Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 01:00 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,434,173 times

Advertisements

From the article: Why don't more people get flu shots. . .the fact is "Influenza and pneumonia, which the Centers for Disease Control groups together, have long been among the top-ten annual killers in the U.S. In 2010 (the most recent year for which there is final data), the count was an estimated 53,826 Americans — more than six times the number of worldwide deaths from Ebola last year."

Freakonomics » Why Doesnt everyone get the flu vaccine

Walking away from the conspiracy theorists, the main reason Flu Vaccine's aren't more popular (and they really should be) is human critical thinking. . .

" And so that means, the more salient, or more vivid something is, the easier it is for us to recall. … For instance, if we see an earthquake happening in the news, then somehow, because that’s very vivid, we tend to overestimate the probability of an earthquake occurring. … And so, I think the problem with vaccination in the end comes down to this: When it’s working, it’s not very memorable. … It’s more newsworthy when we see things not working. But when a vaccine is working, nobody wants to talk about it."

Noten a side note for the tin foil crowd, the CIA is directly responsible for growing polio rates in Pakistan.
"Vaccine skeptics will hardly be comforted by the bizarre true story of how the CIA used a Pakistani vaccine campaign as cover during the hunt for Osama Bin Laden. You’ll hear all about it from Mark Mazzetti, a Pulitzer-winning New York Times reporter who chronicles the saga in his book"

Old 01-20-2015, 01:02 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
The chem trails stop me from getting the flu vaccine or is it the other way around. I don't know. Anyways, do you have any extra tin foil?

Old 01-20-2015, 01:03 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times
I've never gotten a flu vaccine and have never gotten the flu.

My Nephew got the flu vaccine this season and got the flu- and that seems to happen too often.

Why do you care so much about what others do?

Old 01-20-2015, 01:05 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
From "Immunize Colorado"
Scared of the flu vaccine? Let's see what's really inside it.

Old 01-20-2015, 01:05 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,868,942 times
Vaccinations are false flag attacks on you, personally, biologically.

Your immune system starts false-profiling its own cells as invaders.

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 01-20-2015 at 01:30 PM..

Old 01-20-2015, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
I've never gotten a flu vaccine and have never gotten the flu.

My Nephew got the flu vaccine this season and got the flu- and that seems to happen too often.
Actually, the podcast does include the above. its not true/possible btw. The Flu Vaccine contains dead virus. There may be some initial (first 24hours) symptoms. . as the body starts an immune response. . but that is about it.

It is impossible to get the Flu from the flu shot. This exact point is covered in detail in the podcast.

Old 01-20-2015, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Vaccinations are false flag attacks on you, personally and biologically.

Your immune system starts false-profiling its own cells as invaders.
not sure what this means.

Flu Vaccines contain dead viruses. Your body reacts to the dead virus and builds anti-bodies to combat that virus. .without an actual live virus to invade your cell. When the body comes into contact with future virus. .it already has the "know how" to defeat it.

This is no different than if you fought the flu yourself, without the risk of getting sick, making others sick, and risking loved ones and your own death/health damage. . .

Vaccinations have never been linked to any sort of auto-immune disease response (at least any more than the risk of getting a full born virus)

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Actually, the podcast does include the above. its not true/possible btw. The Flu Vaccine contains dead virus. There may be some initial (first 24hours) symptoms. . as the body starts an immune response. . but that is about it.

It is impossible to get the Flu from the flu shot. This exact point is covered in detail in the podcast.
All too often however people think of the flu vaccine as being against "All" flus. Its a crapshoot. So you can get the flu shot, and still get the flu. But your odds year to year are probably cut in half.

Its well worth it to get the shot, but its no guarentee

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post

I didn't say it was from the flu shot-although I disagree that it is impossible. But if the vaccine does not do what is intended, than I personally see no point in getting one every year. There are too many strains, and it is near impossible to predict.

I don't know why people always seek an instant cure for everything, instead of just eating/living right and building up their immune system naturally.

Old 01-20-2015, 01:10 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
All too often however people think of the flu vaccine as being against "All" flus. Its a crapshoot. So you can get the flu shot, and still get the flu. But your odds year to year are probably cut in half.

Its well worth it to get the shot, but its no guarentee
Agree. Plus it also helps minimize the impact of the flu if you are to get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies