Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 07:56 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times

Advertisements

I find it amusing that people think there is any substantive difference between the GOP and Democrats. Beyond a few social wedge issues, they are all exactly the same now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2015, 07:59 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,364,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I find it amusing that people think there is any substantive difference between the GOP and Democrats. Beyond a few social wedge issues, they are all exactly the same now.
Oh no, theres one HUGE difference. They say different things.

Now as to what they actually do....hmmm...not as much these days.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:32 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,721,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Post of the day.

The reality is that SSDI -- in far too many cases -- IS abused terribly.

Ferd's nephew NEEDS to be taken care of. Someone who is too lazy to go find work and connects with an SSDI attorney to get benefits SHOULD NOT be taken care of.

SSDI fraud and Medicare fraud cost this country well in excess of $1 trillion every decade.
SSDI/SSD fraud trends individual, attorney MD and to some extent, judicial fraud. The economies in some rural counties, in some states are fully dependent upon SSDI/ SSD and other welfare income. The " Disability Industrial Complex" is alive and well.

Medicare Fraud is institutional/ provider. FBI estimates 3-10% of healthcare bills submitted to Medicare for payment are fraudulent.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 01-21-2015 at 08:48 AM..

Old 01-21-2015, 08:39 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,996,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I've seen several friends turn from liberals to conservatives simply by receiving their first paycheck after college and seeing who pays for the "free" stuff.
LOL...How true and all the while b!t(#ing about it in their Che' t-shirts...

Old 01-21-2015, 08:52 AM

SSDI/SSD has been increasing non- stop since the late 80's. It has trebled since 2000- 2013. Within that period, it doubled between 2000- 2007.

Funds have been transferred between Retirement and Disability 11 times. In 1993 Disability funds were transferred to the Retirement Fund. The next year, Retirement Funds were transferred from the Retirement to Disability Fund. The can just keeps on kicking. Has not mattered who sat the oval or held the majority.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:28 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,277,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I've seen several friends turn from liberals to conservatives simply by receiving their first paycheck after college and seeing who pays for the "free" stuff.
Bull****, you have not lol.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:29 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,277,553 times
I kind of have a doubt they turned, more likely they are just ranting. Chances are you will see the same Right wing memes posted on their walls in a day or two.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:31 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,230,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Bull****, you have not lol.
Have you never received a paycheck or a bonus that was whittled down to nothing after taxes? I have. My first bonus check was an eye opener!!

Old 01-21-2015, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Cut SSDI by a 100% and watch the deadbeats scramble for work.
It is not possible to determine with precision whether any applicant is truly unable to work or whether disability is temporary or permanent.

i posted a few weeks ago I had watched a few episode of My 700 Pound Life or whatever it is called. They were all on SSDI/ SSD. In all cases, family members were full time care givers ENABLERS for the bedridden disabled. Their primary function seemed to be procuring food and cleaning up the disabled person's waste.

All of those featured on this program eventually went for weight loss surgery and spent months in the hospital.
The show reports that only 5% ever achieved and maintained a normal weight. Some actually gained weight following the surgery because their enablers felt compelled to feed their loved ones. They love their spouces and adult children into the grave.

What might the outcome be, if this group of people recieved declining benefits over a year's time and after that it sucks to be them. No more SSDI/ SSD or other welfare benefits.

I would be very surprised if a majority of people recieving SSDI/ SSD vote.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Rhetoric is different. Action- not so much.

The top priority of any politician is fund raising for themselves and their party. He who demonstrates the ability to raise the most money gets his party's nod.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies