Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 08:14 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Being men have been the military for a lot longer then women, when women come in THEY should have to wear the SAME uniform as men.

I was told in boot camp that the shaving of the head was a for 2 reasons;

1. It was a health issue.Hygiene, lice, dirty hair etc.

2. it makes EVERYBODY start out on an even keel.

If women want to "break the mold" and enter the military why shouldn't THEY have to do exactly as the men have done for years.

Many women scream equality, only when it suits them, but, in reality they don't want it. They want special treatment.
Requiring women to shave off all of their hair before entering basic training is DUMB on every level.

Not to mention that it's unnecessary.

This is 2015...hygiene is much different than it once was (many, many moons ago) when having lice wasn't abnormal and we were conscripting kids into the military instead of having volunteers. Few if any recruits come into the military with head lice anymore.

The shaving of the head is more a ritual than anything else, and it's not necessary anymore even for males.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:15 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,261,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think as long as you can put it in a neat bun that doesn't touch your collar, you are good to go. You are not allowed to have super long hair. I had/have long wavy hair and my brother tried to cut it short when I told him I wanted to join the Marine Corps when I was 13, I freaked out and that right there, killed all my desire of wanting to be a female Marine.

I remember in the Marine Corps at least, The female hair must be above and may not touch the collar and must not interfere with the wearing of the cover or any other headgear or equipment. While the hair bands are permitted to fashion your hair they may not be visible while in uniform.

i think a lady should be allowed to look like a lady when in service, as long as her hair style does not interfere with training and her service.
"You are not allowed to have super long hair." Of course they are in the Navy. BUT, they DO have to put it up. Most women use some sort of braiding and it goes under the hat.

There is NO length requirements.

http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/navy/...grooming_2.htm

Old 01-26-2015, 08:18 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,301,422 times
Quote:
Being men have been the military for a lot longer then women, when women come in THEY should have to wear the SAME uniform as men.

I was told in boot camp that the shaving of the head was a for 2 reasons;

1. It was a health issue.Hygiene, lice, dirty hair etc.

2. it makes EVERYBODY start out on an even keel.

Why should they shave mens hair and NOT women.

If women want to "break the mold" and enter the military why shouldn't THEY have to do exactly as the men have done for years.

Many women scream equality, only when it suits them, but, in reality they don't want it. They want special treatment.
You are such a meanie face.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:32 AM

39,194 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:
"You are not allowed to have super long hair." Of course they are in the Navy. BUT, they DO have to put it up. Most women use some sort of braiding and it goes under the hat.

There is NO length requirements.

http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/navy/...grooming_2.htm
well that is what I meant, put it up. You cannot have long flowing hair like this

Cute Long Hairstyle for Women in Her Twenties | Men and Women Hairstyles

What the hell, The girls with long hair got a lot of crap from the DIs for taking too long to get it in a bun . Not worth the aggravation. So they cut it short.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 01-26-2015 at 08:47 AM..

Old 01-26-2015, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
You are such a meanie face.
What is THAT supposed to mean?

Old 01-26-2015, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well that is what I meant, put it up. You cannot have long flowing hair like this

Cute Long Hairstyle for Women in Her Twenties | Men and Women Hairstyles

What the hell, The girls with long hair got a lot of crap from the DIs for taking too long to get it in a bun . Not worth the aggravation. So they cut it short.
I read this, "You are not allowed to have super long hair." and responded to it.

Old 01-26-2015, 11:32 AM

39,194 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:
I read this, "You are not allowed to have super long hair." and responded to it.
Okay then.

Old 01-26-2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Requiring women to shave off all of their hair before entering basic training is DUMB on every level.

Not to mention that it's unnecessary.

This is 2015...hygiene is much different than it once was (many, many moons ago) when having lice wasn't abnormal and we were conscripting kids into the military instead of having volunteers. Few if any recruits come into the military with head lice anymore.

The shaving of the head is more a ritual than anything else, and it's not necessary anymore even for males.
"Requiring women to shave off all of their hair before entering basic training is DUMB on every level."

It was NEVER my intention to suggest such a thing.

I believe I stated that IN boot camp is where men got shaved which is the wrong phrase to use.

They don't "shave" You get a buzz cut. My apologizes.

Old 01-26-2015, 02:30 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
"Requiring women to shave off all of their hair before entering basic training is DUMB on every level."

It was NEVER my intention to suggest such a thing.

I believe I stated that IN boot camp is where men got shaved which is the wrong phrase to use.

They don't "shave" You get a buzz cut. My apologizes.
No...I know you meant buzzcut. No apology needed.

Still, there's no reason to do that to women. Doing it to men is more of a ritual now than for hygiene.

I mean, you can concede that nearly no one entering the military anymore has lice. It's just a vestige of a practice that the military used when head lice was relatively normal for many poor kids in this country.

Men should still do it. But not women.

Old 01-28-2015, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No...I know you meant buzzcut. No apology needed.

Still, there's no reason to do that to women. Doing it to men is more of a ritual now than for hygiene.

I mean, you can concede that nearly no one entering the military anymore has lice. It's just a vestige of a practice that the military used when head lice was relatively normal for many poor kids in this country.

Men should still do it. But not women.
You make these "informed" claims of fact based on what other then your opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.