Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is he a hypocrite?
YES - He's nothing but a hypocrite! 18 85.71%
NO - His comparisons are justified! 1 4.76%
Neither - He's only saying what he's told to say! 0 0%
Other - Please define why 2 9.52%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 07:34 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,699,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I think mainly that Matthews is just not very bright. He's an example of one of those people who managed to work their way into a position of prominence and got in over their heads.

But he is an entertainer. He doesn't have to be bright.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2015, 07:36 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,509,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Is Chris Matthews simply an unabashed hypocrite, or something else?
He's not an elected or appointed public official, he's a talking TV head. Why are you all hot and bothered about him?
Sometimes I think he's fun to watch, other times not so much so I change the channel.

Old 01-18-2015, 08:37 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,770,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Well, he does have to attract an audience, so sometimes bombast sells.

But he makes a good point.....wouldn't it be great for this country to move forward in a logical and humane manner?
I agree; what he said makes sense. However, note that he said, "WE republicans and THOSE Democrats" turning what could have been a fine nonpartisan statement into a charged partisan insinuation. The problem is that it rings hollow and condescending when he has used the comparisons so many times himself. It's rather shameless to charge the right with the very thing he is guilty of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
He's not an elected or appointed public official, he's a talking TV head. Why are you all hot and bothered about him?
Sometimes I think he's fun to watch, other times not so much so I change the channel.
I made no effort to sway anyone. My question was posed out of curiosity, not because I'm hot or bothered. I only wanted to hear other opinions, and it seems to have ruffled some feathers. I'd ask why it has made others so hot and bothered?

I asked the question for the simple reason of hearing the answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Is he still on? I used to watch a little MSNBC just to get a little craziness factor but even that got old. It seems the only guy still standing is Bill Oreilly.
He's the #1 draw on MSNBC, with just under a million viewers.

Last edited by steven_h; 01-18-2015 at 08:51 AM..

Old 01-18-2015, 09:19 PM

22,635 posts, read 24,503,917 times
Quote:
I agree; what he said makes sense. However, note that he said, "WE republicans and THOSE Democrats" turning what could have been a fine nonpartisan statement into a charged partisan insinuation. The problem is that it rings hollow and condescending when he has used the comparisons so many times himself. It's rather shameless to charge the right with the very thing he is guilty of.

I made no effort to sway anyone. My question was posed out of curiosity, not because I'm hot or bothered. I only wanted to hear other opinions, and it seems to have ruffled some feathers. I'd ask why it has made others so hot and bothered?

I asked the question for the simple reason of hearing the answers.

He's the #1 draw on MSNBC, with just under a million viewers.

The hard part about making truly beneficial changes to a country....is getting the two side to AGREE on what is truly beneficial.

The fear of ticking-off people who vote for you, who watch you on TV/RADIO/INTERNET....is a HUGE factor in how some people behave. Kinda like so-called reality tv........people have a camera on them, so they behave in ways that they otherwise would not.

Old 01-19-2015, 03:52 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,441,895 times
Quote:
Chris Matthews Hates Hitler Comparisons

Matthews fumed, "Wouldn't it be good for the country if politicians drop the whole Hitler thing and returned to saying, 'Well, we Republicans and those Democrats just have an honest disagreement on some big stuff?'" He railed at Weber: "Is this something in your brain that has you comparing our twice elected American leader with Der Fuhrer, whose aggression in Europe caused the world 50 million lives?" Hypocrite Chris Matthews Hates Hitler Comparisons, But Made Them Himself | Media Research Center

Yet...

Chris Matthews: Ted Cruz ‘Fits In Tradition’ With Nazi Sympathizer Father Coughlin

June 12th, 2013: MSNBC host Chris Matthews railed against Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX). Matthews said that Cruz “fits in the tradition” of reviled historical figures like notorious Nazi sympathizer and radio host Father Coughlin and 1950s-era anti-communist Sen. Joe McCarthy

Chris Matthews compares gun rights supporters to Nazis

March 29, 2013: On Thursday, MSNBC's Chris Matthews compared supporters of the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms to Nazis while flubbing a reference to the classic movie "Casablanca,"

MSNBC's Chris Matthews links unhappy conservatives to Hitler

November 27, 2012: On Monday, MSNBC's Chris Matthews linked conservatives unhappy with the results of the 2012 election to Hitler and the 1936 Olympics
MSNBC's Chris Matthews links unhappy conservatives to Hitler - National Elections | Examiner.com

Is Chris Matthews simply an unabashed hypocrite, or something else?

Godwin's law maybe? GL applies especially to inappropriate, inordinate, or hyperbolic comparisons of other situations (or one's opponent) with Nazis
hitler came into power as the candidate of 'hope and change',, his plans slowly moved from being helpful to dreadful..........

simple things like 'nationalizing' corporations, removing the guns from the people,,blame the jews (or the modern version 'the zionists'),,duty of the state(government) to PROVIDE for the people,,division of profits (redistribution of wealth), nationalized health care, ,......,,, DO THESE SOUND FAMILIAR, YES THEY ARE THE TALKING POINTS OF THE DNC AND MOVEON.ORG...............THEY ARE ALSO PART OF HITLERS 25 POINTS of nazism

Old 01-19-2015, 06:53 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,070,852 times
I remember on the day of the Boston Marathon bombing, within hours of the bombing Matthews was saying that it had all the indications of a right wing extremist group. He seemed almost gleeful at the possibilty. And then seemed disapointed when it turned out to be the work of muslim terrorists. Before that I had always liked Matthews pretty well. He had always seemed sensible and fair minded. A Tip O'neil democrat. But somewhere along the line he seems to have taken a hard turn to the left.

Old 02-03-2015, 03:43 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,070,852 times
Dig this. A correction on the op-ed page of today's Washington Post: "Chris Matthews's Feb. 1 op-ed, 'The Democrats need Philly,' incorrectly described the sentence that begins, 'We hold these truths to be self-evident...,' as the 'opening words' of the Declaration of Independance. It is the second sentence of the Declaration." What a maroon.

Old 02-03-2015, 03:50 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,703,095 times
He is and always has been a Democratic and is paid operative which is now he got the television show. He in fact has never hid that fact. But he has turned like many Democrats on Obama since last election results. Worm turn all the time.

Old 02-03-2015, 03:51 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,416,872 times
Chris Matthews either has a shtick or is not that bright. He says a lot of things that are captain obvious level and makes poor comparisons without thinking things through in advance. He also tends to go along with whatever he thinks is popular at the time in a fascination w the new object sort of way. If you remember back to the 1990s he loved Newt, Delay and the GOP congress when they were the new cool thing and then when Obama came around and was new and cool he went full on the other way.

Old 02-03-2015, 04:00 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,770,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
hitler came into power as the candidate of 'hope and change',, his plans slowly moved from being helpful to dreadful..........

simple things like 'nationalizing' corporations, removing the guns from the people,,blame the jews (or the modern version 'the zionists'),,duty of the state(government) to PROVIDE for the people,,division of profits (redistribution of wealth), nationalized health care, ,......,,, DO THESE SOUND FAMILIAR, YES THEY ARE THE TALKING POINTS OF THE DNC AND MOVEON.ORG...............THEY ARE ALSO PART OF HITLERS 25 POINTS of nazism
I just learned that Soros, the man behind moveon.org, is pouring millions into the North American Union push of the globalists.

On top of that, CNN was screaming "conspiracy theory!" before Soros openly stated he was pushing it, only to turn around and praise it.
Just a few years ago, it was all a baseless “conspiracy theory.” Now, promotion of a European Union-style merger between the United States, Mexico, and Canada is being shouted from the rooftops — by U.S. taxpayer-funded globalists writing in the very same media outlet, CNN, that tried to ridicule GOP presidential hopeful Ron Paul over the North American Union issue just a few years ago. Indeed, according to the recent opinion piece by two mid-level operatives for the “New America Foundation,” the future of the United States does not rest with the U.S. Constitution, “We the People,” or even the Supreme Court. Instead, it “lies in North America,” claimed New America’s Andrés Martinez and Daniel Kurtz-Phelan.

Why we need a North American Passport - CNN.com

“This is not a geographic truism, but a strategic imperative,” the duo argued. “The United States, Canada and Mexico are bound by a shared economic, environmental, demographic and cultural destiny.”

After Crying

With all the problems the EU has been having, why are they pushing for us to do the same thing? NAFTA has been an abject failure!

Not only are they unabashed hypocrites, but helping to destroy our sovereignty as a nation. THIS is how they'll begin dismantling our constitution, and making our borders wide open.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies