Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 09:11 AM

39,218 posts, read 27,586,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
In my post alone I said Mexico and other countries. But the fact remains that most illegal aliens are from Mexico and no it does not make one an anti-Mexican racist, bigot to point that fact out. You are correct also that 40% of illegal aliens are visa over stayers and they are from many different countries. They all need to go back home where they belong.
Yes. I agree.

My post was directed at the posters who always used Mexico as an example to attack anti-illegal Americans.
Matter of fact, illegal immigrants is a much bigger problem that is not limited to the Hispanic community at all.

John Carter claim that 40 percent of nation's illegal residents came by plane and overstayed visas draws on 2006 estimate

http://www.politifact.com/texas/stat...illegal-resid/

If this is the case, then the argument of "we should help the poor Mexican farmers" is entirely irrelevant.

Old 01-18-2015, 09:18 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,294,472 times
Quote:
Only 3% of illegal aliens are picking crops. The other 97% are doing jobs that Americans have always done for a fair wage. As for picking crops there are unlimited H2-A visas for legal, foreign workers so you were saying? We have no category to migrate here for economic reasons and rightly so. The only ones benefiting from illegal labor are the greedy employers who hire them and they pass their social costs on to we the taxpayer. There is no justification for illegal immigration even though you seem to think so. We have immigration laws. Don't like it, tough! They are in place for good reasons.
Where is your statistic from?

Old 01-18-2015, 09:52 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,441,359 times
We don't let enough immigrants in here legally, and it's easier for the executive branch to relax enforcement than to get any sort of beneficial change through Congress.

Old 01-18-2015, 10:41 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,898,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
We don't let enough immigrants in here legally, and it's easier for the executive branch to relax enforcement than to get any sort of beneficial change through Congress.
Uh; not in THIS recession. Hell; the US needs to tighten down on ALL immigration, not just illegal aliens, we def DON'T need their kind.

Old 01-18-2015, 11:31 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,717,658 times
Most people realize that no Congress/ President is going to round up and deport millions of people. Romney advocated for self deportation, the outcome of being unable to secure employment and public benefits.

To achieve this, it would be necessary to seriously crack down on the employment of undocumented workers.
Given the majority of states have declined to make biometric ID the law, it seems to me most states have no interest in eliminating the root cause of illegal immigration.

It would also mean a potential change to the Constitution relative to birth rights going forward as well as massive changes to disallow public benefits for children born elsewhere, residing in the U.S. , as well as well as children born in the US of undocumented parentage. it would mean denying medical care as well as public education and welfare benefits to children of undocumented residents.

Illegal immigration became a tidal wave in the 80's and peaked with the Houding bubble. It has not mattered who sat the oval or held the majority in Congress. Three decades of " doing nothing" was amnesty by default.

Old 01-18-2015, 11:59 AM

25,841 posts, read 16,519,439 times
There are people in this country who believe there should be no border at all between the US and Mexico. Nancy Pelosi would give the entire Southwest back to Mexico if she could.

I don't know who is right, but I know what we are doing these days is not working.

I think maybe we should be spending money lobbying in Mexico to make people's lives better there so they don't have to come here out of desperation.

Or just outright invade Mexico and let the people vote if they want statehood or a new government to replace the corrupt, cartel controlled government that is oppressing them.

To me, Mexico is a huge national security problem for the US.

Old 01-18-2015, 12:01 PM

25,841 posts, read 16,519,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Most people realize that no Congress/ President is going to round up and deport millions of people. Romney advocated for self deportation, the outcome of being unable to secure employment and public benefits.

To achieve this, it would be necessary to seriously crack down on the employment of undocumented workers.
Given the majority of states have declined to make biometric ID the law, it seems to me most states have no interest in eliminating the root cause of illegal immigration.

It would also mean a potential change to the Constitution relative to birth rights going forward as well as massive changes to disallow public benefits for children born elsewhere, residing in the U.S. , as well as well as children born in the US of undocumented parentage. it would mean denying medical care as well as public education and welfare benefits to children of undocumented residents.

Illegal immigration became a tidal wave in the 80's and peaked with the Houding bubble. It has not mattered who sat the oval or held the majority in Congress. Three decades of " doing nothing" was amnesty by default.
I don't often agree with you, but this is a great post and right on the money. Don't blame the immigrants for the problem, because Americans are the cause of the entire thing.

Old 01-18-2015, 12:27 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,524,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; not in THIS recession. Hell; the US needs to tighten down on ALL immigration, not just illegal aliens, we def DON'T need their kind.
Their kind? At least you're honest.

Old 01-18-2015, 01:22 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,890,425 times
Quote:
In my post alone I said Mexico and other countries. But the fact remains that most illegal aliens are from Mexico and no it does not make one an anti-Mexican racist, bigot to point that fact out. You are correct also that 40% of illegal aliens are visa over stayers and they are from many different countries. They all need to go back home where they belong.
I for one am tired of this idea that if we oppose illegals we are racist. I oppose all illegal immigration, I don't care if the person is Mexican or Swedish (though which one is common and which one isn't?). I oppose having to learn another language to cater to a group that is here illegally (I do speak Spanish by why should I?). I oppose having my tax dollars go to pay for welfare for a group that is here illegally or for that matter here legally but has been a parasite. I oppose bringing people in illegally or legally to do a job an American can do just to save money. I don't care what country someone is from. Incidentally years ago I met this Russian couple who never worked here and immigrated in their 60's and guess what? they received all these welfare programs. That annoyed me because I know suffering people who got rejected for various programs while this Russian couple got things they never worked for.

Old 01-18-2015, 01:29 PM

39,218 posts, read 27,586,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I for one am tired of this idea that if we oppose illegals we are racist. I oppose all illegal immigration, I don't care if the person is Mexican or Swedish (though which one is common and which one isn't?). I oppose having to learn another language to cater to a group that is here illegally (I do speak Spanish by why should I?). I oppose having my tax dollars go to pay for welfare for a group that is here illegally or for that matter here legally but has been a parasite. I oppose bringing people in illegally or legally to do a job an American can do just to save money. I don't care what country someone is from. Incidentally years ago I met this Russian couple who never worked here and immigrated in their 60's and guess what? they received all these welfare programs. That annoyed me because I know suffering people who got rejected for various programs while this Russian couple got things they never worked for.
Indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies