Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 11:08 AM

3,026 posts, read 3,630,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
It would seem that the current administration cannot bring itself to admit that ISIS / ISIL is performing Islamic terrorism.

Outside of the actions performed by this group, what do they think the "I" in the name stands for?

Another lie that the administration keeps repeating in the hopes that those who cannot think for themselves might believe it.

Just what is their problem?
I have not read the rest of comments, so forgive me if this was already posted. ISIS is true Islam...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt51LTLTKm4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJgGOCFr83E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXmUfOCKn9M
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2015, 11:14 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,792,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Islam of the year 2015 is similar to Christianity ... of the year 1000.

In the year 2015, you will find an extraordinary fringe of Christians who will justify killing abortion doctors, and an even smaller fringe who've acted on that. Some believe god punishes the U.S. because of homosexuals or legal abortion. Yet, ...

to the best of my knowledge, there's no international, well-organized and funded Christian groups that based on their interpretation of the bible aim to destroy governments or slaughter those who have different beliefs.

If you are simply countering wild extremism [kill all Muslims] with your own, ok.
I'm countering wild extremism with balanced reason. Okay.

Old 01-15-2015, 11:59 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,532,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I'm countering wild extremism with balanced reason. Okay.
And continuing to go off topic, as is you usual method along with continuing with your lies.

Old 01-15-2015, 12:05 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,759,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
to the best of my knowledge, there's no international, well-organized and funded Christian groups that based on their interpretation of the bible aim to destroy governments or slaughter those who have different beliefs.
Yet, the attitude is written all over it. You speak for Palestinian cause, and you're an anti-semite. Not happening you say? They are doing what you're, similar consequences, different enemy.

BUT, you didn't address the question DC raised: Why so many churches and versions of the Bible?

Old 01-15-2015, 12:07 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,516,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Absolutely. They all believe the same. None of them come out against terrorism. They all believe what ISIS is doing is right.
What a remarkably intelligent assumption.

Old 01-15-2015, 02:57 PM

14,293 posts, read 9,653,703 times
Quote:
Don't most Christians read the Bible? Why do we have so many different versions of the Bible, so many interpretations? Why do people follow some parts of the Bible, but not others? Muslims are no different.
I agree that some people are sociopaths, and will subvert any religion or politics to carry out their own twisted agenda. It just so happens that these sociopaths find Islam a perfect religion to meet this end. The Koran can be quoted to justify murdering anyone who disagrees with them and refuses to submit.

Old 01-15-2015, 03:14 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,792,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
I agree that some people are sociopaths, and will subvert any religion or politics to carry out their own twisted agenda. It just so happens that these sociopaths find Islam a perfect religion to meet this end. The Koran can be quoted to justify murdering anyone who disagrees with them and refuses to submit.
The Bible can be quoted to justify murdering someone, too. In fact, isn't that exactly what abortion clinic bombers do. They justify their actions with quotes from the Bible?

I'm not excusing Islam. I am blessed to live in a secular nation, where we are accustomed to justifying ourselves from a broader spectrum of principles than religious ones. For those who come from theocracies, or whose cultures' only principles stem from religious texts, they will use those religious texts to justify their actions. It's their ONLY frame of reference. And it takes a sociopathic mindset to twist religious texts to justify murder, torture and violence. But it's not the religion that creates the sociopaths. It's the culture.

Every culture has its pluses and its minuses. I, like most Americans, would not do well in a Muslim theocracy, so I tend to see the pluses in American society, and the minuses in the Muslim theocracies. However, I can understand a Muslim being much more aware of the pluses in Muslim theocracies and the minuses in American society.

What intrigues me, and disturbs me, are the young Americans who are converting, and who are so disillusioned with American society that they are willing to wage war against their fellow Americans. Where are the connections and relationships that should prevent that from happening? I'm an introvert by nature, and yet I still feel wholly connected to America and my friends and family. It isn't just personality types that are causing this problem. There are other things going on. And we need to understand them. I think when we get a better understanding on the disconnect happening here in the United States, we can perhaps come up with better strategies for dealing with terrorists in general. Because to commit these acts of terror requires a disconnect, an inability to empathize, and those things can be addressed.

Old 01-15-2015, 03:17 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,482,170 times
Quote:
Don't most Christians read the Bible? Why do we have so many different versions of the Bible, so many interpretations? Why do people follow some parts of the Bible, but not others? Muslims are no different.
What's your guess. Did this involve Christians with a 'different' interpretation of the Bible or Muslims who have a 'different' interpretation of the Quran ? :

"Two suspects died as counter-terror police, in a series of raids, rounded up people they believed were intent on launching terror operations in Belgium, officials said."

Two Dead as Police Raid Terror Suspects in Belgium

Old 01-15-2015, 03:20 PM

33,507 posts, read 18,059,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
IMO, Islam, Christianity, and most other religions all breed extremists that boil to the top.
The big difference is Jesus and the New Testament does not tell Christians to kill people.. The Koran does..

The Quran's Verses of Violence

Old 01-15-2015, 03:21 PM

14,293 posts, read 9,653,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
It would seem that the current administration cannot bring itself to admit that ISIS / ISIL is performing Islamic terrorism.

Outside of the actions performed by this group, what do they think the "I" in the name stands for?

Another lie that the administration keeps repeating in the hopes that those who cannot think for themselves might believe it.

Just what is their problem?
Obama tells us that ISIL is "not Islamic, and not a state" and yet every freaking time this moron refers to them as ISIL. Obama is a moron and his foreign policy is evidence of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies