Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2015, 05:35 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Ok, so you know he did not blame, or even mention Israel, and yet somehow its "unbelievable".

Don't let other people do thinking for you, when you can think on your own.
I know he did not blame? so you can speak for me now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2015, 05:39 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
My thinking skills are just fine. Fortunately I don't rely on my imagination when assessing peoples statements.

I love how the numerous articles attacking Carter don't actually print the question Stewart asked. They just incorrectly paraphrase Stewart's question. This leaves them free to make assertions about Carter blaming Israel for the Paris attacks.
Again, you hee haw and deflect, as you display those keen critical thinking skills. You still haven't bothered to actually answer my questions.

Here is the question:
Stewart asked if the violence the world saw on the streets of Paris was actually fueled by something else other than Islamic extremism.

Carter responded:
“Well, one of the origins for it is the Palestinian problem,and this aggravates people who are affiliated in any way with the Arab people who live in the West Bank and Gaza, what they are doing now — what’s being done to them. So I think that’s part of it.”

It wasn't that Iran and the Saudi's are funding this never ending Shea vs. Sunni infighting. It isn't that the western world has fomented hate for invading their lands. It wasn't the fact that both Shea and Sunni consider anyone not of their belief system, even Muslims, to be infedels to be no better than dogs and murdered... no, it is the Palestinian problem that came to his mind first.

He (Carter) has a very long history of blaming Israel for everything from terrorism to why Obama never calls him!

This interview perplexed Andrea Mitchell
Who's responsible for no WH calls to Carter? The Jews, of course. - Liberty Unyielding

Old 01-15-2015, 05:48 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I know he did not blame? so you can speak for me now? :roll eyes:
Because you were not able to show where be blamed Israel. You quoted someone else words, and said "that's enough for me".

Anything is enough for a person who does not bother to look into things.

Old 01-15-2015, 05:49 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Because you were not able to show where be blamed Israel. You quoted someone else words, and said "that's enough for me".

Anything is enough for a person who does not bother to look into things.
Unbelievable.

Old 01-15-2015, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Again, you hee haw and deflect, as you display those keen critical thinking skills. You still haven't bothered to actually answer my questions.

Here is the question:
Stewart asked if the violence the world saw on the streets of Paris was actually fueled by something else other than Islamic extremism.

Carter responded:
“Well, one of the origins for it is the Palestinian problem,and this aggravates people who are affiliated in any way with the Arab people who live in the West Bank and Gaza, what they are doing now — what’s being done to them. So I think that’s part of it.”

It wasn't that Iran and the Saudi's are funding this never ending Shea vs. Sunni infighting. It isn't that the western world has fomented hate for invading their lands. It wasn't the fact that both Shea and Sunni consider anyone not of their belief system, even Muslims, to be infedels to be no better than dogs and murdered... no, it is the Palestinian problem that came to his mind first.

He (Carter) has a very long history of blaming Israel for everything from terrorism to why Obama never calls him!

This interview perplexed Andrea Mitchell
Who's responsible for no WH calls to Carter? The Jews, of course. - Liberty Unyielding
You are the one assuming Israel is to blame for the Palestinian problem. You are projecting your own thoughts.

Old 01-15-2015, 05:51 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,091,366 times
Oh the ramblings of an old senile man...shouldn't he be in an old person farm (senior home)...

Old 01-15-2015, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Unbelievable.
I can imagine you on jury duty assuming guilt before hearing the evidence:

Prosecutor: "this man is guilty, and I am going to prove it by showing......."

You: "well, that's enough for me"

Old 01-15-2015, 06:00 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
I saw this interview and whatever it is the extremist right wing media cherry picked out to slam Carter with is absurd. That is not at all what Carter said in context.

I swear--the extremist right-wing media does nothing but look for quotes to read craziness into. They need to start looking at their own crazies who are running for office and pick their statements apart. They've become obsessed--contributing nothing productive to the national dialog. And frankly, paranoid extremist right wingers are the only people who care what these nutty "media pundits" have to say.

Old 01-15-2015, 06:04 PM

37,961 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Jimmy Carter blames origins of Charlie Hebdo attack on 'the Palestinian problem' | WashingtonExaminer.com

He appeared on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and laid blame on Israel.
I guess the Jews were responsible for the two French brothers to travel to Yemen, learn how to be terrorists, so they could avenge the Mohamed cartoons.

Old 01-15-2015, 06:09 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Unbelievable.
It really is.

I think they are immune to how they actually sound in print.

notice I posted a half page of what was said, and he refuses to say anythhng more than it's me, and you, making things up. Now we're extremists. Holy crap

I'm done trying to reason with their dysfunctional logic, childish mentality, and absurd parables of jurists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies