Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 09:45 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Fox's ratings come from the 65+ demographic. I was reading up on how they are the most popular news organization because all I ever hear or see from them is RWNJ ideas like the war on Christmas, Santa is white, Benghazi, Obamacare, we should enforce the second amendment, etc. What I found is there is no reason that Fox has the ratings other than the Iraqi War coverage from 2003 and Republican national convention coverage.
Here is a link to the cable news ratings. The top section for each day is the 25-54 demographic, where Fox News usually beats CNN and MSNBC combined:

Ratings | TVNewser

See for yourself.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:56 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Mistakenly report False information ? You do not mistakenly report false information for 3 days while millions of people tell you that you are wrong including the Prime Minister of the U.K.

By the way, not even sure what you are arguing in your post, false claims = false information. So you are basically arguing in an arbitrary sense.
Making false claims and spreading false information are in no way the same thing. One is repeating false information, the other is inventing false information. Completely different. There is no evidence whatsoever the Fox knew the information was false at the time.

Millions of people telling them they were wrong is irrelevant. There are millions of leftists misrepresenting things every day, so there was no reason for them to simply take their word for it. Once they had verified that the information was false, they admitted to it and apologized for it. The notion that they simply made it all up and then distributed it is absurd. Fox is the #1 watched cable news network in the nation and the no-go story is a minor piece of very little significance in the scheme of things that is easily proven wrong. There is no way an organization with that high a profile would make up something with so little to gain from it and such a high risk of it being found out. It would be like someone on the FBI most wanted list stealing $5 in front of a cop.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:59 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,800,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
FOX and MSNBC are the worst when it comes to spinning things and inventing stuff. Personally I do not watch any of them, but CNN is better than the other two.
You can't be serious. If you truly believe that I feel bad for you. Fox blows CNN away and is way more accurate. All you have to do is use the Ferguson coverage as an example. I flip between both of them back and forth and CNN never puts things into context and rampantly leaves important facts out. I guarantee I can find an example every night just using the stories of the day and how they cover them.

Old 01-19-2015, 10:22 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
You can't be serious. If you truly believe that I feel bad for you. Fox blows CNN away and is way more accurate. All you have to do is use the Ferguson coverage as an example. I flip between both of them back and forth and CNN never puts things into context and rampantly leaves important facts out. I guarantee I can find an example every night just using the stories of the day and how they cover them.
I tire watching CNN due to all the repetition, but at least they are not so blatantly biased as FOX. I can understand why a Republican would like FOX, because their programming is custom made to tickle their ears. But like I said I have pretty much given up on them all. When something happens (real news), I watch CNN to see what happened, and I stop when they go on the repetition mode, and then I read up in the net.

Old 01-19-2015, 10:28 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Making false claims and spreading false information are in no way the same thing. One is repeating false information, the other is inventing false information. Completely different. There is no evidence whatsoever the Fox knew the information was false at the time.
FOX did invent false information and then spread it.

Quote:
Millions of people telling them they were wrong is irrelevant. There are millions of leftists misrepresenting things every day, so there was no reason for them to simply take their word for it. Once they had verified that the information was false, they admitted to it and apologized for it. The notion that they simply made it all up and then distributed it is absurd. Fox is the #1 watched cable news network in the nation and the no-go story is a minor piece of very little significance in the scheme of things that is easily proven wrong. There is no way an organization with that high a profile would make up something with so little to gain from it and such a high risk of it being found out. It would be like someone on the FBI most wanted list stealing $5 in front of a cop.
Did FOX not apologize for being wrong ????????

Last edited by dsjj251; 01-19-2015 at 10:38 AM..

Old 01-19-2015, 12:33 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
There is no way an organization with that high a profile would make up something with so little to gain from it and such a high risk of it being found out.
Of course not.

Fox Affiliate Apologizes for Deceptive ‘Kill a Cop’ Edit: ‘Honest Misunderstanding’ | Mediaite

Oh, and the classic "we completely-by-accident left a tape showing a much bigger crowd in the machine" apology, my personal favorite.

THE NATION : Hannity says sorry for using wrong rally video - Los Angeles Times

The entire "Other people gave us bad information. Other people we trusted. We're the victims, here!" schtick is getting old.

Old 01-19-2015, 12:39 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Fox is the #1 watched cable news network in the nation and the no-go story is a minor piece of very little significance in the scheme of things...
Enough significance that government officials in the UK and France found it worthwhile to ridicule it. If it's symptomatic of how much (or how little) vetting and fact-checking takes place, well - that's just another reason to not trust Fox.

As for being #1, does this mean we can expect the "mainstream media is always backing the liberals" whine to end? Because that would be nice.

Old 01-19-2015, 12:45 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:

So what you're basically saying is that Fox news does not employ fact checkers. Or, if they do, the fact checkers are not doing their job. Either way, they were reporting false information & not giving two craps about it.

Old 01-19-2015, 12:50 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Of course not.

Fox Affiliate Apologizes for Deceptive ‘Kill a Cop’ Edit: ‘Honest Misunderstanding’ | Mediaite

Oh, and the classic "we completely-by-accident left a tape showing a much bigger crowd in the machine" apology, my personal favorite.

THE NATION : Hannity says sorry for using wrong rally video - Los Angeles Times

The entire "Other people gave us bad information. Other people we trusted. We're the victims, here!" schtick is getting old.
To be fair, Fox affiliates like WNYW 5 in New York or Fox 10 in Phoenix have little to do with FNC. Unlike an NBC affiliate who has several national programs and reports (say Meet the Press, NBC Nighty News, Dateline, etc.) Fox really dont have that besides the nightly broadcast show.

Old 01-19-2015, 12:54 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
MSNBC does not spin anything. People need to stop trying to be politically correct just so they can gain Favor in a political forum. FOX lies knowingly and hopes to never get caught, hires bloggers as "experts" and then covers their own butts by saying " reports say" so that it looks like they are reporting what a 3rd party said instead of a blogger they brought on earlier in the day.

MSNBC in no way does that crap. If you are a blogger and you go on MSNBC, you are labeled as such. If you are from a Left Wing think tank, then you are labeled as such. Guest arent misrepresented on that network and guest who make outlandish claims are actually questioned on it, not assumed to be right and then agreed with and in this very case, adding insult to injury by even supplementing what is said.

If you believe MSNBC does this, please provide evidence.
Agreed. I watch FOX and MSNBC. FOX reminds me of angry, badmouthing, screaming children. MSNBC seems like adults. They both do inject political slant, but that is easily discernable. I prefer intelligent discussion to rabid dogs, which is why I prefer MSNBC. Joe Scarborough is the best. A real conservative, the likes of which I haven't seen in a decade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies