Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2015, 08:38 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Saving money doesn't, never has and never will equal making money. Not getting into wars doesn't make us money. The only way our government gets anything is by taking it from the citizens in the form of taxes, fees and things like that.

Morons believe that tax cuts have to be paid for, people with common sense understand that if you cut taxes you simply cut spending as well. If you "pay for" a tax cut you're still spending the same amount of money.
If you want to get an actual point across, you may want to stop calling everyone "morons." It hurts your credibility with intelligent people to simply classify 'everyone' as morons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2015, 08:39 PM

293 posts, read 317,085 times
Christ Ernst is underwhelming.

Old 01-20-2015, 08:39 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmFest View Post
From not getting into war. About 2 trillion right there.
Nonsense. We need that two trillion for bombs that will soon reign down on Tehran' plus another trillion to "rebuild "it! ( and by rebuild it we mean rebuild our contractor friends bank account)

Old 01-20-2015, 08:41 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
Joanie Ernst and her bread bags. That's what I'll take home with me tonight.

I'm doubling down on my cynicism about American politicians.

Old 01-20-2015, 08:41 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,032,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I disagree. This myth of 'everyone wanting free stuff' is simply a narrative pushed by the extremist right wing and Romney. This is a massively jaded and pessimistic view of Americans. Sad and pathetic as well.

Americans want to be optimistic. Americans want some hope for the future. Americans want to believe that things will get better in this country, after years of decline. And they want to be productive and work. This Americans want free stuff is mostly BS.

Whatever you may dislike about Obama, the fact is that he is an inspirational speaker and figure. He gives people hope and they like him.

So when the Republicans come around with their downer Debby attitudes and scowls, in juxtaposition with Obama's optimism, it is just a giant turn-off. These GOP responses always are anti-climatic, boring and bring people down.

They are losers--they should skip the "response" altogether. Jody, the swine castrater is bombing just as the others have.
Hope doesn't pay the bills, tax paying Americans do. I'm sorry if reality continues to pull you down out of the clouds, that's the sort of BS that got us in this mess in the first place.

Old 01-20-2015, 08:42 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,256,327 times
Quote:
Saving money doesn't, never has and never will equal making money. Not getting into wars doesn't make us money. The only way our government gets anything is by taking it from the citizens in the form of taxes, fees and things like that.

Morons believe that tax cuts have to be paid for, people with common sense understand that if you cut taxes you simply cut spending as well. If you "pay for" a tax cut you're still spending the same amount of money.
Oh trust me. If we had that 2 trillion dollars spent on Bush's wars, we'd have enough money for all these programs. Whatever we did to make that 2 trillion dollars, we can do in a smaller scale, not spend it on wars, and will still be able to fund the programs.

Old 01-20-2015, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Good luck with that. How about we start with Medicare Part D? Maybe order a few less orders that the Pentagon doesn't even want?
Do I have to pick 1 or can we start with both?

Old 01-20-2015, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmFest View Post
Oh trust me. If we had that 2 trillion dollars spent on Bush's wars, we'd have enough money for all these programs. Whatever we did to make that 2 trillion dollars, we can do in a smaller scale, not spend it on wars, and will still be able to fund the programs.
I'm sure you feel exactly the same way about the billions and billions we are spending bombing people with drones today right? Are you just as much against Obama's drones as you are against "Bush's wars"?

Old 01-20-2015, 08:44 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,256,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I disagree. This myth of 'everyone wanting free stuff' is simply a narrative pushed by the extremist right wing and Romney. This is a massively jaded and pessimistic view of Americans. Sad and pathetic as well.
Actually, it is basic, simple, ubiquitous human psychology.

Let me test this.

Do you want free stuff?

Old 01-20-2015, 08:45 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
Hope doesn't pay the bills, tax paying Americans do. I'm sorry if reality continues to pull you down out of the clouds, that's the sort of BS that got us in this mess in the first place.
I'm not "in the clouds." I am a tax-paying American who goes to work every day. I see a lot of others doing the same. None of them are looking for "free stuff." Simply a decent quality of life and they are willing to work for it. The majority of those I interact with on a daily basis are not morons either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies