Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2015, 10:56 AM

549 posts, read 456,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
LMAO! The Egyptians were building pyramids when white males were building huts. That civilization lasted 3 thousand years. The Persians, Chinese...each flourishing for centuries while white males worked out the finer points of grunting. Cleopatra got her some, though. Ummm...ummm...good.
This could be a good point... except it's 2015 AD.

Old 01-14-2015, 11:00 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,172,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptic View Post
So a white male who is passed over for a job, or position, or promotion, or college by a less-qualified minority isn't being by definition violated?

Got it.
And you would know you (or they) were the more qualified candidate, how??

Newsflash: There are millions of women and minorities who are smarter than their white male counterparts and better at whatever career or major they're in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvega View Post
Because eventually somebody needs to actually do the job.
Quote:
Zing!

LOL. I'm 25 years old and AA, and guarantee you I'm at a better place in my career than either of you.

And it wasn't because someone felt sorry for the black guy or had to fill quota and handed me the job.

Old 01-14-2015, 11:01 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,526,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvega View Post
This could be a good point... except it's 2015 AD.
Orly?

Read the whole post. That includes what I was responding to: Or did you just miss the last 10,000 years of human history.

Old 01-14-2015, 11:02 AM

31,036 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
You exaggerate ... somewhat. White males are responsible for colonialism, oppression of non-whites and all women, capitalist exploitation of the world's resources... name anything bad and pretty much [heterosexual] white men are responsible for it.
"name anything bad and pretty much [heterosexual] white men are responsible for it"
Really? All the bad things in the world: Murder, rapes, robberies, suicide bombings- White men have the highest numbers in the world?

"White males are responsible for colonialism,"
They are, just them? I guess no other people have ever colonized the world? You give them too much credit. Arab Muslim Colonialism and Enslavement of people around the world and Africa specifically, predates European Colonialism and slavery by almost 1000 years and continues to this day Slavery in Mauritania and by the Boka Haram are just small examples.

"oppression of non-whites and all women"
Theres no other place in the world where either group would be more successful? Non-whites and women in America are amongst the richest people people on the planet? No where else on this planet are non-white people and women so successful? Black Americans have a combined GDP of over 2 trillion dollars. Thats higher than the entire continent of Africa combined or Russia or India. Same with Women (over 2 trillion dollars) in spite of not working nearly the hours of men. Go anywhere else in the world and it would only be worse.

"name anything bad and pretty much [heterosexual] white men are responsible for it"
And why would gays be exempt? Gay white men are some of the wealthiest in America.

Old 01-14-2015, 11:12 AM

19,837 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
And you would know you (or they) were the more qualified candidate, how??

Newsflash: There are millions of women and minorities who are smarter than their white male counterparts and better at whatever career or major they're in.

LOL. I'm 25 years old and AA, and guarantee you I'm at a better place in my career than either of you.

And it wasn't because someone felt sorry for the black guy or had to fill quota and handed me the job.
Ahh, a p!ssing contest.

Old 01-14-2015, 11:13 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Really? All the bad things in the world: Murder, rapes, robberies, suicide bombings- White men have the highest numbers in the world?

"White males are responsible for colonialism,"
They are, just them? I guess no other people have ever colonized the world? You give them too much credit. Arab Muslim Colonialism and Enslavement of people around the world and Africa specifically, predates European Colonialism and slavery by almost 1000 years and continues to this day Slavery in Mauritania and by the Boka Haram are just small examples.

"oppression of non-whites and all women"
Theres no other place in the world where either group would be more successful? Non-whites and women in America are amongst the richest people people on the planet? No where else on this planet are non-white people and women so successful? Black Americans have a combined GDP of over 2 trillion dollars. Thats higher than the entire continent of Africa combined or Russia or India. Same with Women (over 2 trillion dollars) in spite of not working nearly the hours of men. Go anywhere else in the world and it would only be worse.

And why would gays be exempt? Gay white men are some of the wealthiest in America.
What's with all this truth and facts stuff.

Old 01-14-2015, 11:14 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
]

No. I'm talking about the little guy, the poor, lower- and middle-class whites that are screwed over in college entry and for the firefighter and police chief positions for minorities that get the positions for no other reason than they are minority.

There are example after example of that happening more and more in recent years.
I'd love to see examples of that. In New York, which in 2007 was 25 percent black and 27 percent Latino, the fire department was 90 percent white male. What was that about white males getting screwed over for firefighter positions? What was that about all your examples?

And if a white male is smart enough and has good grades, he can get into damn near any college he wants - just as it's always been in America.

Old 01-14-2015, 11:14 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
The left wing now openly shows their hate for white males and legally sanctioned discrimination is now the norm in hiring and promoting. Is it because we're the most successful species in the history of humanity?
there are 46 Democratic Senators , 31 of them are white men.

there are 188 Democrats in the House of Representatives,96 of them are white men

Your premise doesnt even make sense considering more than half of Alabama Democrats in congress are white men.

Old 01-14-2015, 11:15 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
But it's okay for blacks to have pride in their people, or Latinos.

Double standard is strong with this one.
I don't think pride in something that is nothing more than a historical accident is warranted in any case.

Old 01-14-2015, 11:16 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
So, the white man invented a world of items all by himself. Amazing. More like whites invented some, but also capitalized on and improved on some basics that were invented in other parts of the world.

Even with the historic disadvantages of racism and repression, others are credited with many critical and still in use inventions. With many more that were probably stolen. And since most of you klan acchats don't consider many Mediterraneans white, lets add them too:

Category:Jewish inventors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Israel’s top 45 greatest inventions of all time | ISRAEL21c
List of Romanian inventors and discoverers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
List of Indian inventions and discoveries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Iran Heritage
12 Great African Inventions That Changed The World - Politics - Nairaland
Ancient Greek Inventions and their contribution to modern times
Black inventors list
Ancient Chinese Inventions and Discoveries that Shaped the World
Asian Inventions and Inventors
Category:Russian inventions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Plenty more from all over the world.

Please feel free to add to the list...
There are inventors from every walk of life. I'm not going to dispute that fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies