Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 01:55 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,400 times

Advertisements

It's a private school. They can accept and deny whoever they want. If homosexuals want to open a school that only accepts children of other gays, then they are allowed to do so. They can even open a gay only school. And I doubt many would complain.

Old 01-24-2015, 02:01 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
Is there such a thing as Jewish Neo-Nazis?

Poor analogy. The married dads are Christians. One of them is a Christian Pastor.
I had to reread to see this above, I found this statement from one of the Pastor dad interesting: a Christian school with no direct affiliation to any religious organization or church.

Just seemed odd to me, most Christian schools follow some organized church's Code of Ethics, even if done loosely.

Old 01-24-2015, 02:02 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Anti-Gay Tennessee School Denies Admission to Child of Gay Parents*|*Jamie McGonnigal

I have to question why ANY gay man would invest his time, money and emotions in an organization that demonizes his very existence. People SHOULD only support organizations or people who support them. He really kind of deserves this treatment. Perhaps it will open his eyes.
Some Christian schools will even fire a faculty member if they get divorced. no, it's not out of bigotry, these schools actually believe in upholding the teachings of the bible.

Old 01-24-2015, 02:02 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,041,216 times
I am outraged. OUTRAGED! Look, look everyone! See how OUTRAGED I am! I'm part of the club too!

Old 01-24-2015, 02:14 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,974,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Jesus did no such thing. There was no marriage then.
Well, I just googled Matthew 19, and YES, Jesus said that!
But then, he also said some things about the "rich", and it would appear that NONE of us are going to Heaven anyway!
Read it and weep!

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...19&version=KJV

Some might also find this discussion interesting:

https://bible.org/article/paul-romans-and-homosexuality

and another:

http://taylormarshall.com/2013/04/ho...testament.html

with google it is SO easy to find "stuff"!

Last edited by Redraven; 01-24-2015 at 02:28 PM..

Old 01-24-2015, 02:21 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,170 times
I'm not surprised that they don't want to send that kid to the Nashville public schools, with the czarnuchs. That kid would get CLOWNED.

Old 01-25-2015, 06:34 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Even a church will not tolerate members openly living in sin. Why should a school accept it?

Secondly, homosexuality is specifically called "an abomination." I think this sets it apart from all other sin.

Yes, we all sin. That's why we need Christ's forgiveness. But His forgiveness is not a license to live a life "in sin" as homosexuals do.

Sorry. I'm with the school on this.
Since abomination doesn't exist in the original scriptures no it's not called that. By your logic, eating shellfish is set apart from all other sins, as is sleeping with one's wife during her menstrual cycle. Both are called abominations.

No matter how many lies you spread about the Bible and gays, they don't just magically become true so you can justify your evil.

Leviticus 11:10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:

So apparently eating shellfish is as evil as homosexuality by your extremist logic. For the record, "abomination" is listed in the KJV 76 times. An absolute proof that your ridiculous "set apart from all other sins" nonsense is just that, nonsense.

All you've proven is you know absolutely nothing about the Bible and just use it to justify your hatred of gay people.

By the way, for added fun, this is also called an abomination: Pro 6:19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

I wonder if you can figure out the hypocritical irony.

Last edited by Fiyero; 01-25-2015 at 06:42 AM..

Old 01-25-2015, 08:16 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Well, I just googled Matthew 19, and YES, Jesus said that!
But then, he also said some things about the "rich", and it would appear that NONE of us are going to Heaven anyway!
Read it and weep!

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...19&version=KJV

Some might also find this discussion interesting:

https://bible.org/article/paul-romans-and-homosexuality

and another:

Homosexuality: Does the New Testament Condemn It? - Taylor Marshall

with google it is SO easy to find "stuff"!
When I read this, this is not the message I got......I kindly disagree with you.

If the church can play/change words now in the Bible we know it happened before the year 2011, when they presented changing "virgin" to "woman."

If a 14-20 yr old person read this what would they consider "booty" to be in 2015......

Bible, similarly changing many generic references to "mankind" in favor of gender neutrality. It also adopted language intended to "more clearly express the meaning of the original," it said — like changing "booty" to "plunder" or "spoils of war," because "booty" has a different, decidedly unbiblical meaning nowadays.

Old 01-25-2015, 08:22 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
Instead of crying about it they should find a school that will accept them. Bravo to the school for actually having beliefs and standing up for them.
By punishing a kid? What are the "sins" of a child?

Ezekiel 18:20 tells us, “The soul who sins is the one who will die. The son will not share the guilt of the father, nor will the father share the guilt of the son.” This verse clearly shows that punishment for one’s sins is borne by that person.

no?

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 01-25-2015 at 08:35 AM..

Old 01-25-2015, 05:19 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Some Christian schools will even fire a faculty member if they get divorced. no, it's not out of bigotry, these schools actually believe in upholding the teachings of the bible.
You know, I don't begrudge them IF they uphold that kind of standards. It's when they start judging gay parents to be so inferior to children of divorced straight people (of which there are many). An employee SHOULD be held to a higher standard than prospective students. My sister's kids attended a catholic prek-6 school where the principal was having an affair with one of the teachers. In fact, married principal and his married lover were caught kissing in his office. Even with that, some of the parents (not my sister and her hubby, thank gawd) insisted that the principal should stay. Eventually, the pair WAS fired, but it created a HUGE RIFT between the parents who wanted the principal to stay and those that wanted him gone. My sister and BIL lost friends on account of it because they stood their ground and insisted that such carrying on should not be conducted in front of their kids. I'll bet that those same parents wanting to keep the principal would be hypocrites and probably SUE a closeted gay principal for making their little darlings into sodomites. They cut a lot of slack to people who look, act and orient like themselves and everyone else is doomed to the kingdom of Satan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies