Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2015, 07:07 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,524,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhand68 View Post
would you like the high school/college/university diversity course explanation or the truth?

i want the truth
you cant handle the truth
:d

Old 01-16-2015, 08:03 PM

240 posts, read 239,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
All the actors and actresses nominated for Oscars are white. Don't black actors and black actresses performances matter?
Wheres the problem, its about good movies , color has nothing to do with it. Selma is nominated for Best Picture HELLO

Old 01-16-2015, 08:05 PM

98 posts, read 117,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I said this, but I assume you really didn't read what I wrote.

For the record, I don't have a cable/sat subscription but if I did, I wouldn't waste my time watching the likes of Fox News, and for that matter MSNBC, CNN, etc etc. There is no difference between these networks. They only serve to get people like you worked up over nothing.
Really? Because it seems like you are bent on putting black people into one big ol' stereotype box. You've already insinuated many things about me on the sole basis that you believe I am black and I've challenged your opinions. Trust me I am calm and watch fox for a good laugh.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:51 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,155,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
The only people actually bothered by this are insecure white people.

Has a single black person publically come out to voice their displeasure about the nominations? Or is this just the media's work?

Old 01-16-2015, 10:03 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post

Has a single black person publically come out to voice their displeasure about the nominations? Or is this just the media's work?
I'm actually saying it's media work and insecure white people are the only ones who "might" think this is a problem. It's not. To nobody. Sharpton doesn't count because he never does.

Old 01-17-2015, 04:24 AM

7,132 posts, read 9,133,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
What is being whitewashed?
Basically, losing your culture and identity and conforming with European culture and standards. Asian Americans are already losing their identities and culture that's very rich. Hell, Asian females prefer white males over Asian males lol.

Black Americans might have a sort of woe is me type culture going on at the moment, but they still have a rich culture and history that they've built in this country. Shame if that was lost just to conform to white American standards and culture. I do agree that the crime rates and gang culture needs to be gone though.

Old 01-17-2015, 06:11 AM

37,800 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Who cares? Are they (Oscar nominators) voting for the performance or the person?

Old 01-17-2015, 09:45 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Default No longer assumed to be acceptable

Hollywood as always been incredibly biased, and this seems to have gotten much worse over the last decade. I don't watch much TV, but when I do, it seems like we're living in a time where black people don't exist. Maybe 97+% of the shows, commercials, movie previews feature white people. The awards shows may occasionally honor one or two blacks, but this is the exception, not the rule. Certainly, there are a multitude of supremely talented people of color, including black people, who deserve to be honored far more frequently, and featured far more prominently than what is being demonstrated today. The country and Hollywood, is regressing in this regard.

Reminds of an SNL skit awhile back featuring a guy doing a great impression of Jesse Jackson, who expressed the same concern. Enough of this nonsense. It is not OK when something is comprised ONLY of whites. When it occurs, it is questioned as it should be. Given our multicultural demographics and the millions of supremely qualified, talented, and gifted people of color, this practice of exclusion gets far more scrutiny than ever before, since more likely than not, racism has been employed by APPEARING to be color-blind, yet behaving in a discriminatory manner.

The SNL skit
https://screen.yahoo.com/snl/weekend...000000967.html

Old 01-17-2015, 10:09 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,386,383 times
Default Academy Responds to Oscar Backlash (Vows to Make it More "Diverse")

Quote:
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Responding for the first time to the firestorm of criticism over the lack of diversity in this year's Oscar nominations, film academy president Cheryl Boone Isaacs says the all-white acting slate inspires her to accelerate the academy's push to be more inclusive. She also hopes the film industry as a whole will continue to strive for greater diversity.
The comments are great. People are finally coming around to the idea that "diversity" has just gone too far.

Academy president responds to Oscar firestorm - AOL.com

Old 01-17-2015, 10:10 AM

1,994 posts, read 1,520,300 times
Basketball teams are comprised of mostly blacks. And?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies