Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is he a hypocrite?
YES - He's nothing but a hypocrite! 18 85.71%
NO - His comparisons are justified! 1 4.76%
Neither - He's only saying what he's told to say! 0 0%
Other - Please define why 2 9.52%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 04:41 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,267,873 times

Advertisements

he still has a show?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2015, 04:43 PM

46,260 posts, read 27,078,580 times
chris matthews is a great person for the dem party....

He shows the true spirit, of many on the left.....

Old 02-04-2015, 05:45 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,525,338 times
Default Is Chris Matthews an Unabashed Hypocrite, or?

No!

He's a real neat Cinderella story.

Four catches in the superbowl, one for a TD. And in August, he was working at Footlocker.

Super Bowl 2015: How Seattle's Chris Matthews Went From Working at Foot Locker to Playing in the Big Game - ABC News

Old 02-04-2015, 05:54 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,849,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Chris Matthews Hates Hitler Comparisons

Matthews fumed, "Wouldn't it be good for the country if politicians drop the whole Hitler thing and returned to saying, 'Well, we Republicans and those Democrats just have an honest disagreement on some big stuff?'" He railed at Weber: "Is this something in your brain that has you comparing our twice elected American leader with Der Fuhrer, whose aggression in Europe caused the world 50 million lives?" Hypocrite Chris Matthews Hates Hitler Comparisons, But Made Them Himself | Media Research Center

Yet...

Chris Matthews: Ted Cruz ‘Fits In Tradition’ With Nazi Sympathizer Father Coughlin

June 12th, 2013: MSNBC host Chris Matthews railed against Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX). Matthews said that Cruz “fits in the tradition†of reviled historical figures like notorious Nazi sympathizer and radio host Father Coughlin and 1950s-era anti-communist Sen. Joe McCarthy

Chris Matthews compares gun rights supporters to Nazis

March 29, 2013: On Thursday, MSNBC's Chris Matthews compared supporters of the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms to Nazis while flubbing a reference to the classic movie "Casablanca,"

MSNBC's Chris Matthews links unhappy conservatives to Hitler

November 27, 2012: On Monday, MSNBC's Chris Matthews linked conservatives unhappy with the results of the 2012 election to Hitler and the 1936 Olympics
MSNBC's Chris Matthews links unhappy conservatives to Hitler - National Elections | Examiner.com

Is Chris Matthews simply an unabashed hypocrite, or something else?

Godwin's law maybe? GL applies especially to inappropriate, inordinate, or hyperbolic comparisons of other situations (or one's opponent) with Nazis
I don't have much use for him. He, like Joe Scarborough, only like to hear themselves talk.

Old 03-11-2015, 07:38 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,090,194 times
I turned on Matthews' show the other day (first time in a long time) to get his take on the current Hilary emailgate. And was surprised to hear him being very critical of Hilary and how she's been handling this matter. Nice to see Chris acting like a journalist again instead of a political hack for the left wing. I might start watching his show again.

Old 03-11-2015, 10:48 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,723,050 times
January 2008

"Let’s not forget, and I’ll be brutal, the reason she’s a US Senator, the reason she’s a candidate for President, the reason she may be a front runner, is that her husband messed around."
-- Chris Matthews

Chris Matthews Says The Only Reason Hillary Became A Senator Is Because Bill "Messed Around" | Crooks and Liars

Old 03-11-2015, 10:50 AM

February 2013

Chris Matthews offering to help Hillary for president. Matthews replied,

"If you're watching, Madam Secretary, all three of us have brilliant ideas. All of us have great ideas. And I especially put myself in that group with Joan and David. We know how to do this, we’ll get you in there."

Chris Matthews Offers To Help Hillary

Old 03-11-2015, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I turned on Matthews' show the other day (first time in a long time) to get his take on the current Hilary emailgate. And was surprised to hear him being very critical of Hilary and how she's been handling this matter. Nice to see Chris acting like a journalist again instead of a political hack for the left wing. I might start watching his show again.
I think it's which way the wind blows or what he's being told. He said he would help get Hillary in when the left thought she was a shoe in.

Old 03-11-2015, 10:57 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times
MSNBC 7%
CNN 10%
FOX 28%

Viewership ratings on unbiased reporting statistics.

Old 03-11-2015, 05:27 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,784,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I think mainly that Matthews is just not very bright. He's an example of one of those people who managed to work their way into a position of prominence and got in over their heads.

The last time I listened to Matthews was on the day of the Boston Marathon bombing. He had one after another 'expert' on, and tried to goad each of them into saying that it was don't by some kind of extremist militia type group. One after another of them basically responded--uh, no. Matthews pointed to the fire at the JFK library (which later turned out to be accidental and unrelated to the bombing) as evidence that this was done by someone who didn't like Democrats.
This is the state of our media. We no longer get unbiased news, if we ever really did, and there's a dividing line on every story.

You can see by the posters (in these forums) just how unabashedly divided we've become. Even when one tries to find common ground... there is none.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I'm sure that was just a minor lapse in judgement and his handlers have him back on the right... err... LEFT track.

I will say that for about a minute many of the left media outlets actually were critical of her - which has now been replaced with the letter the Pubs sent to Iran.

The Clintons are political elite Teflon

Last edited by steven_h; 03-11-2015 at 05:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies