Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 06:27 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,866,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
You noticed that too. Gun shops were only a very small segment of the targeted businesses and the targeting is not as Orwellian as those addressing it would have you believe. It's more of a matter of placing these types of businesses under increased scrutiny rather than an all out assault on gun stores.
That's the beauty in it that you are apparently too naive to see, or that you're just too stubborn to admit, one or the other.

The gov. can "increase scrutiny" on businesses that it doesn't like to the point that these businesses are just too risky of a proposition for the banks to deal with. All the while, the government keeps it's hands clean by claiming the banks made the decisions to cut ties with these businesses on their own.

It's really a pretty clever little strategy on Holder's part if I do say so myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2015, 06:35 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,078,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
That's the beauty in it that you are apparently too naive to see, or that you're just too stubborn to admit, one or the other.

The gov. can "increase scrutiny" on businesses that it doesn't like to the point that these businesses are just too risky of a proposition for the banks to deal with. All the while, the government keeps it's hands clean by claiming the banks made the decisions to cut ties with these businesses on their own.

It's really a pretty clever little strategy on Holder's part if I do say so myself.
You are right, they have shut down businesses without due process simply because the dislike the industry. If these businesses were truly fraudulent, they wouldn't need banks, they would use courts.
Our gov has become the moral authority and enforcer over its citizens. Is that not tyranny?

Old 01-17-2015, 07:01 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,085,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
My concern is that this is just the beginning. Knowing how anti gun this administration is, it wouldn't surprise me, given that gun control bills failed in congress.
I resent that guns that are protected by our constitution, are lumped together with many illicit businesses.
And I agree that we should not be targeting any of these businesses. They don't need a target list to go after fraud. And they sure shouldn't be using banks.
It sounds like you are reading too much into this to feed this anti-gun narrative that you tried to create with this thread. This looks like it more of a pawn shop issue and how pawn shops have been used for fraudulent things.

Old 01-17-2015, 07:09 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,509,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
That is because [expanding gun rights] was included in a different bill that obama wanted.

The only thing keeping obama from further infringing on the 2nd amendment was a pro gun congress.
You realize how ridiculous this is? Further infringing on his expansion of gun rights? LMAO.

Old 01-17-2015, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I am just as upset at the attack on other lawful business as I am the attack on gun stores.

The governemnt shouldn't be in the business of legislating morality.
It's about fraud, not morality.

Old 01-17-2015, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
They would do better getting all the money legislators and IRS employees owed the government in back taxes and interest. Maybe send them a collection of Tom Coburn's books on waste as a place to start.
Maybe so. Send them a collection and get back to me.

Old 01-17-2015, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
You realize how ridiculous this is? Further infringing on his expansion of gun rights? LMAO.
We all know what a pro gun guy Obama is. Sheeeez.
Remember the public scolding he gave to congress after the gun control bill was defeated?
Then he proceeded to issue 22 executive orders.

Old 01-17-2015, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
It's about fraud, not morality.
Fraud is fought through the justce system. Not through banks.
The businesses that thus far have been put out of business were not charged with fraud.

Old 01-17-2015, 07:15 PM

Quote:
My concern is that this is just the beginning. Knowing how anti gun this administration is, it wouldn't surprise me, given that gun control bills failed in congress.
I resent that guns that are protected by our constitution, are lumped together with many illicit businesses.
And I agree that we should not be targeting any of these businesses. They don't need a target list to go after fraud. And they sure shouldn't be using banks.
Guns aren't being lumped together with anything. Crooked gun dealers are. Why would you resent that?

Old 01-17-2015, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Fraud is fought through the justce system. Not through banks.
Is everyone bored tonight, or what? The first three letters of your OP are DOJ. Troll on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies