Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 02:16 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,702,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I believe they also said that one of the children, a 16-year-old boy, has provided much of the information for the DHS case. That's problematic, when one of the children is providing evidence of neglect or abuse. While a disgruntled teenager is nothing new, the judge decided to leave the children where they are safe. They haven't been kidnapped at all. They've been taken from parents because people outside the family filed complaints, and when the authorities interviewed the children at least one child backed up those complaints. The safety of the children is the primary concern, so the children were removed because there was a possibility of harm. The parents will have their day in court.

Arkansas is a very conservative state. Many, many people homeschool. There are many preppers in Arkansas. The assertion that this is an attack on these people for their lifestyle, given how supportive the state is for people who want to live this kind of lifestyle, is nonsensical.

I believe that in the end the family will get their children back, though they might have to follow certain rules set up by Human Services and the courts, like getting more regular medical care, and having Human Services monitor and follow-up on the situation.
Parents are allowed supervised visitation.

Old 01-22-2015, 02:17 PM

211 posts, read 164,921 times
Quote:
I believe they also said that one of the children, a 16-year-old boy, has provided much of the information for the DHS case. That's problematic, when one of the children is providing evidence of neglect or abuse. While a disgruntled teenager is nothing new, the judge decided to leave the children where they are safe. They haven't been kidnapped at all. They've been taken from parents because people outside the family filed complaints, and when the authorities interviewed the children at least one child backed up those complaints. The safety of the children is the primary concern, so the children were removed because there was a possibility of harm. The parents will have their day in court.

Arkansas is a very conservative state. Many, many people homeschool. There are many preppers in Arkansas. The assertion that this is an attack on these people for their lifestyle, given how supportive the state is for people who want to live this kind of lifestyle, is nonsensical.

I believe that in the end the family will get their children back, though they might have to follow certain rules set up by Human Services and the courts, like getting more regular medical care, and having Human Services monitor and follow-up on the situation.
They were taken without permission against their will. That's kidnapping. If I was that 16 year old's parent. His butt would be out of my home for good he can make his own way in life he has put the entire family in danger because of him wanting to go to public school.They were perfectly safe where they were and ANYONE who thinks kids are safer with the state kidnapping agency is a fool.

Old 01-22-2015, 02:26 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,356,421 times
Al long as people like the OP continue with crazy talk about kidnapping, and threatening the hang government officials doing thier jobs, no one is going to think them anything other then fringe nutcases.

Old 01-22-2015, 02:37 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,210,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I did or missed it. why did they come in the first place? edited to add why did you change the link?
There is a second link at the bottom for a followup of the story. The MMS was not the reason the children were taken but possible child neglect.

Old 01-22-2015, 02:50 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelCreator View Post
Judge Wade Naramore.
Scumbag judge's name.

Garland County Sheriffs Office (501) 622-3660

Mike Write is the thug with a badge that made decision to kidnap kids

State Police (501)767-8550. Kathy Finnegan is the head investigator on this case with the state police

DHS (501) 321-2583

Call and tell them to stop kidnapping kids and return these loving kids home!
So far you are 100% completely taking the side of the parents and their lawyer, now that the accuser might be the two older kids....that puts the police in a tough spot now doesn't it?

If it's the older kids, does that make the police the gestapo?

Everyone is just finding this out and you are posting phone numbers and screaming about hangings?

Wow. Get a grip.

Waiiiiiiiit a second. You know them don't you? Or are you one of the parents?

Old 01-22-2015, 02:56 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,859,083 times
Quote:
They were taken without permission against their will. That's kidnapping. If I was that 16 year old's parent. His butt would be out of my home for good he can make his own way in life he has put the entire family in danger because of him wanting to go to public school.They were perfectly safe where they were and ANYONE who thinks kids are safer with the state kidnapping agency is a fool.
I don't think you can know if they were "perfectly safe where they were." Someone thought they were in danger enough so they called Family Services. And after interviewing the children, a law enforcement officer thought they were in danger enough to make the call to remove them. And after hearing the case in court, a judge thought they were in danger enough that they should stay with Family Services until the parents could prove the children weren't in danger.

These people aren't all fools.

I think the fool is the person who thinks he can determine what's best for these children without knowing any of the facts of the case.

Old 01-22-2015, 03:02 PM

Quote:
I think the fool is the person who thinks he can determine what's best for these children without knowing any of the facts of the case.
Less talk! More hangings!

Facts Schmacts! We don't need no gubbermint carpetybaggers!

(I have visions of Yosemite Sam stomping around with pistols in both hands)

Old 01-22-2015, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Maybe you could whip the 16yo instead of kicking him out?

Old 01-22-2015, 03:27 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,525,658 times
The mother says on the video that they went through the "Total Transformation" training. That's a home program for parents who believe they are dealing with children who are demonstrating negative, defiant, and "out-of-control" behavior. Some advocate its use in lieu of professional treatment for children who have been diagnosed or are suspected of being bipolar, OCD, autistic spectrum, ADD, etc. The program is highly controversial and also expensive and time-consuming so if these parents were using it, the family was probably dealing with some significant problems.

She makes other statements that indicate she believes two of the teens might have made several accusations against the parents. That's likely why the investigation is ongoing.

I'm vehemently opposed to CPS heavy-handed methods. At the same time, I'm not ready to jump on the support bandwagon for the parents, we've only heard their side. And that's likely all we'll ever hear.
As a previous poster noted, Arkansas is a state normally tolerant of the type parenting this family publicly espouses, they wouldn't take away the kids based solely on that.

And MMS is nasty-sounding stuff, glad to hear the parents are willing to chuck it out. The wife says that in addition to using it for hydroponics, her husband was using it to treat his own health problems. Would he have considered using it to treat his children's health problems, especially a teen whom he thinks has mental/behavioral issues? Hopefully not, but the question would not be out of bounds for the investigators..

Old 01-22-2015, 03:35 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,702,516 times
According to online real estate reports, the house, a 4 Br/3 Ba, was built in 1999 on 1.37 acres. It has Central HVAC with a potential market value of about $250,000. This family is not living off the grid.

Just curious what this 73 year old does for a living. Social Security? A pension? Farm stand?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.