Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2015, 03:21 PM

325 posts, read 255,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
When employees are looked upon from the system perspective, we end up with a cast system.

"Since he is an employee without a college degree, we can never rise above this level."

When employees are looked upon as individuals, we end up with a merit system.

"He doesn't have a degree, but he knows more about the process than anyone else. He needs to be promoted to manager."

Wrong. It would be by means of co-operative resources.

If you put down your ego, you'd realize that most successful people have worked hard to get more. It's why capitalism works.

Your emotion tends to cloud your mirror.

[u]

You'd be wrong. It's easy to understand why you believe this, since you seem to believe that anybody who has anything was given it and that all the hard workers are shut out. The problem is it's not reality.

It would be YOU who would be pleading and saying it isn't fair that you haven't been given what you need - deserve.

Now, if you are talking about more of a raw survival of the fittest kind of thing, I would guess that you wouldn't stand a chance against me.

SQUIRREL!!!!!
You constantly tell me my beliefs yet I cannot recall stating any of these opinions in any of my previous posts. Why don't you familiarize yourself with what I have actually written before attempting to marginalize me? After all, a squirrel shouldn't be much of a threat to your Macho self.

Old 02-10-2015, 03:40 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maleman View Post
You constantly tell me my beliefs yet I cannot recall stating any of these opinions in any of my previous posts. Why don't you familiarize yourself with what I have actually written before attempting to marginalize me? After all, a squirrel shouldn't be much of a threat to your Macho self.
I wasn't calling you a squirrel, it was a movie reference about distraction.

Old 02-10-2015, 03:43 PM

3,792 posts, read 2,385,439 times
Quote:
That is the way I read it too.

Old 02-10-2015, 03:48 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
So many posters here are middle class, and they clearly hate -- loathe -- those who are in the upper income class and upper wealth class.

Why can't middle class people just get along with those who earn more/are worth more? I

Is it just jealousy, or is there more to it?
I'm middle class, and don't even know any 1%ers personally, so how could I "hate" or "loathe" them?

Old 02-10-2015, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Oh, I see.
Sorry, I don't watch movies. I try to avoid the mass media as much as possible. I feel my IQ dropping by the second every time I turn on the TV. And I always want to scream at the set when some talking head starts spouting inane lies. Although I did like "Cops", back in the day.

Old 02-10-2015, 04:19 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I'm middle class, and don't even know any 1%ers personally, so how could I "hate" or "loathe" them?
Oh no worries, if you do get to meet them, you will find about 30% are wonderful human beings, I mean truly amazing folks. the other 70%...well yeah. Prison inmates are have less sociopathic tendencies.

Old 02-10-2015, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Oh no worries, if you do get to meet them, you will find about 30% are wonderful human beings, I mean truly amazing folks. the other 70%...well yeah. Prison inmates are have less sociopathic tendencies.
nice one. It is more like 1% of the 1% are really bad. The rest just get the blame for the others.

Old 02-10-2015, 04:31 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContrarianEcon View Post
nice one. It is more like 1% of the 1% are really bad. The rest just get the blame for the others.
Actually thats a fair response, you dont hit the 70% suck til you get to the .01% or so.

Trust me on this. I've met quite a few of them. And 30% of them really are great people. A lot of the others look like nice people til you separate their actions from their words, then....not so much. total sociopaths. I've felt safer surrounded by biker gangs.

Old 02-10-2015, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Actually thats a fair response, you dont hit the 70% suck til you get to the .01% or so.

Trust me on this. I've met quite a few of them. And 30% of them really are great people. A lot of the others look like nice people til you separate their actions from their words, then....not so much. total sociopaths. I've felt safer surrounded by biker gangs.
It does something to the soul to perpetuate the suffering of millions so that you can have more and more. That 70% of the .01% are the ones who encourage the "it's your fault you're poor" rhetoric. Not one of them would **** on you if you were on fire. They might sell popcorn to the crowd watching, however.

Old 02-10-2015, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maleman View Post
It does something to the soul to perpetuate the suffering of millions so that you can have more and more. That 70% of the .01% are the ones who encourage the "it's your fault you're poor" rhetoric. Not one of them would **** on you if you were on fire. They might sell popcorn to the crowd watching, however.
And they are the ones getting free ride form inflation. By free ride I mean they benefit from it when the rest get hurt by it.

Well 5% a year increase in the minimum wage will ding them a tiny bit but...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies