Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 02:16 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
there is a difference in coaching a football team and playing in one.

Blacks are naturally talented in sports than other races , so obviously when it comes to who gets admitted in the league as players, Blacks will have a huge advantage over other races.

Coaching you don't need athletic skills.......you need management skills, knowledge about strategy, be well educated and know how to speak and write proper English since you will be the face of the franchise and have to deal with the media.....a course or degree in some kind of people skills or counseling helps too since the coach will be dealing with all kinds of egos and personal problems from the players and staff.......those demands are not a given to blacks just because they are the majority playing the sport......2 different things.

just because Michael Irvin, Jerry Rice or Deon Sanders were great players doesn't mean they can coach an NFL team and manage it from top to bottom.....and it shouldn't be given to them because they are black and played in the league years ago....that has nothing to do with it.
Those jobs are "just given" to lots of white guys over and over again even when some of them couldn't coach a Pop Warner team effectively.

Michael Irvin just might know a thing or two more than David Shula.

Oh...but I guess not, huh? Because Shula or Matt Millen can speak better English.

The Rooney Rule is here to stay. Get used to it. Black folks are no longer content with their place in the game as nothing more than athletes.

Old 01-22-2015, 03:54 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,385,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Folks are butthurt because a few brothers moved in on the last traditional white bastion in football: coaching.

I gots me some crocodile tears for alla y'all.
Last I checked the top three or four best quarterbacks currently in the game are pasty white, like me.

And FTR Brady and Manning will go down as two of the greatest to ever play the game, along with Rogers and Luck.

So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

And oh yeah, Brady is throwing all his TDs this season to a bunch of other pasty Anglos as well, and is being protected by a bunch of Anglos on his OL.

Hurts to know that, doesn't it?

Old 01-22-2015, 03:59 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,267,873 times
Quote:
Those jobs are "just given" to lots of white guys over and over again even when some of them couldn't coach a Pop Warner team effectively.

Michael Irvin just might know a thing or two more than David Shula.

Oh...but I guess not, huh? Because Shula or Matt Millen can speak better English.

The Rooney Rule is here to stay. Get used to it. Black folks are no longer content with their place in the game as nothing more than athletes.

Michael Irvin just might know a thing or two than David Shula???? What is that running his mouth and snoring coke and chase whores ? ......if you think he can coach tell Jerry Jones to put him as an asst. with the Cowboys.....is Jerry Jones racist?

You give coaching jobs based on many factors not because of skin color.......you are basically saying we need the Rooney rule because 32 owners are racists.

racial quotas forced on the NFL.......even the liberal social engineering gets to football.

Old 01-22-2015, 04:08 PM

why don't liberals apply the Rooney rule in Hollywood......we need this % of Black directors, black producers and black actors.....if not Hollywood is racist.

I'm very consistent against racial quotas in government and private sector, the NFL is no exception.

Old 01-22-2015, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
Last I checked the top three or four best quarterbacks currently in the game are pasty white, like me.

And FTR Brady and Manning will go down as two of the greatest to ever play the game, along with Rogers and Luck.

So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

And oh yeah, Brady is throwing all his TDs this season to a bunch of other pasty Anglos as well, and is being protected by a bunch of Anglos on his OL.

Hurts to know that, doesn't it?
What in the hell does the Rooney Rule have to do with quarterbacks?

You need some Sun....get out and get a little.

Oh I forgot...you're stuck in Minnesota.

No wonder you're always pissed off. Plus your sports teams suck.

Old 01-22-2015, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Michael Irvin just might know a thing or two than David Shula???? What is that running his mouth and snoring coke and chase whores ? ......if you think he can coach tell Jerry Jones to put him as an asst. with the Cowboys.....is Jerry Jones racist?

You give coaching jobs based on many factors not because of skin color.......you are basically saying we need the Rooney rule because 32 owners are racists.

racial quotas forced on the NFL.......even the liberal social engineering gets to football.
Get over it. The Rooney Rule is here to stay.

Old 01-22-2015, 06:41 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,275,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelCreator View Post
Exactly. I BELIEVE one of the soon to be new coaches is black as well...in the NFL as with all sports its supposed to be who fits what the team wants and who is the best coach to bring home a super bowl win.
Every coach opening HAS to have a Black interviewed for the job.

Old 01-22-2015, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Get over it. The Rooney Rule is here to stay.

is that your argument?.....real deep!...

Old 01-22-2015, 07:29 PM

4,285 posts, read 10,763,461 times
I think its a silly rule in the year 2014. Its not going anywhere though. Once you institute a rule like that, its gonna be impossible to get rid of it without a ton of belly aching. The NFL has had a ton of bad press lately, they dont need to add to the fire

Old 01-22-2015, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Every coach opening HAS to have a Black interviewed for the job.

why not also Latino & Asia?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies