Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2015, 04:16 AM

3,022 posts, read 2,274,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
People kill me with this whole "not fair" argument. So if I bust my butt my whole life starting from nothing, get myself in a good position, and start compounding my earnings until I become rich, I should just give my money away to people that lacked the same talent and drive as me? How is that "fair"? People have control over their own fates. People need to stop blaming the rich because they failed at life.
So you are in favor in just not paying employees nothing then? Not everyone has the same talent and drive like you but you seem to arrogant to see that. Tell the people who got an illiness or grew up in poverty they have control over their lives.

Old 01-28-2015, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Bottom line about hate is this, you hate for one of two reasons:

1) You hate someone who has directly harmed you and given you a reason to hate them.

2) YOU WERE TAUGHT TO HATE BY SOMEONE ELSE.

In the case of the "evil 1%" very few people who hate them have been directly, tangibly harmed by them. The Walton family has never directly harmed virtually anyone who hates them. Neither have the Koch Brothers, George Soros, Warren Buffet or any other absurdly rich person. If you hate them, chances are about 99.9% certain that you were taught to hate them by the media-political complex, using a relativist fantasy about how good you could have it were it not for...

But the bottom line is, that hate was given to/forced on you by outside entities who somehow profit or benefit from your hating those things they have directed you to hate.
When they do not pay their employees enough to live on I would say that is harming their employees both in the physical and emotinal sense.

Old 01-28-2015, 05:00 AM

1,431 posts, read 912,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
So you are in favor in just not paying employees nothing then? Not everyone has the same talent and drive like you but you seem to arrogant to see that. Tell the people who got an illiness or grew up in poverty they have control over their lives.
Lol. You seem arrogant for making assumptions and being completely wrong, because I did grow up in a poverty stricken area, an urban area with high violence and drug abuse rates, teenage pregnancy, etc. So did my mother. And so did her mother. Did you have friends or family that were either arrested or killed on a regular basis during your entire childhood?

When I realized that I could create my own destiny, I made things happen. So what were you saying? That I should tell myself that I have control over my life? I already did that.

Old 01-28-2015, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Lol. You seem arrogant for making assumptions and being completely wrong, because I did grow up in a poverty stricken area, an urban area with high violence and drug abuse rates, teenage pregnancy, etc. So did my mother. And so did her mother. Did you have friends or family that were either arrested or killed on a regular basis during your entire childhood?

When I realized that I could create my own destiny, I made things happen. So what were you saying? That I should tell myself that I have control over my life? I already did that.
Good for you but you are wrongly assuming that just because you got out anyone can. You have no proof of that.

Old 01-28-2015, 05:40 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Isnt GE legendary for its tax avoidance strategies? That GE?

And yes the CEO is gettng a tax free form of income. You're foolish attempt to claim that since it wasnt cash it has no value...but then you go on and on about its cost, and how it isnt free.

Make up your mind.

G.E.'s amazing shrinking corporate tax rate!:

Only Little People Pay Taxes | Mother Jones

But that's OK, because the people known as corporations are paying less and less of the tax burden anyway (it would hurt their little corporate feelings to have to pay more...)

Old 01-28-2015, 07:39 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So you said you wouldn't mind paying more in taxes. I'll bet you didn't send that government extra check yet.
The extra money he wants the government to take isn't HIS money it's the money that others have.

Old 01-28-2015, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
G.E.'s amazing shrinking corporate tax rate!:

Only Little People Pay Taxes | Mother Jones

But that's OK, because the people known as corporations are paying less and less of the tax burden anyway (it would hurt their little corporate feelings to have to pay more...)
I say we make corporations pay a 90% tax on everything.

I say we do that because after the first year when all the people who feel corporations should pay more are paying an extra $500 for their computer, they will realize that the consumer actually pays those taxes and then scream about how those taxes should be removed.

Yes, I know, they won't be able to make the connection. They'll claim it's because the CEO is making too much money. You can explain that if you completely eliminated the CEO's compensation, it would only bring that computer cost down $5, meaning they'll still be paying $495 more, but then they'll go on about the expensive offices and everything else.

Their emotional "rich people are evil" will always trump logic and math.

Old 01-28-2015, 07:53 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,345,556 times
Maybe once the 1% owns more then 75% of everything and the rest are giving up all of their wages in rents and leases and the concept of personal property ownership disappears will the tax revolution begin.
People have forgotten the lessons learned about King George and the original 13 colonies.
Right now, the attitude of, "I've got mine, screw the rest", still prevails.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickofDiamonds View Post
Maybe once the 1% owns more then 75% of everything and the rest are giving up all of their wages in rents and leases and the concept of personal property ownership disappears will the tax revolution begin.
People have forgotten the lessons learned about King George and the original 13 colonies.
Right now, the attitude of, "I've got mine, screw the rest", still prevails.
The lesson of King George was about "I have the authority over you to take what I want" which you can see becoming a greater theme with our government.

You have the freedom to avoid doing business with any rich person or corporation you choose. The freedom you lack is having a government that has true force to make you do as they choose.

I'm not sure if I just misread your post or if you were that off.

Old 01-28-2015, 11:32 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,840,537 times
Quote:
People kill me with this whole "not fair" argument. So if I bust my butt my whole life starting from nothing, get myself in a good position, and start compounding my earnings until I become rich, I should just give my money away to people that lacked the same talent and drive as me? How is that "fair"? People have control over their own fates. People need to stop blaming the rich because they failed at life.
People need to stop thinking someone who makes less money than they do has failed at life. They especially need to stop treating them that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies