Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2015, 09:53 PM

191 posts, read 171,974 times

Advertisements

Went to church today at the local Southern Baptist Church. Half or more of the people in their were over 60 and that being conservative. Republicans have the same problem that the church has. In 10 years a good part of their base will be dead. The pastor in the church is worried about the demographics and the aging membership. How about the Tea Party are they concerned that their membership is people over 70. Fox News viewers are 65 and older. Look at the posters on this forum...they go way past 60 if the truth was told.

Is this how you start a revolution with a bunch of 70 year old voters dependent on government benefits?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2015, 09:55 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,966,662 times
paradiseca, Your pastor needs to lead the GOP. Good to hear he is worried..NOW.

Old 01-25-2015, 10:06 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,824,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
The GOP has little chance, as even if they gained 4 or 5% in Blue Wall states, NONE would flip. That wall alone makes the Dem nominee a virtual slam dunk.

Now if the GOP passes Immigration Reform with a pathway to citizenship, and abandons positions on settled law like Roe v Wade, that would perhaps be a game changer.
The 2014 election could be a preview of what is to come for the GOP. If the blue wall is so strong, then why did blue states like Illinois and Massachusetts get Republican governors? That could be a sign that the Demographics are shifting and people are fed up with the Democrats.

Old 01-25-2015, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradiseca View Post
Went to church today at the local Southern Baptist Church. Half or more of the people in their were over 60 and that being conservative. Republicans have the same problem that the church has. In 10 years a good part of their base will be dead. The pastor in the church is worried about the demographics and the aging membership. How about the Tea Party are they concerned that their membership is people over 70. Fox News viewers are 65 and older. Look at the posters on this forum...they go way past 60 if the truth was told.

Is this how you start a revolution with a bunch of 70 year old voters dependent on government benefits?
I know plenty of young Republicans/Conservatives. You act like all young people are liberal.

And I have seen churches where there is virtually nobody over 60.

Old 01-25-2015, 10:08 PM

LOL, the 2010 GOP victories far surpassed 2014 and how did 2012 work out again?

Old 01-25-2015, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
The only reason the USA was 90% white in 1940 was because they didn't count any of the Hispanics living and working in the Southwest.
Yep. My Mexican Great-Grandparents and Grandparents came to the US during the Mexican Revolution and were counted as "White" in the census-even though they are as "brown" as the next Hispanic.

Old 01-25-2015, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
I believe the Latinos told all of us what they thought of the GOP's rigid stance on immigration last time. They happen to be America's fastest growing voting block, and their 5 million vote margin for Obama put him in the WH for a 2nd term.

Romney lost an electoral shellacking, winning under 39% of the electoral college. The Blue Wall states had double-digit margins; 5% would not have mattered.
And you think all Latinos are for illegal immigration? They don't represent my family. The Hispanics who have actually been in the US for a long time and came here the RIGHT way are against the illegal immigrants. They have seen first hand of what illegals can do- like join gangs or do other crimes.

Old 01-25-2015, 10:24 PM

I know Latinos have gone 3-1 Dems for POTUS. I also know their voting block is increasing in size. I also know with the red wall being far smaller than the blue wall, the GOP must perform leaps and bounds better with America's fastest growing voting block.

IF it wants to win POTUS again..that is.

Old 01-26-2015, 01:20 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
And you think all Latinos are for illegal immigration? They don't represent my family. The Hispanics who have actually been in the US for a long time and came here the RIGHT way are against the illegal immigrants. They have seen first hand of what illegals can do- like join gangs or do other crimes.
Yep. My Dad says that we know that the illegals screw us just like they do when we visit Mexico.

Old 01-26-2015, 05:36 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagittarius Sirius View Post
The Republicans are most likely going to win in 2016, the recent gains they have had show that they have a hold over the democrats

who do you think they will elect for president ?

i think it will be Mitt Romney, with Marco Rubio as VP
I think this won't be the first (or last) time you've been wrong.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies