Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 08:45 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,967,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Meh, sociopaths. "Look at me screwing with this guy, am I cool or what?" is not as rare as one could have hoped for.
Nope. Not rare at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2015, 08:47 PM

39,218 posts, read 27,586,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I honestly dont know anyone who uses Yelp.
I do.

Old 01-17-2015, 08:54 PM

139 posts, read 250,625 times
Quote:
You must not eat out much. Searching for restaurants would be such a pain in the a$$ without it.

When I want to eat out late, I can pull up all of the restaurants that are still open. That way I don't have to go pull up their websites one at a time to check their hours.

Plus I can look at pictures of the restaurants to see if it's the kind of place that I want to go to.

Old 01-17-2015, 10:51 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 19 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,533,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_more_handouts View Post
You must not eat out much. Searching for restaurants would be such a pain in the a$$ without it.

When I want to eat out late, I can pull up all of the restaurants that are still open. That way I don't have to go pull up their websites one at a time to check their hours.

Plus I can look at pictures of the restaurants to see if it's the kind of place that I want to go to.
Whether I eat out or not has nothing to do with the fact that i dont know anyone who uses that website/service

But when i do go out to eat, and i have never been to the place, i just use Google Now( i have a Moto X)

Also, how did you search of Restaurants before Yelp ?????

Old 01-17-2015, 10:57 PM

443 posts, read 954,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
There's two explanations:

1. The poster thought the pizza guy was dead wrong and wanted to teach him a lesson.
2. The poster thought the people who heckled the pizza guy were wrong.

Until or unless that person comes forward, we'll never know which is true.

It was originally upload by Frank Correiro who works at the car lot. Frank later claimed it had been stolen, but that's obviously a lie as it was on his personal account and posted directly from within his cam's software.

It's fairly obvious that it was Frank himself, and that he was performing a CYO move.

So, he thought it was funny, others tended to disagree.

Sad thing is, the owner stepping forward and taking responsibility could have alleviated the escalation. Instead, they tried to excuse themselves and lie. This just acerbated the situation. The internet has a short attention span, they kept bringing negative attention back to themselves.

Old 01-18-2015, 10:27 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,391,753 times
They acted like classless jerks and got what they deserved with the negative backlash. Not sure what more there is to the story than that.

Old 01-18-2015, 12:15 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,969,651 times
Quote:
What is Yelp?

Old 01-18-2015, 12:24 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 19 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,533,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
What is Yelp?
a customer based rating system for restaurants

Old 01-18-2015, 01:37 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,972,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
What is Yelp?
Wouldn't it be awesome if we could find a way to connect people to some sort of interconnected network with search engines that could help them find that sort of stuff out?

Old 01-18-2015, 02:56 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,481,679 times
Haaar! Used car salespeople not seeing the oxymoronic contradiction in talking down to a Pizza delivery guy. Like they actually believed they held the class distinction high ground in that little exchange. Cripes!

Catch the act of the clown with the raggedy azz, bridge-troll hair cut being condescending to the Pizza guy asking a perfectly logical question. The actions of the girl with the 'Annie Hall' hat speak for themselves.

We're all supposed to believe a used car staff didn't count the money they'd collected to pay for the pizza before handing it over to the delivery guy? Riiigggghhhht....LOL.

Last edited by BruSan; 01-18-2015 at 03:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies