Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2015, 01:48 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
You keep talking about "people" while I am talking about the inherrent flaws in the system. You often hint that you don't like the flaws in the system (quantitative easing, corporate bailouts, outsourcing/illegal immigration) but then you go back to talking about people and giving specific examples.

There is no doubt that many rich people benefit from the inherrent flaws in the system. That is a WHOLE lot different than saying "all rich people stole to get that way". It is not an individual thing, it is a SYSTEMATIC thing. And AGAIN, nobody is talking about the common Millionaire that MORE THAN pays their share in taxes. We are talking about people that own nationless corporations and banks and buy PUBLIC representatives and write legislation to benefit their institutions.

I'll refer you to this great quote by Eleanor Roosevelt:

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

every system is flawed....if you want perfection, you have to wait for the next life.

"MANY" rich people benefit from the flaws in the system, so do low income people in the underground economy which has always existed in this country since the colony era. People will take advantage whatever the system lets them.

If you want to at least try to simplify the tax code, then lets go for a FLAT TAX and get rid of all the loopholes and that's for everybody........I don't believe corporations should get tax breaks and favoritism from the government and low income people shouldn't get Earned income credit that ranged from $3,000 to $7,000 when they didn't pay 1 dime in federal taxes for political votes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 01:48 PM

1,284 posts, read 1,261,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Then how could you possibly think 0.0003% is the same as 1%? What college teaches that those two percentages are equivalent?

Yes, I did:
Apparently, your reading comprehension is weak, as well...
I amended my post.

Not a moron, sorry

Old 01-29-2015, 01:52 PM

89,017 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannon67 View Post
I amended my post.
Your amendment doesn't show that you're any less mathematically or reading comprehension challenged.

Quote:
Not a moron, sorry
Your posts have already proven otherwise. Anyone can see you seem to not understand basic math and seem to not comprehend what you read.

Old 01-29-2015, 01:57 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
every system is flawed....if you want perfection, you have to wait for the next life.

"MANY" rich people benefit from the flaws in the system, so do low income people in the underground economy which has always existed in this country since the colony era. People will take advantage whatever the system lets them.

If you want to at least try to simplify the tax code, then lets go for a FLAT TAX and get rid of all the loopholes and that's for everybody........I don't believe corporations should get tax breaks and favoritism from the government and low income people shouldn't get Earned income credit that ranged from $3,000 to $7,000 when they didn't pay 1 dime in federal taxes for political votes
I agree that the answer is not in existence yet. I would like to see the IRS and income tax abolished for everyone. There should be a flat sales tax, which would allow those who have and consume more to naturally pay more in taxes.

The Federal Reserve and their "too big to fail banks" need to be dismantled and broken up. They have had a stranglehold on our economy for far too long. The same for nation-less corporations; The only corporate incentives should go to companies that hire Americans and operate in this country.

Old 01-29-2015, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Your amendment doesn't show that you're any less mathematically or reading comprehension challenged.

Your posts have already proven otherwise. Anyone can see you seem to not understand basic math and seem to not comprehend what you read.
Your post here shows you're incapable of having a discussion with a person without resorting to personal attacks on a person's intelligence.

Why the need for rudeness? I've been respectful in my posts.

I amended my post by recognizing you had originally used the 15% figure in reference to households in the top 1%....NOT households in the very top of the top of that 1%. Then I admitted to not knowing what income level qualifies as "Top 1%" thereby conceding that your point may be correct.

I THEN gave my mention of inherited wealth a further qualifier by saying that I believe inherited wealth is a factor in ensuring the really rich (like those on the Forbes list) stay rich. Greywar apparently says basically the same thing.

I don't see where my math is in question.

Whatever. I am conversational in my posts, and I guess that's offensive to some.

Old 01-29-2015, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Your post here shows you're incapable of having a discussion with a person without resorting to personal attacks on a person's intelligence.
If you don't understand math and the fact that 0.0003% is not equivalent to 1%, or can't comprehend what you read, how can you participate in a rational discussion? Honest question.

Old 01-29-2015, 02:02 PM

Quote:
If you don't understand math and the fact that 0.0003% is not equivalent to 1%, or can't comprehend what you read, how can you participate in a rational discussion? Honest question.
I NEVER said it was! Did you not read my post or something???

Geez!

THIS is the post I amended
Quote:
I read Greywar's post. He seems to agree that inheritance plays a part in getting to the top of the top.

Nah. I'm pretty good at math. I managed to pull straight As in Math all through college, thanks

You have not said where you pulled that 15% figure from

I seem to recall you mentioned that figure as relating to the wealthiest end of the top 1%. Wouldn't these Forbes list types qualify as the wealthier end?

Ok here is the post you made, so I see you referred to the top 1% in general:

Honestly, I don't know the income cut-off for what determines whether a household is in the top 1%....but I do know, as greywar mentions as well, that getting to the TIPPY TOP of the wealth pyramid, inherited wealth certainly has had a fair share.
For lack of using numbers, I referred to that .000000003% or however the hell many zeros you gave it as TIPPY TOP, so shoot me for it

Old 01-29-2015, 02:05 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
Okay, so I revert to my initial honest question. If it truly is about wealth, how do you propose to fix the problem?
What problem?

There is no problem.

There is no Wealth Inequality. There has never been any Wealth Inequality.

Wealth Inequality = Penis Envy/Breast-Implant Envy

Not only does Wealth Inequality not exist, it causes no harm and has never negatively impacted any State or civilization in the entire history of human existence.

Even if one concedes Wealth Inequality might exist, there is nothing to be done, because nothing can be done.

You're going to cut up the canvas of Edvard Munch's "The Scream" painting into 44 pieces "worth" $2.7 Million so that the idiot nutters at OXFAM and *******s on this forum can feel good?

The individual pieces have no value.

Can you say "impractical?"

How about "impossible?"

How can anyone not see the sophistry proffered by OXFAM and the other NAZIs?

You're going to give a vase from the Ming Dynasty worth $32,000 to The Poor®?

The Poor® are going to dump it for $150 at a pawn shop so they can smoke dope and get a tattoo.

Then some ******* will start a thread about how the The Poor® have no Wealth. Well, they had Wealth, but The Poor® squandered it on nothing.

If The Poor® have no understanding or appreciation of Wealth, then that's fine, since that's their right, but I have no moral, ethical or legal duty to subsidize, fund or bank-roll their Life-Style.

The Poor® have to fund, subsidize and bank-roll their own Life-Style. And if they can't?

Sucks to be them....let Darwin rule...

Mircea

Old 01-29-2015, 02:11 PM

Quote:
I NEVER said it was! Did you not read my post or something???
Then why did you confuse the top 10 (0.000007%) tax filers for the top 1% in your post?
Quote:
I'm a little confused. In another thread to me, you (informed consent) mentioned that most of the 1% (these Forbes types would certainly qualify as 1%ers) did NOT inherit their wealth. Yet here, greywar mentions that 6 out of the top 10 Forbes listers did inherit their wealth. Doesn't that qualify as most? 6 out of 10 is 60%.
I've already posted a link to the Forbes article specifically stating that the top 400 (0.0003%) includes more self-made billionaires than those who've inherited their wealth, so yes, the BLS is correct in its findings that only a very small minority of the top 1% inherited their wealth. The rest EARNED it.

Old 01-29-2015, 02:34 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
There is no Wealth Inequality. There has never been any Wealth Inequality.

Wealth Inequality = Penis Envy/Breast-Implant Envy

Not only does Wealth Inequality not exist, it causes no harm and has never negatively impacted any State or civilization in the entire history of human existence.

Even if one concedes Wealth Inequality might exist, there is nothing to be done, because nothing can be done.
No matter how much you scream that Mircea, it won't magically become true. I love the last line I quoted, because you are so horrifically wrong. The problem is that there are extreme resolutions that can occur, and the results are horrific. People like you make us more and more likely to experience that sort of thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies