U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-23-2015, 11:51 PM
 
Location: Illinois Delta
5,763 posts, read 4,378,978 times
Reputation: 2060

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Then President Obama should have kept his mouth shut until he had all the information. Instead he jumped to MB's defense making to clear where he stood. Yep, no preferential treatment there!



In point of fact, President Obama remarked that Michael Brown could have been his son. What's incorrect about that? How do those words even resemble a defense? President Obama merely noted that, as a bi-racial American, he could have had a son who would be subject to harassment by the police. Just because people love to hate doesn't mean that the other side is wrong.

You really can get pulled over for driving while black, federal statistics show - The Washington Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-24-2015, 12:06 AM
 
2,911 posts, read 1,440,602 times
Reputation: 3274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
In point of fact, President Obama remarked that Michael Brown could have been his son. What's incorrect about that? How do those words even resemble a defense? President Obama merely noted that, as a bi-racial American, he could have had a son who would be subject to harassment by the police. Just because people love to hate doesn't mean that the other side is wrong.

You really can get pulled over for driving while black, federal statistics show - The Washington Post
??? He said that about Trayvon not Michael Brown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2015, 05:45 PM
 
7,371 posts, read 4,673,740 times
Reputation: 3133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
In point of fact, President Obama remarked that Michael Brown could have been his son. What's incorrect about that? How do those words even resemble a defense? President Obama merely noted that, as a bi-racial American, he could have had a son who would be subject to harassment by the police. Just because people love to hate doesn't mean that the other side is wrong.

You really can get pulled over for driving while black, federal statistics show - The Washington Post
What you're doing here is what we call "willful ignorance."

If you want to say that someone could have been your kid, then go for it. That's fine. Same with me. But Obama is the President of the United States. The leader of the free world doesn't make a remark like that in front of national television cameras as just a simple statement of fact with nothing political attached. And you know it. You'd have to be a blithering idiot not to know that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2015, 06:40 PM
 
48,516 posts, read 84,402,141 times
Reputation: 18061
I personally wouldn't even want to live with being part of lynch mob protests influencing the nut who shot those two NY officers; much less the damage to many lifes in Ferguson. To me its no different than supporting nay terrorism by its very nature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2015, 08:07 PM
 
186 posts, read 195,106 times
Reputation: 609
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
??? He said that about Trayvon not Michael Brown.
He gets around.

They're quite promiscuous, you know...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2015, 08:17 PM
 
Location: Jewel Lake (Sagle) Idaho
27,926 posts, read 17,867,506 times
Reputation: 15912
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
The only remarkable thing here is that people still believe MB was not at fault and the officer killed him without cause. Now THAT is remarkable.
I don't think anyone actually believes that. It's just that some people are so hate filled and racist that they would much prefer to see a white police officer murdered at the hands of a black criminal, than do anything to defend his life. Facts don't change those with small minds filled with hatred.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2015, 08:19 PM
 
Location: In your head, rent free
14,650 posts, read 7,852,207 times
Reputation: 7480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
And you blindly trust the FBI?



I don't know exactly what happened that day. What I do know is the evidence of the case wasn't cut and dry and there were holes in parts of the officer's story.



Could everything have taken place as Darren Wilson described? A very small chance with forensics. The key parts are the start of the altercation and the final moments before the final shots.
No, there are no holes in any story. You refuse to acknowledge large pieces of evidence, you hate the police and your own bias won't let you accept the truth that most people have already accepted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2015, 08:25 PM
 
5,661 posts, read 6,166,952 times
Reputation: 4203
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
What you're doing here is what we call "willful ignorance."

If you want to say that someone could have been your kid, then go for it. That's fine. Same with me. But Obama is the President of the United States. The leader of the free world doesn't make a remark like that in front of national television cameras as just a simple statement of fact with nothing political attached. And you know it. You'd have to be a blithering idiot not to know that.
You are showing your own ignorance. President Obama never said that Michael Brown could have been his son.

Regardless of what the president said you will not like him. This president has received far more death threats than any other because of people like yourself. If you don't like him move. You are not contributing anything good to this country by making up statements about the president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2015, 11:08 PM
 
2,911 posts, read 1,440,602 times
Reputation: 3274
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
You are showing your own ignorance. President Obama never said that Michael Brown could have been his son.

Regardless of what the president said you will not like him. This president has received far more death threats than any other because of people like yourself. If you don't like him move. You are not contributing anything good to this country by making up statements about the president.
If you don't like him move? That's your answer? So essentially you want an America with people who only agree with you or Obama with no voice on the other side? Do you realize how dangerous this sounds? As much as I disagree with some of you on CD I would never want a society without freedom of Speech.

But feels like we are slowly moving in that direction...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2015, 05:33 AM
 
5,661 posts, read 6,166,952 times
Reputation: 4203
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
If you don't like him move? That's your answer? So essentially you want an America with people who only agree with you or Obama with no voice on the other side? Do you realize how dangerous this sounds? As much as I disagree with some of you on CD I would never want a society without freedom of Speech.

But feels like we are slowly moving in that direction...
When I see people throwing stuff out there like what I referenced in my posts that isn't close to being factual, you shouldn't have a voice. That becomes a form of slander.

People are not trying to gather information anymore and both sides of the coin are guilty of this and it is wrong. You are entitled to your own opinions but you can't make up facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:05 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top