Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 11:59 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,083,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I expect the cops to use the "use of force continiuum". clealy they did not use this when they shot doen this person in cold blood.
Wrong... and demonstrates you don't understand use of force. But please educate all of us

Use of force can escalate instantly...and you don't have to go through any steps before applying it... but.. in this case the escalation was reasonable.
There was verbal then deadly force... and looked like a good application of force

An independent review will show this to be a good shooting whether you approve or not... it appears there will be a thorough review independent of any local agency.

No time for this thug... he got slugs not hugs... sad but true ... bad people have bad things happen to them... we shoot people when there is no reasonable alternative ... its happened here and it will happen over and over...police haters... deal with it... it doesn't mean you get to object everytime it occurs
Police have to be resolute in using force... the penal code and case law clearly demonstrate it.
Reid determined his death and was wholly responsible for the outcome

I feel bad for the world of review and stress the officer will face
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2015, 06:40 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,210,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelCreator View Post
Video shows man shot by New Jersey police raising his hands

Cops obviously knew guy yet gun was CLEARLY not in his hands as it was in glove compartment and he removed himself from vehicle and gets murdered for doing so.
Nothing was clear in that video.

The cops were trying to extract a suspect who had been convicted of shooting at police who clearly was not complying. Where the gun actually was is still conjecture. It had been in the glove box but while the officer in the passenger side kept trying to open the door so during that time it could have been brought out.

I will let the investigation run its course before stating my opinion.

I strongly recommend all others do that instead of having their typical cop-hating knee-jerk responses to a grainy video.

But its just another POS DOA.

Old 01-22-2015, 06:42 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,414,151 times
Moral of the story: listen to what the sociopath in blue says, or die.

Old 01-22-2015, 07:20 AM

39,843 posts, read 26,477,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
They told him not to move, and the idiot moved. How are they to know what he was capable of?
Lets see...the driver of the car did he was told, put his hands out the window and kept them there. And is alive.

The passenger had a firearm within reach, ignored repeated commands not to move, appeared to be combative, exited the car and approached the officer who had a gun trained on him. I'd say Darwin in action.

Old 01-22-2015, 07:22 AM

39,843 posts, read 26,477,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
If you tell someone not to move with a gun in the car, and they move, what do you expect the police to do? Especially since the guy had already done time in prison for shooting at a police officer :-P. As for the complaints, just about every police officer has complaints like that. Just like most doctors have complaints of people claiming misconduct. Doesn't mean any of them are founded though. I am hardly a defender of the police when they are wrong, but in this case I think they were justified.
And there is the real problem. WTF is wrong with a "justice system" that turns these vicious animals back on the streets to prey on more innocent people.

Old 01-22-2015, 07:34 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Al Sharpton won't be getting involved in this one....
He cannot go all racist on this one.

Old 01-22-2015, 07:35 AM

211 posts, read 164,921 times
I see a pattern developing here. Republicans justify letting people starve,stay poor by refusing better wages,paid time off for pregnant women etc,better working conditions etc yet they can also justify letting the 1% get richer. They OBVIOUSLY can justify a black guy being shot by a boy in blue all because he was an ex con. My brother is an ex con. He now owns his own business,house and several cars and his oldest is soon to be off to college...the past is the past...has nothing to do with the present.So obviously republicans=psychopaths

Old 01-22-2015, 07:37 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,210,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelCreator View Post
I see a pattern developing here. Republicans justify letting people starve,stay poor by refusing better wages,paid time off for pregnant women etc,better working conditions etc yet they can also justify letting the 1% get richer. They OBVIOUSLY can justify a black guy being shot by a boy in blue all because he was an ex con. My brother is an ex con. He now owns his own business,house and several cars and his oldest is soon to be off to college...the past is the past...has nothing to do with the present.So obviously republicans=psychopaths
Where did ideology come into play?

I said wait for the investigation.

You are the one turning it into the us vs them issue.

A hood rat still running with hood rats will always be a hood rat. Unlike your brother.

Old 01-22-2015, 07:38 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
I swear I hear, get out of the car.
Then talk of a gun in the glovebox and then don't move.
I only see one of his hands out the window on the passengers side.
Only if the cop was wearing a personal camera to see his POV

Old 01-22-2015, 07:43 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times
Two men are in a car with a gun. The police tells both men to put their hands out and not to move. The man who puts his hands out the window and cooperates does not get shot. The man, who has the gun right in front of him, refuses to put his hands out and insists on moving around is shot dead.

Is there anything that can be learned from this?

From what I see on this video, there is no way in hell I'd convict the cop if I were on the jury.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies