I know it. Everybody knows it.

But none of that really matters. You made the stupid comment that nothing in life is free. When I pointed out the stupidity of your comment you tried to derail the conversation.
And? Are you saying we should invest more money into programs to investigate people on welfare to make sure they are not abusing the system? If you are saying that, then I agree with you, the problem is people want less people abusing the system but don't want to pay for the programs to police the system.

Also, last time I checked that was universal knowledge that nothing in life is free, everything has a cost of some sort. Well at least I thought it was universal knowledge until now.

Old 01-14-2015, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Then tell your Congressman you want them to improve the service. What you are not liking is called being subjective. And like Ben Franklin has said, as long as you are alive there are two things in life you can always count on, taxes and death. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, yet it seems to be the biggest shocker to some every tax season.
I don't want improvements I don't want to be forced to pay for things I do not need
Its not a surprise criminals are going to steal, who is surprised? What is surprising is there are those who think congressmen are there to serve the electorate.
Since there was no income tax at the time, Ben Franklin is not speaking of it.

Old 01-14-2015, 01:49 PM

Quote:
I don't want improvements I don't want to be forced to pay for things I do not need
Its not a surprise criminals are going to steal, who is surprised? What is surprising is there are those who think congressmen are there to serve the electorate.
Since there was no income tax at the time, Ben Franklin is not speaking of it.
Well you write your Congressman and tell them you don't want to pay taxes for the things you personally don't need. I am sure they would enjoy the laugh. As long as you make an income in this country, expect to pay federal taxes. Welcome to reality kiddo, this happens every tax season as if it is a shocker to people that they have to actually pay taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies