Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 09:57 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptic View Post
So a white male who is passed over for a job, or position, or promotion, or college by a less-qualified minority isn't being by definition violated?

Got it.
Were you unqualified for a job you didn't get, is that what's going on here?

Old 01-14-2015, 09:58 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
No, but I'm sure neither do you either. I can attest that knowing a book version of something =/= you being good at it practically though.
I'm a licensed contractor with two degrees, I can absolutely tell you that knowing the book version of something= being good at it practically.

I don't think you understand quite how the real world works.

Open up your computer, take a look at the hardware architecture and tell me someone with non book smarts designed that.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:02 AM

8,632 posts, read 12,990,645 times
Quote:
Keep telling yourself that
If you're a Black man in America, you can't get away from race. Even when Black men are not experiencing racism, they are constantly reminded everyday about their race from other groups whether it's directly or indirectly. Then some people have a nerve to say race isn't a big deal in America. What a bunch of bull***t!

Old 01-14-2015, 10:03 AM

549 posts, read 456,708 times
Quote:
If they discriminate so freely than why do the majority of white applicants still get in?
Because eventually somebody needs to actually do the job.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:06 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
Quote:
The left wing now openly shows their hate for white males and legally sanctioned discrimination is now the norm in hiring and promoting. Is it because we're the most successful species in the history of humanity?

That's your opinion and not fact.

Next.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:08 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
True. And I feel sorry for those who think they've achieved something great ("We did this!" "We did that!" "We're so wonderful!").

Yeah...the ones whining about it haven't done schit.

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvega View Post
And only white people are capable of doing the job???

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I can see how white males would feel that way.

There are protective laws for about everyone else.
Exactly. If you look at the protective classes, it is alot easier to have white males passed over based on race over say a Black man, an Asian-American man or double minorities like and Indian-American woman. As of 2009 discrimination lawsuits occurred more for white males passed up due to perceived reverse discrimination. Reverse discrimination suits flourish - US news - Life - Race & ethnicity | NBC News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Yes, there are some laws that protect minorities from white males. Thankfully, it was intelligent white males who understand inequality and the need to protect "everyone else" from the majority that strove to assure justice and equality for all - not just white males.
It is discrimination to prevent discrimination. Enough time has gone on that most people would have stopped using race as an overt indicator for hiring and rather go for the best fit.
Quote:
]

No. I'm talking about the little guy, the poor, lower- and middle-class whites that are screwed over in college entry and for the firefighter and police chief positions for minorities that get the positions for no other reason than they are minority.

There are example after example of that happening more and more in recent years.
Even white females are hurt by this. A few years ago a girl named Abigail Fisher sued University of Texas's Austin campus after not allowing her entry based on race claiming that affirmative action was discriminatory to her and the sole reason she wasn't put in due to a law signed by the governor of Texas W. Bush demanding Texas schools to allow 75% of students in the top 10 automatic spots at schools. She was just outside the top 10 and had been passed up by race but by LESSER candidates (someone who didn't have an equal GPA or did not take part in extracurricular and UTA also allowed 8 out 10 minorities no matter school standing.) http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/09/us...anted=all&_r=0 She actually won her lawsuit in the Supreme Court with a 7-to-1 vote after a Louisiana court ruled in favor of UTA. SCOTUS decisions: Court throws out ruling against white woman who sued a university over affirmative action | Daily Mail Online

Old 01-14-2015, 10:10 AM

215 posts, read 182,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvega View Post
Zing!

Old 01-14-2015, 10:12 AM

215 posts, read 182,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post

Even white females are hurt by this. A few years ago a girl named Abigail Fisher sued University of Texas's Austin campus after not allowing her entry based on race claiming that affirmative action was discriminatory to her and the sole reason she wasn't put in due to a law signed by the governor of Texas W. Bush demanding Texas schools to allow 75% of students in the top 10 automatic spots at schools. She was just outside the top 10 and had been passed up by race but by LESSER candidates (someone who didn't have an equal GPA or did not take part in extracurricular and UTA also allowed 8 out 10 minorities no matter school standing.) http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/09/us...anted=all&_r=0 She actually won her lawsuit in the Supreme Court with a 7-to-1 vote after a Louisiana court ruled in favor of UTA. SCOTUS decisions: Court throws out ruling against white woman who sued a university over affirmative action | Daily Mail Online
I'm well aware and familiar with that case and ruling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies