Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 09:42 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
So let me get this straight. It's perfectly cool for all the anti-gun people to post a new thread every time some random idiot does something idiotic that involves a firearm, and it's perfectly cool for them to rail against guns and those that own them, and call regular, responsible gun owners criminals, fetishists, etc., but a gun owner isn't allowed to start an opposing thread without being called "paranoid"?

WTF are you smoking?
I never said it wasn't ok to do so, I just explained why you do it, to the best of my ability.
As far as I'm concerned, go ahead and start any thread you want concerning guns, laws and what many may consider paranoid delusions. I don't care. Most of them I wont respond to anyway as I consider it feeding trolls.(Shrug)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2015, 02:14 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I never said it wasn't ok to do so, I just explained why you do it, to the best of my ability.
As far as I'm concerned, go ahead and start any thread you want concerning guns, laws and what many may consider paranoid delusions. I don't care. Most of them I wont respond to anyway as I consider it feeding trolls.(Shrug)
Sadly, a whole lot of wingnut gunowners are both paranoid and ignorant. Take for example the whole "The whole Homeland Security is buying up all the ammo" garbage. It never happened - period. Panicking private gun owners caused the ammo shortage. It had little or nothing to do with Homeland Security. Even the ammo makers and the NRA admit that now (they even admitted it AT THE TIME - but few of those wingnuts were informed enough to even know that - either that or they simply didn't CARE what the actual facts were). Many of those idiots STILL think that Homeland Security caused the ammo shortage - even AFTER it's been thoroughly debunked by the NRA itself.

Ken

Old 01-19-2015, 02:23 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Your "ability" is sorely lacking. Either that, or you're missing some fundamental thinking skills.

And what am I doing, exactly, anyway? All I did was point out your rather glaring set of double standards.

Quote:
there is a cadre of posters on the P&OC Forum whose mission is to keep the gun rights debate front and center, on page one, near the top, at all times.
You've concocted your own little conspiracy theory. How cute.

Old 01-19-2015, 02:44 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,767 times
Quote:

The reason for the focus on guns by the usual suspects is the fact that there is a cadre of posters on the P&OC Forum whose mission is to keep the gun rights debate front and center, on page one, near the top, at all times.
This theory makes no sense. Wouldn't pro gun people want to make the debate go away? There is nothing to gain by keeping gun control in the headlines or on the forums. It would make way more sense to try to squash any debate and make gun control go away.
If it were never brought up by the anti gun crowd, there would be no issue whatsoever.

Old 01-19-2015, 05:32 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Yep, running a business without laundering money is an incredible burden. What on earth are you talking about? That there may have been collateral damage does not support your assertions.
Of course it does......

Businesses that have spotless records and that have had longstanding relationships with their banks are now being told those relationships will be coming to an end soon. Not because they did anything wrong, but because of Operation Choke-Point, the risk to the banks is just too great. Is that not a problem in your eyes?

Keep burrying your head in the sand though......

Old 01-19-2015, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Guys, the IRS fraudulently harassed non-profits and ADMITTED that they were in the wrong, and these folks still parrot the president's "fake scandal" crap. Do you really think that they're going to understand and admit what's going on here? Just look at the other poster in the thread hailing from Nevada. The excuses are getting just plain stupid now. "Nah nah nah I can't hear you nah nah nah" is basically what I'm getting. It's obvious and stupid.
Right.......

At best these people are just naive and refuse to believe government can do any wrong, at worst, they're complicit in the deception. It involves the business of guns, and they are anti-gun, so they're willing to look the other way....

Old 01-19-2015, 05:37 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
Not for nothing here, but couldn't they have made this effort for a more meaningful reason, like student loans or something?

Old 01-19-2015, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
This theory makes no sense. Wouldn't pro gun people want to make the debate go away? There is nothing to gain by keeping gun control in the headlines or on the forums. It would make way more sense to try to squash any debate and make gun control go away.
If it were never brought up by the anti gun crowd, there would be no issue whatsoever.
Meh..... I see what you're saying, but at the same time I tend to disagree.... See, as more and more people get educated and gain knowledge on guns and the politics surrounding them, i.e. as more people are exposed to the truth, that's bad for the anti-gun "movement".....
This is clearly demonstrated in the recent polling out of pew research. After Sandy hook, a majority wanted more gun control. Since then, we've been having a "national conversation" about guns and polling shows a trend toward protecting gun rights over implementing more controls.

This could be seen in the 2014 mid-terms as well. There were plenty of candidates running on a pro-gun agenda and they didn't try to hide it, and there were candidates running on an anti-gun agenda too, but those candidates tried to keep that fact quiet, doing everything they could to distance themselves from from their ties to Obama and big money donors like anti-gun Bloomberg. One went so far as to imply he was actually NRA endorsed on a campaign mailer until the NRA threatened legal action....

LOL...... The tables have turned. It's the anti-gunners on the run now, and they are the ones who need to "keep it quiet" and shut down the conversation.

Old 01-19-2015, 06:00 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Meh..... I see what you're saying, but at the same time I tend to disagree.... See, as more and more people get educated and gain knowledge on guns and the politics surrounding them, i.e. as more people are exposed to the truth, that's bad for the anti-gun "movement".....
This is clearly demonstrated in the recent polling out of pew research. After Sandy hook, a majority wanted more gun control. Since then, we've been having a "national conversation" about guns and polling shows a trend toward protecting gun rights over implementing more controls.

This could be seen in the 2014 mid-terms as well. There were plenty of candidates running on a pro-gun agenda and they didn't try to hide it, and there were candidates running on an anti-gun agenda too, but those candidates tried to keep that fact quiet, doing everything they could to distance themselves from from their ties to Obama and big money donors like anti-gun Bloomberg. One went so far as to imply he was actually NRA endorsed on a campaign mailer until the NRA threatened legal action....

LOL...... The tables have turned. It's the anti-gunners on the run now, and they are the ones who need to "keep it quiet" and shut down the conversation.
So what is the reason for this ridiculous thread along with all the others if the victories are so lopsided, seems like a lack of confidence.

On the run LOL

Old 01-19-2015, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So what is the reason for this ridiculous thread along with all the others if the victories are so lopsided, seems like a lack of confidence.
Oh, I don't know....I'd imagine it's to discuss a topic that is political or otherwise controversial in some respect, and then to ganrer varrying opinions on the issue and then debate those opinions, much like every other thread in this forum.....

Keeping deception and corruption front and center is never a good thing for the offending deceptors if they intend to continue on decieving..... Knowledge is a powerful tool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies