Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 03:58 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times

Advertisements

"Black lives matter!!!!!!!!"

(unless it's abortion or black on black crime.)

Old 01-17-2015, 04:04 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,140,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeWine View Post

"Them"? There is no them. There are hundreds of non-blacks who have joined this movement. Sorry to break apart your narrative. It is not past generations baggage when the discrepancies and inequality still exists today. Inequality in education, health care, and housing still exists today.
Do you think these protests are going to win the hearts and souls of those who create jobs? Nope we just need to make that McJob a $15 an hour job.

Do these protestors really think that taken it to the streets for a felon made good is going to do anything for equality?

Where are the protestors when it’s black on black murder? Just crickets is all I hear.

I venture to say no, these people are further cementing themselves to the double standard.

It's past generation's baggage.

Old 01-17-2015, 04:12 PM

1,431 posts, read 912,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
Why do the Hispanics do better than the blacks? When was the last time a black was willing to work as hard as Hispanics in this country. Damn, many aren't even citizens but they work instead of waiting for the next media event.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
Do you think these protests are going to win the hearts and souls of those who create jobs? Nope we just need to make that McJob a $15 an hour job.

Do these protestors really think that taken it to the streets for a felon made good is going to do anything for equality?

Where are the protestors when it’s black on black murder? Just crickets is all I hear.

I venture to say no, these people are further cementing themselves to the double standard.

Apparently you're assuming that the majority of the protesters were black.

Old 01-17-2015, 04:29 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,140,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
Apparently you're assuming that the majority of the protesters were black.

Well don't worry those white guys can still spend the rest of their years in mom's basement waiting for the next Facebook event about a protest. Well until mom gets tired of doing their laundry and they have to get a job. I can't imagine anyone black or white using PTO to go protest on a Friday.

Old 01-17-2015, 05:00 PM

98 posts, read 117,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
If you are angry about events that occurred 50 years ago, 1/2 century, then you have some serious issues. Drop the false outrage and go get some help.
Did I say I was outraged? Like I have told you before, stop applying your prejudice and assumptions onto me. You're only insinuating I "need help" because you can no longer provide a valid argument to contribute to the conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
And there we have it, right to a hatred filled personal attack. You're feeling sorry for the wrong person. The man in the mirror needs your sorrow.
That wasn't a personal attack. That was a read. A read that was apparently correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post

I am sorry. I was unaware that every single last black person in America was attending this protest? I'm not going to keep reiterating the same thing over and over again.

Quote:
The current economic problem that plagues the African American community today is a direct result from our history in this country. Once you look at history with compassion and empathy instead of guilt, callousness, shame you will fully understand why.

Also like I have said before, if you do not understand basic psychology and how history correlates with modern day, then you shouldn't be having this conversation. Nobody is making excuses, it is what it is.

It is not past generations baggage when the discrepancies and inequality still exists today. Inequality in education, health care, and housing still exists today.

Old 01-17-2015, 05:05 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Did I say I was outraged?....
Your opinion of yourself is irrelevant. You demonstrate it in every post.

Old 01-17-2015, 05:11 PM

98 posts, read 117,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Your opinion of yourself is irrelevant. You demonstrate it in every post.
What I demonstrate is my ability to defend myself and my race from constant racism.

Old 01-17-2015, 05:13 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikewine View Post
what i demonstrate is my ability to defend myself and my race from constant racism.
lol!

Old 01-17-2015, 08:17 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,338,482 times
Quote:
The current economic problem that plagues the African American community today is a direct result from our history in this country. Once you look at history with compassion and empathy instead of guilt, callousness, shame you will fully understand why.
Come on, stop being a victim. Anyone can be or do anything they want. It may be hard it may take a lot of diligence and work, but it can be done. I believe there is a lot of things than can be done to prevent poverty one is for kids to stop having kids. I mean I do know it must be hard to get an decent education if you have 3 kids by the time you graduate. That is just one of a lot of problems that plague the black community, and really it's not JUST the black community that is suffering in this economy.

Old 01-17-2015, 10:38 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,938,111 times
Quote:
What people specifically are you referring to? Do you have proof that none of them work? Like absolutely not one of them? Or just some of them? Most of them? 1/3rd I am curious to know.
Any person or group that doesn't do anything, lives off the government, has no job and is useless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies