Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 01:43 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,127,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Welcome to America. The country with the highest number of incarcerated people in the world. A country, where eating a cheeseburger while driving is a crime.

Man Gets Ticket for Driving While Eating a Cheeseburger - ABC News

Cobb county is the same county that once gave me a ticket for not using a turn signal. I always use my signals. I very much HATE people that don't use signals. The cop didn't see me signal. So, hey, you're a criminal, pay the fine. Or try to fight it like I tried, and get suspended jail time AND the fine.

I see nothing has changed. Cobb county sucks. We aren't people to the government any more. We're "soon to be" criminals with fat wallets.
How do you get suspended jail time for fighting a ticket?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2015, 01:56 PM

518 posts, read 871,270 times
You have got to fuel the bureaucracy. Those fees and what not are "job creators" ya know.

Oh and don't ever ever get an actual DUI.... talk about a nightmare.

American people are prey. What's unfortunate is that many of our fellow Americans cheer for this... but wait until they are charged with "Driving With A Cheeseburger".... all about "It doesn't effect me so you deserve it" Typical of our society today.

Old 01-25-2015, 02:01 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,824,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Because the judge was a ****.

Old 01-25-2015, 02:02 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,984,781 times
Both "hands on the wheel" do NOT make you a better driver, or mean that you're concentrating more....

Old 01-25-2015, 02:12 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,923,377 times
Funny, I was run onto the shoulder of the freeway last yr by a cop screwing around with his laptop. He just waved like it was no big deal. Why are those clowns exempt from driving distracted? I filed a complaint, and of course nothing came of it. Surprise.

Old 01-25-2015, 02:21 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,875,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Funny, I was run onto the shoulder of the freeway last yr by a cop screwing around with his laptop. He just waved like it was no big deal. Why are those clowns exempt from driving distracted? I filed a complaint, and of course nothing came of it. Surprise.
People don' t like whiners. Your complaint went straight to the round file where it belongs.

Old 01-25-2015, 04:11 PM

77 posts, read 59,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
Both "hands on the wheel" do NOT make you a better driver, or mean that you're concentrating more....
Then please tell us what both hands on the wheel make us, eh?

Do both hands on the wheel make us dangerous?

I'll grant you we can have both hands on the wheel and both eyes on some skirt walking along a sidewalk, and therefore both hands don't mean diddly.

But overall, yes, both hands are better than one or no hands.

If you are in a cab or on a bus---especially with your child---are you gonna feel more comfortable with the driver using two hands or one?

How about him/her using one hand to scarf a burger?
How about him/her using one hand to play a video game on a phone?
How about him/her using one hand to drink a "lite" beer?

"Both hands on the wheel, driver! Thank you very much!"
------Harry Chapin's possible last words

Old 01-25-2015, 08:04 PM

22,652 posts, read 24,563,352 times
The amount of people paying little attention to what they are doing while driving is shocking to me. Driving is probably one of the most serious responsibility many people have....everyone should pay strict attention to their DRIVING, not other things.

Good for the officer!

I'll go so far as to say, let police officers work in their off time, issuing tickets to people who are driving and violating the law. Let these officers write LOTS of tickets......and they get a commission for the total revenue collected.

Old 01-25-2015, 08:15 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,151,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoniOdin View Post
Acting "stupid" isn't and shouldn't be a crime!
It is when it breaks the law. I missed a speed limit sign once and got a speeding ticket. I wouldn't have been speeding if I saw the sign, but because of my own error, I broke the law.

Old 01-26-2015, 01:34 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,809,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Because the judge was a ****.
what likely happened is that they had too many people in their jails and as a result the feds ordered them to reduce the jail population, so they decided that attrition was the easiest way to do it, so people who fought tickets instead of "getting the full measure of the law" he got a suspended jail sentence. or perhaps he said something that the judge didnt like, such as "your honor i object", and was cited for contempt of court, but the judge again, due to the aforementioned over crowding, was forced to suspend the jail sentence.

in the end i want to go peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather, not screaming and yelling like his passengers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies