Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 07:23 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times

Advertisements

7 years of no attacks and a very clear message sits in the back of my mind. It only takes once for them to be right and we have to be right 100% of the time. Though it may not be the exact quote from Bush if Obama neglects this fact it will be nothing more than a disastrous fumble that will test the silica content of his jaw. No one is wishing for it but as long as he keeps this in mind you will see Bush III.

I know the opposition to Bush can come up with practically any event under the sun to blame on him but can you imagine the alternative... Lose billions of $, 1000's of lives, infrastructure, emergency services..etc. Any attack that happened after 9/11 would make the US presidency impotent....obviously the longer you get away from that date the further some people push it back in their minds and disregard the facts of that time.

Last edited by BigJon3475; 01-21-2009 at 08:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 07:57 AM

870 posts, read 1,626,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
If I'm interpreting this correctly, are you saying that you feel bad that I'm not dead? Man, that's the American spirit we all know and love I guess?

I feel bad we were led to the toilet by people like you, but I'm not here wishing your demise.

I similarly feel bad that it's my burden to make this country better for people like you.
please don't feel burdened. i'm sure you have sat around whining about how terrible Bush is for a long time now. absolutely nothing you do will make this country better. obama is going to take that burden off your shoulders isn't he? he is perfect.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:14 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
booker, show me one, yes any one single post on CD, by an Obama supporter saying that he is perfect.

We know better.

No matter what Obama does, he can never be as bad as Bush was.
He can never lose the respect of the world, as Bush did.
He would not put us in a position of attacking a country that did us no harm.
He has a lot more compassion than the man who got over 4,200 soldiers killed, over 30,000 more seriously wounded, about 100,000 Iraqis killed by our weapons or as a result of our invasion of a sovereign nation.

Will he makes mistakes, certainly.

Don't we all.

You just don't get what the issues were with Bush, do you?

Old 01-21-2009, 11:19 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,012,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
I would ask why on a day that is about Obama and moving the country forward do we still have attacks on President Bush? He cried over a Marine giving his life for his brothers and this is a topic on an historic day? Come on.

As I have said it is from a Medal of Honor ceremony for for Marine Cpl. Jason Dunham so I would tread lightly to attacks on this topic
I thought people would be respectful on the Ted Kennedy thread where he had a seizure and all the neo-cons were out in force with hatred.. so its BOTH sides that show dis-respect.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Bush did a phenemonal job on the transition.

I'm upset that he was booed today and that people were so nasty to him.

With all that said, I'm very glad he's no longer our President- but he deserved more respect as our Outgoing President- than he received today.
My sentiments EXACTLY. Kudos to you.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:22 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,289,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
I thought people would be respectful on the Ted Kennedy thread where he had a seizure and all the neo-cons were out in force with hatred.. so its BOTH sides that show dis-respect.
I said in that thread as well people need to grow up and act like decent caring human beings and that was meant for both sides. As much as I would like that there are going to be extreme people on both sides that just cant wish some one well because they are on the other side, which to me is sad.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:29 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Bush did a phenemonal job on the transition.

I'm upset that he was booed today and that people were so nasty to him.

With all that said, I'm very glad he's no longer our President- but he deserved more respect as our Outgoing President- than he received today.

Liberals always boo and behave rudely. That's what happens when one becomes 100% convinced that their opinions are correct and everyone else is wrong (the global warming hoax is a good example of that). Obama will most likely continue the Bush policies as much as possible because he isn't stupid enough to think that liberalism will have a positive outcome. It never has in the past. If he goes in another direction, he'll run the risk of being held accountable for his actions when the inevitable happens.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
I said in that thread as well people need to grow up and act like decent caring human beings and that was meant for both sides. As much as I would like that there are going to be extreme people on both sides that just cant wish some one well because they are on the other side, which to me is sad.
And I agree with you completely. I was pissed off when I heard those geers (spel?) for Bush in the helicopter; while I did not vote for him in 2004, as a former President, he still deserved respect. And while I am not always thrilled with Ted Kennedy, he is an old man with a life threatening disease and people should feel some compassions. Sad sad sad.

1,142 posts, read 2,815,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeytonC View Post
Pres Bush made some mistakes, sure. Putting those things aside, he is a good person. These haters are typical of a 6 year old on a playground. No matter what mistakes Obama make (and he will), even though I am a dedicated conservative, I will respect him as MY country's president. This is called class & decency. As stated in here already, the folks who are persistent in their attacks on GB are sad, bitter, people who have none of either. I hope Obama is successful, for the country. I don't agree with most of his policies, but I understand the democratic system & live by it. This is what sets reasonable people apart from people who have no intelligent way to discuss issues & prefer to "boo" & name call. It shows how dense they are. Think of little children that don't have any spine or integrity who can't move up in life, or get one, for that matter, & take it out on the people they obsess over because they have personality disorders. Sad, really.
Well said. Going after President Bush personally, when he did his best, is not called for. Don't the Bush bashers notice that even the politicians speak cordially to each other and get along outside of the politics? Obama and Bush and Clinton and Senior Bush all set examples of how we should act when we disagree on politics. Discuss the issues, but leave out the personal attacks.

4,156 posts, read 11,007,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Liberals always boo and behave rudely. That's what happens when one becomes 100% convinced that their opinions are correct and everyone else is wrong (the global warming hoax is a good example of that).
Oh, wait how does that song go again?
"I am rubber you are glue whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to...."

pot meet kettle

Nice job there, pal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies