Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 07:52 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by siameseifyoupls View Post
Any Muslim worth his salt will tell you that he doesn't worship the same God as Christianity. I agree with him.
He worships the God of Abraham. All three religions do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2015, 07:55 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
I agree with the decision. No religion should be announced over the heads of everyone. It is part of their desire to dominate both the intellectual discussion and to make everyone aware of their power. Since ears don't have doors that you should knock on we have to protect the mind from this kind of bs.

Old 01-19-2015, 07:56 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
And the fact IS that Islam, Christianity and Judaism are all founded on the beliefs of Abraham, and all three worship the same God.
Actually the Suni call to prayer, what this topic is about says.
There is no God but Allah.
Believe me when I tell you that Christians don't see Allah as God.

Old 01-19-2015, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
Bad or good is meaningless in this context. Bottom line, either an individual chooses to believes in Jesus' words or they don't but simply acknowledging him while not believing his words is a waste of their time. I used no emotion cons nor LOL, so baffled as to how you presume I gleefully proclaimed anything. I gave you the word that Jesus said. The vast majority along with yourself don't have to go to hell. If you do, it will be by choice.

When the gospel has been presented to you, you choose to either believe or to continue in unbelief. Further, one always has the option of not simply accepting at face value one messenger's word but can go in depth by studying the New Testament for themselves. The Bible says to study to show thyself approved unto God; A workman that needed not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. As long as the blood is still running warm in your veins, you have time to repent and believe.
This is just as awful as the muslim call to prayer imho. Loud, obnoxious, and spoiled.

Old 01-19-2015, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Don't listen to the words, listen to the melody of the prayer. Do you listen and understand every word in popular music? Or, do you listen to the melody and beat?

I did not understand a Latin mass, but it did not prevent me from appreciating the tone and melody of the words.

Much a do about nothing Joe. Prayer is much like poetry.
However in this case it was a desire to broadcast over the large PA system which was heard by everyone. I have not been in a Muslim country but when I have heard it it sounds more like a demand than a prayer.

Old 01-19-2015, 10:32 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Never heard of him and I went to catholic schools for 12 years.
How could a Catholic not know the story of Abraham, Sarah & Hagar? Were you cutting class? I attended Mormon studies as a child, the backdoor was too convenient.

Old 01-19-2015, 10:36 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
You are the one making FALSE statements. No one said Christianity is the same religion as Islam. I repeat NO ONE SAID CHRISTIANITY IS THE SAME RELIGION AS ISLAM. So when you claim that, you are lying.

However, the word Allah is just a foreign word for God. Exactly like the word Dieu is a foreign word for God.

And the fact IS that Islam, Christianity and Judaism are all founded on the beliefs of Abraham, and all three worship the same God.
Some believe Islam is a made up religion by pagans in those days. Never really connected at all, just as made up as the Palestinians......ah, the world of religion!

Old 01-19-2015, 11:31 AM

276 posts, read 330,432 times
Quote:
He worships the God of Abraham. All three religions do.
Except that Allah the moon god demands heads to be cut off and other barbaric acts

Old 01-19-2015, 11:33 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Valentino- View Post
Except that Allah the moon god demands heads to be cut off and other barbaric acts
Yeah, YHWH sure never believed in brutal acts against unbelievers.

Old 01-19-2015, 11:40 AM

276 posts, read 330,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Yeah, YHWH sure never believed in brutal acts against unbelievers.
Show me where Jesus did that? No you can't. No, Hebrew Bible (Jewish law and scriptures) are irrelevant to Christianity.

Jesus: "I died for you".
Muhammad/Allah: "You kill and die for me".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies