Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2015, 08:34 PM

112 posts, read 76,320 times

Advertisements

I personally work hard to live well in a stable democracy with consistent access to goods and critical services.

I'm not a child so I understand that paying taxes is part of that stable democracy and that my tax money spent will not always directly benefit me. I'm also not a petulant brat who thinks low earning people are living high on the hog.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:37 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacerphx View Post
I personally work hard to live well in a stable democracy with consistent access to goods and critical services.

I'm not a child so I understand that paying taxes is part of that stable democracy and that my tax money spent will not always directly benefit me. I'm also not a petulant brat who thinks low earning people are living high on the hog.
Yes, so "everyone" should pay for that stable democracy... everyone!

Old 06-24-2015, 08:39 PM

Payroll tax, state income tax, sales tax, fuel tax.

Very few people don't pay into the system. Federal income tax isn't the only form of taxation.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:40 PM

It takes a special kind of human to look at people earning below the federal income tax threshold and feel envy.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Payroll tax, state income tax, sales tax, fuel tax.

Very few people don't pay into the system. Federal income tax isn't the only form of taxation.
True but lame. People pay the taxes you mention IN ADDITION to paying federal taxes. Everyone should also pay FEDERAL taxes. If you paid then you wouldn't be so supportive of government raising taxes, not if they hit you up for more.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:44 PM

Quote:
It takes a special kind of human to look at people earning below the federal income tax threshold and feel envy.
BA HA HA HA. Another lame post. I wouldn't want to live the lifestyle people in poverty live for nothing. That's why I'm willing to work, why I was willing to improve my skills so I got paid more. Government gives you just enough to keep you quiet but sure makes lots of promises. That part keeps you dependent and voting for Santa. Did HOPE & CHANGE improve your lifestyle? You'll wait until you die.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:47 PM

1,482 posts, read 1,378,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Think about they get most of their income tax back and benefits from programs like Hud, Wick and Medicare to take care of their expenses. So if they earn 30K from Burger King of Walmart they are getting anther 25K in benefits!
It breaks doen to:47% pay for the 53%. Please not of this number there is disable and VA entitlements.
But there is a strong proportion who count on Gov. Benefits as their regular salary.

From the tax payers the 47% who pay the bills!
Unless they have children, they aren't getting benefits.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJW50 View Post
Unless they have children, they aren't getting benefits.
Yep so they have kids that we the tax payer support. Yea, that makes good people, having children they can't afford, bringing children into poverty... that such a loving thing to do. <sarcasm> then claim they care. "But.. but ... but what about the children".

Old 06-24-2015, 08:51 PM

Sorry I made you reflect on your own personality traits.

I've been working and paying federal taxes for the past 10 years, through school and into my career. I don't see much in government benefits directly, being a single person with no children. I don't envy folks who make less than me for having more income in a lower tax bracket. I don't envy parents who get tax benefits for having children. I don't envy people who make do little that they qualify for food assistance. I don't want to know what it's like living in such a spiteful mind.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Sorry I made you reflect on your own personality traits.

I've been working and paying federal taxes for the past 10 years, through school and into my career. I don't see much in government benefits directly, being a single person with no children. I don't envy folks who make less than me for having more income in a lower tax bracket. I don't envy parents who get tax benefits for having children. I don't envy people who make do little that they qualify for food assistance. I don't want to know what it's like living in such a spiteful mind.
Wanting to keep more of the money we work hard to earn is now "spiteful".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies