Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 08:59 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I don't hate white men. I actually feel sorry for the ones claiming they're being persecuted against.
True. And I feel sorry for those who think they've achieved something great ("We did this!" "We did that!" "We're so wonderful!").

Old 01-14-2015, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptic View Post
So a white male who is passed over for a job, or position, or promotion, or college by a less-qualified minority isn't being by definition violated?

Got it.
Problem is, you don't know that the minority that white male was "passed over" in favor of was actually less qualified. White males just assume they are the best qualified for any position in life, when in many, many cases they are clearly not.

Old 01-14-2015, 09:01 AM

The Klan is strong on this thread.

Old 01-14-2015, 09:06 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
So a white male who is passed over for a job, or position, or promotion, or college by a less-qualified minority isn't being by definition violated?

Got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Problem is, you don't know that the minority that white male was "passed over" in favor of was actually less qualified. White males just assume they are the best qualified for any position in life, when in many, many cases they are clearly not.
The funny thing is a certain type of conservative "always" spews this kind of nonsense but they provide zero evidence. I would be curious as to who exactly (by name) was passed over by a minority less qualified. With side by side resumes for proof. The funny thing is that will never happen! Conservative arguments break down once you start digging into specifics...

Old 01-14-2015, 09:08 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
I can see how white males would feel that way.

There are protective laws for about everyone else.

Old 01-14-2015, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I can see how white males would feel that way.

There are protective laws for about everyone else.
Yes, there are some laws that protect minorities from white males. Thankfully, it was intelligent white males who understand inequality and the need to protect "everyone else" from the majority that strove to assure justice and equality for all - not just white males.

Old 01-14-2015, 09:15 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Quote:

Got it.
And you don't think the reverse happens? All these claims of poor overqualified white men losing jobs to under qualified minorities is cute, but lack proof. It's nothing more than whiny people complaining why they got turned down for a job. It's so rough being a white man in the 21st century. Boo ****ing hoo hoo, cry me a river :-P.

Old 01-14-2015, 09:16 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
The funny thing is a certain type of conservative "always" spews this kind of nonsense but they provide zero evidence. I would be curious as to who exactly (by name) was passed over by a minority less qualified. With side by side resumes for proof. The funny thing is that will never happen! Conservative arguments break down once you start digging into specifics...

They really can't because no job is going to disclose why they hired someone over another person.

Old 01-14-2015, 09:18 AM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,767,881 times
Quote:
The left wing now openly shows their hate for white males and legally sanctioned discrimination is now the norm in hiring and promoting. Is it because we're the most successful species in the history of humanity?
Stop stereotyping.
I am liberal and I do not hate white males. And I had never witnessed anything you claimed happening at work place.
And since when white males are the most successful part of species in the history of humanity? In western hemisphere only perhaps? Such an insular view!
If you want to stereotype, I can do the same about you (although I know better that this does not apply for all Republicans): only right-wingers have insular views that white males are the most successful part of the species in the history of humanity. How do you like that?

Old 01-14-2015, 09:19 AM

215 posts, read 182,368 times
]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
And you don't think the reverse happens? All these claims of poor overqualified white men losing jobs to under qualified minorities is cute, but lack proof. It's nothing more than whiny people complaining why they got turned down for a job. It's so rough being a white man in the 21st century. Boo ****ing hoo hoo, cry me a river :-P.
No. I'm talking about the little guy, the poor, lower- and middle-class whites that are screwed over in college entry and for the firefighter and police chief positions for minorities that get the positions for no other reason than they are minority.

There are example after example of that happening more and more in recent years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies