Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 04:22 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelCreator View Post
You think if Republicans don't back help for the middle class,paid leave for sick or pregnant folks,raising min wage that voters that want these things will back them next year? I don't. Especially the paid sick leave thing because that ONLY harms workers if its not passed.
Most in stable jobs do have paid sick leave. It's when their hours were cut because of the ACA that they lost it. I think most would prefer conditions where they were hired into better jobs first and foremost.

Old 01-20-2015, 05:39 PM

211 posts, read 164,939 times
My wife works a normal job...she doesn't get paid sick leave....she don't even get maternity leave that's paid...we have to use own income tax wisely to make sure we can cover her being out of work for a bit.So no MOST workers don't have paid sick leave...I will stand by my view of this...republicans are gonna have to to bend just a bit and help someone other than the 1% or continue losing presidential races.

Old 01-20-2015, 05:48 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times
Quote:
I mean to me he is. Putting republicans in the defensive and forcing them to either play ball or **** off a LARGE chunk of America. He is pushing for workers rights,tax breaks for middle class,raising min wage,healthcare for the poor,diplomacy over war,He is staying away from guns,abortion etc and the SC is going to settle the homosexual marriage deal...if Republicans refuse to help the middle class and WORKING PEOPLE...they could well put themselves in a deep hole come 2016...Usually working class and middle class folks vote republican..they will remember if republicans put the rich over them.

he sure wasn't much help for the Democrats running for re-election last November.....most of them didn't want to be seen with Obama.

yeah I'm sure Obama playing Robin Hood with other people's money and the future of this country makes sense to liberals like yourself......what makes you think the majority of the nation will buy Obama's rhetoric.

Old 01-20-2015, 06:14 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
My wife works a normal job...she doesn't get paid sick leave....she don't even get maternity leave that's paid...we have to use own income tax wisely to make sure we can cover her being out of work for a bit.So no MOST workers don't have paid sick leave...I will stand by my view of this...republicans are gonna have to to bend just a bit and help someone other than the 1% or continue losing presidential races.
In other words you're being a selfish brat and instead of bettering yourself and your family you just pout and demand someone subsidize the lifestyle you think you're entitled to.

Pathetic.

Why don't you do yourself a favor and google "vacation and sick stats" and look at how many people are significantly smarter than yourself.

Old 01-20-2015, 06:17 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,391,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Stupid people fall for his demagoguery. Intelligent people know there's already programs that are in place that need to be paid for before more promises are made. No doubt, though, the stupid people will win and the country will lose in the end. That's what happens when you elect petulant children into positions of power.
You mean like the Tea Party-backed Republicans who were willing to go over the fiscal cliff?

Old 01-20-2015, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
You mean like the Tea Party-backed Republicans who were willing to go over the fiscal cliff?
The only reason you're now seeing "the greatest deficit reduction known to man" is because of those republicans/tea party whatever's. Left up to Obama and friends they would have just continued to spend until complete confidence was lost and there would no longer be anyone available to fund the federal deficit.

Old 01-20-2015, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Most in stable jobs do have paid sick leave. It's when their hours were cut because of the ACA that they lost it. I think most would prefer conditions where they were hired into better jobs first and foremost.
How retarded are these people? On one hand they complain about jobs going overseas to cheaper labor and on the other hand they argue to make workers more expensive here. Is this what happens to the human brain on crystal meth or crack? Are these people serious?

Old 01-20-2015, 07:27 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times
Quote:
I mean to me he is. Putting republicans in the defensive and forcing them to either play ball or **** off a LARGE chunk of America. He is pushing for workers rights,tax breaks for middle class,raising min wage,healthcare for the poor,diplomacy over war,He is staying away from guns,abortion etc and the SC is going to settle the homosexual marriage deal...if Republicans refuse to help the middle class and WORKING PEOPLE...they could well put themselves in a deep hole come 2016...Usually working class and middle class folks vote republican..they will remember if republicans put the rich over them.
I'm a single working man with no children. He's not doing anything to help me, except forcing me to pay for everyone else.

Old 01-20-2015, 07:34 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I'm a single working man with no children. He's not doing anything to help me, except forcing me to pay for everyone else.
Oh please.

It has been that way for decades in the US. What presidents or admins have ever favored singles? This is a fact of life in the US. It's a 'family friendly' country. The tax laws are meant to encourage people to get married and have kids--not be selfish singles.

Old 01-20-2015, 07:38 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
How retarded are these people? On one hand they complain about jobs going overseas to cheaper labor and on the other hand they argue to make workers more expensive here. Is this what happens to the human brain on crystal meth or crack? Are these people serious?
The thing is---in those overseas countries, people have health care and can live on what they make. Is your theory that Americans should live like third world country citizens, even though the COL here is much greater, in order to 'compete?' So, though they can afford to live in a house overseas with these wages, Americans should learn to live in their cars on those same wages? How about if corporations share some of their increased profits with those performing the labor and helping them increase profits?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies