Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 12:04 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,798,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingIL View Post
Because i don't talk about stuff thats fake.
Like Mike Brown's innocence?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 12:08 PM

20,403 posts, read 12,296,313 times
Quote:
Does anybody actually listen to what this hack has to say? I live in Colorado Springs, and so most of the talk stations syndicate him in the afternoons. But I'm amazed at the absolute onslaught of lies and moral platitudes that fit a brainless conservative narrative, like he's some sort of enlightened visionary slash Reagan cult member. Today, however, when discussing the recent Haouthi takeover in the capital of Yemen, his bombastic, disingenuous vitriol was on full display and I need to try and understand how ANYONE lets it fly like he might actually be right ever.

If you listen to this guy, why? I don't mean that to be an insult framed as a rhetorical question, either. I really want to know, why? Do you not realize how full of lies almost EVERYTHING this guy says is?

And before you smear me and try to assassinate my character and call me a lefty and a liberal or a commie... I'm AS far from liberal as you could be. Liberals are just as bad as conservatives and their pundits lie just as much, they just lie differently. So don't accuse me of that, because you'd be totally wrong. The full spectrum of world opinion does not fall along the right-left divide, and neither do I.

I hope politics is the correct forum to put this in.

hmm... I would like to expore this a bit further, would you mind providing one of his statments that you claim is a lie so we can kick the tires a bit?

I have listend to Mark from time to time. but not often. He is a bit more angry than I am so......

but I dont remember him saying something that struck me as a lie.

happy to agree with you if you can find some actual statement he made that was in fact a lie.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:16 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,220,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post

Old 01-26-2015, 12:28 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,664,677 times
Mark Levin has 2 issues.

1. Foreign policy is black and white. There is no grey no other solution then to continue to be involved in everything these countries believe. Now I don't believe the WEST and the the Middle east have much in common as far as the ideals of life and religion. Because of this we are in the middle of culture and economic battle over what kinda of relationships we have with them. Now if we continue to be a self dependent oil nation and work with western countries we will continue to have a good economic future.

2. Mark confuses constitutional defense of the nation with defense of our nation and has spent to much time thinking as many neocons that we must remake the middle east in some military peace thru strength.

A level headed conservative would do this. trade with them, remove all sanctions, all foreign aid and all military support and funding for them. Leaving one warning, attack us and we will level your entire nation. Tell them to fix your extremist who are FUNDED by rich extremist within your countries of they can not continue to fight a holy war without money and a support system. The united states should not continue to fund terrorist nations in any form and the richest Islamist should be monitored and then be attacked on the day we are attacked.

Who funds ISIS?
Who provides the propaganda for ISIS who in the us government is providing intel to ISIS.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:44 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,188,872 times
Quote:
Does anybody actually listen to what this hack has to say? I live in Colorado Springs, and so most of the talk stations syndicate him in the afternoons. But I'm amazed at the absolute onslaught of lies and moral platitudes that fit a brainless conservative narrative, like he's some sort of enlightened visionary slash Reagan cult member. Today, however, when discussing the recent Haouthi takeover in the capital of Yemen, his bombastic, disingenuous vitriol was on full display and I need to try and understand how ANYONE lets it fly like he might actually be right ever.

If you listen to this guy, why? I don't mean that to be an insult framed as a rhetorical question, either. I really want to know, why? Do you not realize how full of lies almost EVERYTHING this guy says is?

And before you smear me and try to assassinate my character and call me a lefty and a liberal or a commie... I'm AS far from liberal as you could be. Liberals are just as bad as conservatives and their pundits lie just as much, they just lie differently. So don't accuse me of that, because you'd be totally wrong. The full spectrum of world opinion does not fall along the right-left divide, and neither do I.

I can not take his rants
nor can I listen to his screaming we should never compromise
which is what is wrong with BOTH parties
I mean look at Obama, he RAN on not being a politician
and oh what a hack he is
no do not listen to this blowhard

Old 01-26-2015, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post

that is just a smoke screen

Old 01-26-2015, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Sounds like an assumtpion typical of Levin himself: a single sentence and you suddenly know just "who" I am and discredit everything else I say. Good job being smart, pal.

that is one of the many reasons I quit listening to him

Old 01-26-2015, 12:54 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,683,176 times
Quote:

Are you in Boulder

Old 01-26-2015, 02:39 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,350,603 times
Quote:
LOL! How can you NOT see my point? "From some MSNBC site..." The "two" party system has convinced you, and most people of your ilk, that there are TWO OPINIONS IN THE WHOLE WORLD. MSNBC/CNN/CBS and FOX/Limbaugh/Levin. Stop. The world is so much more nuanced.
Here, listen to these guy's:

Executive Summary

You'll be tuning back to Mark afterwards. Have you read any of his books?

Old 01-26-2015, 03:23 PM

5,325 posts, read 5,054,163 times
My dad listens to him ALL THE TIME. I'm in CO Springs too (So I don't know anything according to one poster ).

Mark is annoying in that he yells all the time.

I haven't caught him outright lying, but I don't follow the boring political stuff he talks about too much. What annoys me most about him is that he beats the same issues into the ground, divides everyone among everyone, makes everything a hill to die on, and sacrifices baby kitties to the founding fathers. He shoots at irrelevant points, like eliminating the national debt or living how the founding fathers did, while ignoring issues today and ignoring any sort of criticism, but I think every talk show host does these things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies